Author Topic: False con indication  (Read 418 times)

Offline xJUGGOx

• Zinc Member
False con indication
« on: January 28, 2012, 09:57:14 PM »
Lots of folks are seeing a con on Dar in the circle, but base isn't flashing. Go and investigate it an no con is there.  Happend after new update.
CO
VMF-222 ~Flying Deuces~
'Ain't No Rules In a Knife Fight'
http://www.vmf-222.com/

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
Re: False con indication
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 10:49:38 PM »
Lots of folks are seeing a con on Dar in the circle, but base isn't flashing. Go and investigate it an no con is there.  Happend after new update.

This sort of thing used to happen all the time back when there was one arena (before Titanic Tuesday was added and then removed again).  It also happened on Titanic Tuesday sometimes.  It's a common thing when there are a ton of people in one single arena.

Yes still definitely a bug but it hasn't really been an issue until the LW Arena started getting close to full again.  This is probably why we haven't run into it in some time now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 09:40:50 AM »

Can you get a film of this, and a report exactly where you see the dot?

HiTech

Offline xJUGGOx

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 11:42:20 AM »
Yeah I can try and get one also, my wingman told me that my plane looked like parts were falling off while flying level at 20k no cons around, and then a "phantom" aircraft appeared in front of us for a few seconds (looked like B17) the disappeared with no icon on it. Maybe all tied together?
CO
VMF-222 ~Flying Deuces~

Offline YamaRaja

• Copper Member
      • Elite Squad
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 12:50:42 PM »
Yeah I can try and get one also, my wingman told me that my plane looked like parts were falling off while flying level at 20k no cons around, and then a "phantom" aircraft appeared in front of us for a few seconds (looked like B17) the disappeared with no icon on it. Maybe all tied together?

Which coordinates on which map. Maybe we have a Bermuda Triangle in AH.   :eek:
Never leave a wingman behind

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 01:37:13 PM »
Probably good idea to take a screen shot along with that film.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 03:23:29 PM »
You'd almost need fraps to capture what's going on here.

I saw in once case for about ten minutes an enemy base where there were absolutely no friendlies would flash intermittently.  When it flashed it showed a friendly dar AND a friendly dot just south of the base.

Then after a few seconds it would stop flashing and the dot and dar would all go away.

About ten seconds later it would happen again.

The friendly dot gradually worked it's way to the right during this process - almost as if the map was tracking incorrect positions of some planes.

Also had friendlies intermittently throughout the night whose dots would get highlighted at the incorrect parts of the map while they were using vox - showing them as being located at somewhere other than where they actually were.

I wish I had more details about what map it was and where this was occurring but unfortunately I do not.

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 06:42:18 PM »

The "parts falling off" I saw last night looks just like a small dot being ejected from the aircraft. It looks the same as the bug we had a long time ago where the clipboard being minimized by the other player caused this. Have nothing to base this on but will make inquireies next time I get on.
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline xJUGGOx

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 10:06:14 PM »
HItech-  Who do i email the screenshot to?  I captured one but forgot to reset my acm cam for that sortie :-(
CO
VMF-222 ~Flying Deuces~

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 11:48:22 PM »
HItech-  Who do i email the screenshot to?  I captured one but forgot to reset my acm cam for that sortie :-(

HiTech suggested film, a lowly pudknocker, me, suggested the screen shot. I'd defer to what HiTech wants.
I'd send to support@hitechcreations.com .
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54