Author Topic: can any1 help  (Read 1947 times)

Offline davidwales

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: can any1 help
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2012, 02:57:04 PM »
oh god !! ive altready downloaded the norton anto virus and i didnt put in safe mode and now its half way through the process , any way thanks guys , i know its your best intentions , ill let you know if it finds and deletes that virus  :salute

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2012, 02:58:43 PM »
Dont use Free anti-virus programs. Its free for a reason. When searching the internet and looking at things that shall not be mentioned here, they will not protect you from virus attacks planted in the page.

Win7 + Norton = no viruses for 3 years.

I used a free anti-virus program before that and went through 2 hard drives before i wised up.

Norton is a virus in itself..... it's worse than most any virus.

80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2012, 03:02:35 PM »
Dont stress about not being in safe mode. If it cant remove it in "normal" mode, merely rerun it again in safe mode.

Wurz
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline davidwales

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2012, 03:09:55 PM »
ok thanks guys really appreciate this , you are showing good comradmanship , i sallute you all   :salute

« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 03:11:55 PM by davidwales »

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2012, 03:16:07 PM »
Join The Foreign Legion.

Offline Rebel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2012, 03:22:42 PM »
Norton SUCKS.

They've  come a long way, sure, but now they've seemed to take the line of "if you can't beat em, join em"- getting rid of norton is a major PITA, and the toll it takes on your system performance and footprint wise is unacceptable.

Get Microsoft Security Essentials- it's free, it works awesome, and when used in conjunction with UAC on Windows 7, you're nearly virus proof- anything and everything needs your permission when accessing administrator privs, so unless you are not paying attention, you should be just fine.

Good luck getting your system fixed.  After you get through with the Norton run do this: Uninstall Norton, run CCleaner to make sure the symantec info is out of your registry, then download and run MSE in a full system scan to see what Norton left behind.

"You rebel scum"

Offline davidwales

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2012, 03:27:17 PM »
krupinski i expect you have no tollerence to any team member or game palyer , i have looked at most of the palyers , who have been nasty etc , and at the end of the day they do care , even the players who are the top aces , making unkind remarks is not good , you should have posted that on the thread i made when i could not get help , but guess what i have had loads of guys helping me and i wont forget them neither , so try and be nice or dont bother replying  :salute

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2012, 03:31:26 PM »
  Microsoft has free software. (Microsoft Security Essentials) I have used it on several computers with good results.

BUT:   the redirect Virus will not be cured with any antivirus software no matter if you pay or not. It makes changes in the windows registry and unless you are a Computer Geek DO NOT MESS WITH IT.

What does work is a clean reinstall of windows. Back up any data you want to save and reinstall windows. You may have hours of updating depending on how old the windows disk and computer is.

This is the only thing that brought my computer back to normal after hours of trying to reinstall programs, drivers ect.
 And when I was done I had gotten rid of a lot of clutter that slowed down my machine in the first place.
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline davidwales

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2012, 03:35:23 PM »
thank you rebel i  :salute you i will get it downloaded tonight , hopfully i can use the time i use on bb to use with my sqd , and all i have done on wish list was to fetch new ideas to the table , maybe i done it the wrong way , but im glad , i come here as i acn see there are some nice guys , including the nasty guys , but at the end of the day they are commrades in arms , and ive learnt not to be so abrasive , to some replys  :salute

Offline davidwales

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2012, 03:36:59 PM »
and you slate i  :salute you

Offline Rebel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2012, 03:39:35 PM »
thank you rebel i  :salute you i will get it downloaded tonight , hopfully i can use the time i use on bb to use with my sqd , and all i have done on wish list was to fetch new ideas to the table , maybe i done it the wrong way , but im glad , i come here as i acn see there are some nice guys , including the nasty guys , but at the end of the day they are commrades in arms , and ive learnt not to be so abrasive , to some replys  :salute

Slate may have a point- the virus may have infected the registry, and in some cases this will cause the redirect to exist even after the most thorough of scans.  

Try CCleaner, and see if that doesn't catch it.  It's a long shot, but worth the time to try.
If, however, you cannot recover from it, a full format/install from scratch is the 100% cure-all (DON'T FORGET!- backup critical files and driver installers!).  It's a pain in the butt, but something we've all gone through at some point or another.  

By the way- what operating system are you using?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 03:41:21 PM by Rebel »
"You rebel scum"

Offline davidwales

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2012, 03:44:57 PM »
im using windows xp so far norton has picked 35 , im hoping to get back tommorow evening to my sqd, i wont forget any of the help i received in this bb , thank u rebel  :salute

Offline Digr1

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2012, 03:54:42 PM »
ever try format then reinstall your os

Offline Rebel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2012, 04:03:34 PM »
im using windows xp so far norton has picked 35 , im hoping to get back tommorow evening to my sqd, i wont forget any of the help i received in this bb , thank u rebel  :salute

No worries, man.  Good luck.  Hope you get fixed up okay.  Viruses are never fun. 

by the way- do you know how you got it?  you might consider an upgrade to Windows 7 for the added security.
"You rebel scum"

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2012, 04:34:31 PM »
Had a similar problem years ago when I used XP, finally fixed it with "Combofix" .