Author Topic: How do I put game in Windowed mode?  (Read 1517 times)

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
Re: How do I put game in Windowed mode?
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2012, 10:06:52 PM »
Didn't one of the versions briefly have a windowed mode before it was removed via a patch?

I think you're thinking of when they switched the start up screen to windowed mode.  It still is that way.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2012, 07:07:26 PM »
why? :headscratch:

Multitasking.  People, potentialy, would want to play AH and then browse sports scores or post a status update on FB whenever they have a moment to.... 

I agree, it is a feature that would be nice to have implimented but isn't critical, and it would be a feature some would opt to use while others wouldn't, and nobody would gain any gameplay advantage over the other (plus, I like AFK red guys. :aok )

Most multiple-monitor settups are only two-screen settups for example, and this is purely for multitasking as you have a primary and secondary display.  It is rather rare/extravigant to have an odd-number (3 or more) of monitors (like many players do in AH) of about equal size and to have each broken down into multiple sections of a single primary visual display like you'd typicaly want for flight or racing sims.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2012, 03:13:46 PM »
Windowed will allow a player to observe the results of the applett he runs to interfere with the persons aim sitting on his tail to help him refine it's parameters. Or the results of a debugger running in realtime.

So it could seem unusual a stranger asking for the keys to the kingdom in Hitech's living room in front of his long time customers. Stranger yet, most game players these days know the answer to this question. But, again those other games let you purchase enhancements, share secret keystrokes, and many alternate avenues to save ones EGO versus simply paying the bruised EGO dues and time to become good at the game.

After all this game is famous for teaching you colorful new ways to describe your frustration along with the forgotten virtue of patience. You know...delayed gratification which makes your will power stronger. Maybe they just want to watch exotic movies while shooting other guys......... :headscratch:

Why anyone would want to waste that kind of time on an apparently seriously short sighted program like this when the Trainers and the DA are there to turn you into a Grizz clone............Dang!! And I used to think it was boring as heck running an active debugger on an 8Way SQL server listening to Microsoft SQL support snore on the phone from Mumbia at 3am. Let me tell you listening to a man mumble in hindi between snorz and drools...

zzzzzzzzz....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz z((*^^^**....zzzz....%$#@%$....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz))***(................)beep...beep...beep!!!HuH!!..snurf...slubber...gurkle... .(pssst...no mute raj!....oops..) Ok Mr. xxxxx the american support shift will be online in Tennneacchee in 5 minutes....click!......... :huh

:noid

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2012, 03:28:46 PM »
If HiTech wanted the game to have the option to run in 'windowed mode' it would.  There are some very sound business reasons for that mode not being implemented.

That said, this is a tech support forum and not the "Wishlist" forum, so any requests for any features for the game will fall on deaf ears as I have nothing to do with what happens in developement of the game.

Just out of curiosity, what are a few?
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2012, 04:00:28 PM »
I cannot get into all of it, but from my side of the fence, it is a performance problem.  DirectX does not run well, at all, in windowed mode.  You would be looking at frame rates that border on unplayable for even the fastest systems.

Windowed mode is fine for development purposes.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com