Author Topic: ENY and side balancing outdated and a freking JOKE!  (Read 6317 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: ENY and side balancing outdated and a freking JOKE!
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2012, 11:00:31 AM »
Drediock, how is that any worse than the small country getting ganged by the two big contries, and not having ENY help them?

The answer is: its not, its just different.

I would think it would be less likely to happen, as well, which means that even if a revised system with a more dynamic ENY would still be better than what we have now.

IMO, it needs to be exponential in how harsh it is, and take effect much, much, MUCH earlier.

I personally would favor a base or zone based eny system. My feeling is no base IRL would be able to support an unlimited amount of aircraft being in the air at once. That aspect of realism would help spread out any fight over a wider front or take longer for a hording effect to come together in one place thus making it easier to defend against or at lest make it more complicated to organize the horde. I would also favor a system where the type of ord available would be dependent on the size of the base. This would make larger bases somewhat more important to both attack and defend.

For me personally I  couldnt care less what ENY was. For me it just means I fly and kill you in something else.

Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2012, 11:39:44 AM »
I'm of the same view point Drediock. Of course, I few aircraft that were rarely limited by ENY. But even when I fly the P-51, a B or D was all the same.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2012, 12:46:22 PM »
Never saw the reason for ENY.............  the side with the lower numbers loses..............  end of!

Unless the side most organised wins first...........

I hate stalemates......
Ludere Vincere

Offline davidwales

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2012, 01:11:43 PM »
replace eny with free wine gum vouchers  :salute

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2012, 02:29:16 PM »
Never saw the reason for ENY.............  the side with the lower numbers loses..............  end of!

Unless the side most organised wins first...........

I hate stalemates......

the reason for eny is to make some people think they're cooler than others because they fly a "disadvantaged" airplane.  I find some really high eny airplanes are easier to get kills in than some of the lower eny i.e. f4f.  really good airplane, lots of guns, really nice turner, not the fastest but not a zero either and it has a high eny,  or the c205, nothing wrong with this plane. 

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2012, 02:39:58 PM »
replace eny with free wine gum vouchers  :salute

this is your worst idea yet!  :furious  

why don't you read some of the BBS guidelines before you make these idiotic suggestions!  :old:  this kind of drivel does not belong on the forums!!1!  :furious :furious :furious

Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2012, 02:57:50 PM »
  Don't say it three times or he may appear!  :uhoh

Unless he's taking a little vacation from the boards  :pray

Offline Fox

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2012, 06:53:07 PM »
I have always thought that a single ENY value for a plane does not make sense.  Take the P51 for example, should the 4 gun package with no bombs or rockets have the same ENY as one fully loaded with everything?  If changed, the P51 would not be able to carry 1000 lb bombs past a certain ENY value.  The 500 lb bombs might be restricted at a higher value.  It would be limited to no bombs at some ENY, but still available otherwise, etc.  Rockets, drop tanks, fuel level, gun package could all be factored in somehow. 

This system could allow even a small ENY to make an impact without preventing access to the popular planes, at least in some configuration.  Not sure how practical this would be to implement, but would allow for more options than the current system.

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2012, 06:55:58 PM »
I have always thought that a single ENY value for a plane does not make sense.  Take the P51 for example, should the 4 gun package with no bombs or rockets have the same ENY as one fully loaded with everything?  If changed, the P51 would not be able to carry 1000 lb bombs past a certain ENY value.  The 500 lb bombs might be restricted at a higher value.  It would be limited to no bombs at some ENY, but still available otherwise, etc.  Rockets, drop tanks, fuel level, gun package could all be factored in somehow.  

This system could allow even a small ENY to make an impact without preventing access to the popular planes, at least in some configuration.  Not sure how practical this would be to implement, but would allow for more options than the current system.

You might be on to something interesting.  Maybe even factor in drop tanks and fuel loads.  So a Spit16 with 25 or 50% fuel might be a higher ENY value then the same Spixteen with 100% fuel.  That Spixteen with 25% fuel would still be useful for defense, but not so useful for attacking.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 06:58:00 PM by PFactorDave »

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2012, 07:17:53 PM »

It's funny when Bish don't have enough people to horde   :D

+10 & a

for the Bish
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2012, 10:31:37 PM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 08:07:31 AM by hitech »
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2012, 10:56:08 PM »
My terrible thoughts are as follows.

If your country has overwhelming numbers, why are you complaining about eny restrictions to begin with?

a 12hr limit to switch makes it all but impossible to balance the game, but I don't ever remembering it doing that when it was one hour, so I suspect a different reason.

ENY is not about how effective or awesome a plane is, it is about how popular it is, so that us as players get to see and combat a wide variety of aircraft.   
That being said, it does directly correlate in other ways to how usefull an aircraft is, thus the eny limit when your country has overwhelming numbers.

The other side of this which seems somewhat ignored is that the other side stands to gain alot more perks, which can obviously be used towards the lowest eny aircraft and GV's

And there is not one instance of one country always having the numbers, not one. 

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2012, 08:00:51 AM »
Yeah have 20 more players and eny is 15....have 60 more eny ZERO!!!!! System works well.............. :x :x :x :x :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl Time for a change!

8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2012, 08:30:34 AM »
Yeah have 20 more players and eny is 15....have 60 more eny ZERO!!!!! System works well.............. :x :x :x :x :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl Time for a change!

(Image removed from quote.)
Are you unclear on the concept of percentages?  It certainly seems so.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2012, 09:27:07 AM »
I don't think he understands what he is reading in that pic.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)