Author Topic: ENY and side balancing outdated and a freking JOKE!  (Read 6332 times)

Offline hotard

• Copper Member
      • nampamodelaviators.org
Re: ENY and side balancing outdated and a freking JOKE!
« Reply #90 on: March 04, 2012, 04:44:59 PM »
adjustments,yes but why restriction? Better start a proportionally perking according with Eny. If you want your P51,enjoy it,but pay 10-20perks. I've seen many times buffs high bombing HQ,and having over 5 can't use the Me163. Well,  me163 shouldn't be subject to eny,only perks.

Now THAT's an idea!
Guys like me are the reason guys like you hate LA's

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #91 on: March 04, 2012, 04:49:52 PM »
Perks are already subject to some eny based multiplier......... but I get the point the multiplier just needs to be more effective and relate to  "normally" zero perked birds when eny would normally kick in.

For me I dont like ENY that tries to "balance" play by denying a side rides.

IMO the side with the biggest number should (all other stuff being equal) roll over the other sides ...there is nothing wrong with this particularly when side switching is subject to time restraints.
Ludere Vincere

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #92 on: March 04, 2012, 04:56:36 PM »
Amazing after all the posts that some folks still don't get the fact that WE KNOW IT'S A PERCENTAGE THING.
The problem is that it fails under many conditions such as the many scenarios posted in this thread.

(Image removed from quote.)

Whatever it goes by needs an adjustment if one team can have 65 more players and no restrictions.

Notice the post just a few above yours stated a quantity difference and not a % difference? So who exactly is the "WE" you refer to?

Hence I have no desire to comment on a thread that from the start is nothing but a whine poorly hidden via an invalid premiss and argument.

HiTech

Offline hotard

• Copper Member
      • nampamodelaviators.org
« Reply #93 on: March 04, 2012, 08:11:36 PM »
 :bhead
Guys like me are the reason guys like you hate LA's

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: March 04, 2012, 08:30:17 PM »
Notice the post just a few above yours stated a quantity difference and not a % difference? So who exactly is the "WE" you refer to?

Hence I have no desire to comment on a thread that from the start is nothing but a whine poorly hidden via an invalid premiss and argument.

HiTech

Perhaps I should have worded my post differently.  What I mean is that the percentage needs adjustment, especially as the overall population increases.

Example #1 - 10 players in arena:

Nits 40% - 4 players

Rooks 30% - 3 players

Bish 30% - 3 players

No reason for ENY to affect anything.

Example #2- 500 players in arena

Nits 40% - 200 players

Rooks 30% - 150 players

Bish 30% - 150 players

A 50 player advantage is significant, no?  Shouldn't ENY kick in sooner as the numbers go up?
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: March 04, 2012, 09:03:15 PM »
cal there's a time in the game when if you have 50 more players it wont make a difference in gameplay.  if you cannot defend a country with 178 players then either most of them are in the tower whining about why "we" not defending.  or are up in the air whining about "why" we are not defending.

I can understand when there's 30 fighting against 80 but not 178 against 221.  first of all the 221 are not gonna be in the same area. and second they're fighting against 330.  there's many times us in knights have had numbers like that but we getting our butts kicked all over the place because we are fighting two countries who arent fighiting each other as much as fighting us.

so numbers by themselves sometimes are :meaningless" but percentages are a more accurate representation  but even then when the numbers are so high like you quoted even if the percentage is above 50, it doesnt guarantee that that country is rolling bases like crazy.  otherwise we in knights would be able to win more wars  :D.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2012, 09:10:07 PM »
I think......I that screenie you took , yes there is a large numerical difference in the total numbers but not in flight.... Ultimately there is only a difference of about 33 over bish and 28 over knit..... Now I would hazard a guess that many of that lot nor inflight are waiting for a mission to launch...the mission would have been able to up eny 5 enmasse but after launch had you taken a screenie I'm sure you would have seen something totally different and had you been rook country. Would have been full of crying
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 09:12:20 PM by SPKmes »

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2012, 09:28:29 PM »
I'd like to see ENY twice, maybe 2.5X as punitive compared to what it is right now. Combine that with zone ENY and we actually might see something besides P51s and Spits.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: March 04, 2012, 10:56:21 PM »
cal there's a time in the game when if you have 50 more players it wont make a difference in gameplay.  if you cannot defend a country with 178 players then either most of them are in the tower whining about why "we" not defending.  or are up in the air whining about "why" we are not defending.

I can understand when there's 30 fighting against 80 but not 178 against 221.  first of all the 221 are not gonna be in the same area. and second they're fighting against 330.  there's many times us in knights have had numbers like that but we getting our butts kicked all over the place because we are fighting two countries who arent fighiting each other as much as fighting us.

so numbers by themselves sometimes are :meaningless" but percentages are a more accurate representation  but even then when the numbers are so high like you quoted even if the percentage is above 50, it doesnt guarantee that that country is rolling bases like crazy.  otherwise we in knights would be able to win more wars  :D.

semp

I think......I that screenie you took , yes there is a large numerical difference in the total numbers but not in flight.... Ultimately there is only a difference of about 33 over bish and 28 over knit..... Now I would hazard a guess that many of that lot nor inflight are waiting for a mission to launch...the mission would have been able to up eny 5 enmasse but after launch had you taken a screenie I'm sure you would have seen something totally different and had you been rook country. Would have been full of crying

Not sure if both of you are referring to this screen shot:

Notice that the Rooks have 65 more players than the Bish.  That translates to just over 140% of the Bish numbers.  If another country has almost half again your numbers and no ENY keeping them from the best rides, You wouldn't say that is unbalanced?

edit: ENY is the same whether everyone or no one is in the tower.  If a huge mission upped, the ENY would be unchanged.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 10:59:57 PM by caldera »
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: March 04, 2012, 11:12:16 PM »
This only matters if your flying the low numbered eny planes right. How about just perk those rides instead of making them unavailable.
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #100 on: March 04, 2012, 11:43:07 PM »

semp
saturday nite 130 bish 220 rooks 180 nits their was an eny of 2.1 :rofl

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #101 on: March 04, 2012, 11:47:45 PM »
saturday nite 130 bish 220 rooks 180 nits their was an eny of 2.1 :rofl

at 1 point their were 80 more rook and 50 more nits. would'nt be
so bad if it was a 3 country war.no big bish will fight their way back
and this will be a reset map.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: March 05, 2012, 12:23:18 AM »
The In Flight numbers are barely different.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

HOST: HiTech Shot Down Skyyr Kill#1

Offline realgood

• Copper Member
« Reply #103 on: March 05, 2012, 07:10:08 AM »
 :headscratch: :headscratch: :huh :bhead
Might as well face it we are all addicted to this hehehe but me really I can ouit any time I want to <Proud Member 2nd Squad >"***Alchemists***"

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: March 05, 2012, 07:52:26 AM »
The In Flight numbers are barely different.

What he said  ^^^^^^^

It is based on # of players in flight (the yellow) and NOT # of players in the arena (in red)

In other words, the guy in the tower taking a leak is not used as a variable in the ENY equation.

I cannot explain it in more simple terms than that.

Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.