Author Topic: DCS P-51 Mustang  (Read 4557 times)

Offline WING47

• Copper Member
DCS P-51 Mustang
« on: February 04, 2012, 03:04:36 PM »
YEAH!!! The same people that made my beloved Lock On are now making a P-51 Mustang. I am assuming that this would be all the luftweenies reaction to the new sim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAoZP6EuaDk

Let the flaming begin!!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 03:08:08 PM by WING47 »

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
Re: DCS P-51 Mustang
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 04:05:10 PM »
Why are you posting this here? Leave poor Skuzzy alone.

I know the search function doesn't always work the way you need it to, but just searching for DCS can get you this: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,328120.0.html
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline Rich52

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 05:46:03 PM »
So what are you going to do with it? Fly it against A-10s or other P-51s only?
Yes, your on "Ignore"

Offline beau32

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 05:56:35 PM »
From what I read, in the mission, you can fly it along with the A-10 and Blackshark, perform ground attack or whatever. Kinda silly if you ask me, but whatever floats their boat.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

"There is always a small microcosm of people who need to explain away their suckage."

Offline Rich52

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 05:59:51 PM »
From what I read, in the mission, you can fly it along with the A-10 and Blackshark, perform ground attack or whatever. Kinda silly if you ask me, but whatever floats their boat.

I own DCS A-10. Its an impressive write, but the gameplay itself is kind of nonexistant other then as a pure sim.
Yes, your on "Ignore"

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 09:41:23 PM »
Survey simulation versus study simulation. 99% of the customers here probably dont want to use that much of their attention to play a game.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 06:37:47 PM »
Survey simulation versus study simulation.
What does this mean?
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 07:33:48 PM »
Aces High is a survey simulation with a lot of different aircraft that are detailed in flight model but not in specific cockpit operations. Study simulations go into more detail in cockpit operations and other systems. Study simulations came into being with Janes but entered into their own with the Falcon series (Falcon 4.0) and DCS. DCS in my mind isnt quite at the same level but close enough.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 07:22:20 AM »
Any thoughts on A2A Simulations?

Offline STEELE

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 01:23:15 PM »
Aces High is a survey simulation with a lot of different aircraft that are detailed in flight model but not in specific cockpit operations. Study simulations go into more detail in cockpit operations and other systems. Study simulations came into being with Janes but entered into their own with the Falcon series (Falcon 4.0) and DCS. DCS in my mind isnt quite at the same level but close enough.
  You seem quite knowledgeable about flight sims!  Have you ever tried to design one?                  :angel:
 I'm fairly certain that would
Take
Alot of
Studying
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 01:25:03 PM by STEELE »
The Kanonenvogel had 6 rounds per pod, this is not even close to being open for debate.

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 09:01:10 PM »

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 09:26:27 PM »
Will the 51 in this game be easy-mode too?
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline beau32

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 09:39:25 PM »

Yeah, just run from everything.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

"There is always a small microcosm of people who need to explain away their suckage."

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 01:27:24 AM »
It depends completely on the mission creator. Best that you make sure you don't tick off your mission creator, because if you do, good luck running from an SA-10. :devil
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2012, 01:36:42 AM »

I hear you are required to wear a catheter when flying it, and you must place yourself along with the computer in northern Alaska to make sure the correct high alt temperature experienced are achieved for maximum sim-reality.

I hear in the next version they will require you to have a USB smell-o-vision, so you are forced to smell your stale farts cooped up in a tiny cockpit for 17 hour flights over Berlin.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)