Author Topic: Personal Vendetta - Specific Planes  (Read 3461 times)

Offline LATAMER

• Zinc Member
Personal Vendetta - Specific Planes
« on: February 08, 2012, 04:15:21 AM »
Might be weird to ask but thought it might be an interesting topic.

I'm not a very good fighter pilot and I know it but I have learned with time and experience and help of others and improved. For the longest time I was easily getting smoked by specific planes and didn't matter what I did. I had not figured out how to handle the different situations,certain planes abilities and how to counter them to at least give myself a chance. During that time I swear I have developed a personal vendetta against certain planes that drove me up a wall!
  • F6F - Drove me up a wall and I called them "flap tards". Annoyed the heck out of me. Tossing their flaps. I always blew it. Didn't matter. I figured the guy was sitting there saying 'look at me - I'm a big ole fat plane and I can turn and loop and blah blah I'm like a butterfly!' Hate them!
  • Yak - No idea why I have it out for them but I think I just dislike the name. Or someone drove me up a wall one night and now I have this desire to hunt them down when I see them.

Just two for me. I'm not including the planes the are used a lot to HO or BnZ and runaway. To me its a certain plane that I see and will skip and easy kill (or what looks like one) and I rather go after these two.

My question does anyone else have it out for a specific plane? Just can't stand it? Why? (Outside of the typical HOtard and BnZ run away people)

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
Re: Personal Vendetta - Specific Planes
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 04:24:54 AM »
109K-4. Because 109 is the main enemy of a Spitfire and a K-4 because it is the 109 equivalent of a Spit14. Another reason why I love shooting them down is because they give me the most trouble.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 04:26:01 AM »
Brewster

Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Hannibal

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 04:30:27 AM »
P51

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 04:30:45 AM »
Brewster

The good thing about the Brewster is that you can just ignore them and they'll never catch you. Don't even have to run, just cruise to your original destination looking for less annoying targets.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 04:34:28 AM »
If you concentrate on things the way you say... your going to killed going for the F6F who might not be as dangerous as one of the other planes. Determine first which one is most dangerous to you and kill him first unless the situation dictates otherwise (like goon killing).

Personally I could care less if a base gets taken. Three lanc kills are worth more to me than a base but if I can kill the goon and still get three lancs...

That said:

262s are always saying "hey look at me!" Shoot them. HO them. Whatever shot you have. They deserve it. No exceptions.

Bombers that get "gamey" and try to warp their drones into a collision... they have to die. Warping drones suck. Its like bombing the indestructible to mask manned acks. You do that you deserve whats coming. It should be an arena rule to pig pile warping drone pilots. No exceptions.

Spit 14s because aside from my wingman no one knows what they are doing in a Spit14 and they deserve to ride a wingless plane down. No exceptions.

If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 04:37:14 AM »
Spit 14s because aside from my wingman no one knows what they are doing in a Spit14 and they deserve to ride a wingless plane down.

:noid
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 04:40:19 AM by MachFly »
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 04:40:13 AM »
Tempest....why they oughta know better than to up a tempest....shakes fist!
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline LATAMER

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 04:55:51 AM »
The situation does matter and I won't chase a F6F that is 5k away when I have lower cons near me that could take me out. If I had a choice between an F6F, Pony or 190 I'm going after that F6F most likely. Not like I fly around hunting them and them alone.

Brewsters - flying weedwacker with guns. Bzzz Bzzz Bzzz - lol.

262s are always saying "hey look at me!" Shoot them. HO them. Whatever shot you have. They deserve it. No exceptions.

I like that!

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2012, 04:58:12 AM »
P-51Ds because they are by far the most common fighter in the MA, yet the plane whiners persistently give it a free pass.  Also it is worth gobs of perks when you're in a Mossie.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 05:14:59 AM »
n1k's...they have got to stop point and spray...

spit16's have to stop maintaining 450mph also
now posting as SirNuke

Offline MAINER

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 05:21:29 AM »
Tempests and P-51s, and in the WWI arena DR1's
Are those our bombers?-famous last words

Member of the congregation of The church of David Wales

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 06:34:17 AM »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2012, 07:29:14 AM »
The good thing about the Brewster is that you can just ignore them and they'll never catch you. Don't even have to run, just cruise to your original destination looking for less annoying targets.
Sound advice unless you're fighting other planes. 

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2012, 07:44:48 AM »
I hate, loath, and despise 109K4s with every fiber of my existance.
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey