Author Topic: Personal Vendetta - Specific Planes  (Read 3459 times)

Offline Seanaldinho

• Silver Member
Re: Personal Vendetta - Specific Planes
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2012, 02:46:52 PM »
Which ever one has the lowest ENY.

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2012, 07:07:25 PM »
Reaper, no offence, but the only time I remember running into you in the MA, you ran from me in a mossie to your friends then ganged me 4v1. So the only thing I see here is you projecting your own behavior.... food for though.

Well Ardy/Bunnies, no offense taken. See, here's the thing: I don't deny ever having dived in on a con that was already engaged, and yeh if I see a friendly or two fighting a K4, HECK YEH I'm going to jump in and take a shot or two and help kill the K4, cause I freakin hate them, the uber vertical freaks that they are. But if you knew me or ever had flown around/with me, which you obviously haven't, you'd know that for every one of those that I jump in on there are 15 or 20 that I see and just keep on flying. I refuse to dive in on even a 1v1 unless the friendly is actively calling for help, and I ALWAYS ask is someone needs help and let 'em know I'm staying out unless they call me.

And I ran from your K4 in my Mossie....... seriously, should I have stayed and fought? If I ran it was probably because I wasn't stupid....there are but a few people in this game that cannot be killed quickly in a Mossie by a 2-week n00b in a co-alt, co-e K4. Sure I ran, if I was in a Mossie, and I'm sure I did turn to help put an end to your miseable K4 as right punishment for you flying a K4 and trying to cherry the easy-kill Mossie.  :)

Otherwise, if the plane match-up would have been a bit more "sporting," I'd have fought you, and died, but at least I'd have had a small chance to put up a fight. A few of your squaddies will vouch for the fact that I'm not one bit afraid to throw a Typhoon into a stallfight with K4's, Ki84's, etc... and I die waaaaay more than I live, but it's fun. I'm not giving you that easy kill in a plane where I have less than 1% chance, though, that ain't gettin me my $14.95 worth. Sorry.  :)

Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2012, 07:23:03 PM »
Co-e co-alt with 2 weekers at the sticks, the mossie probably has the better chances. It turns tighter, and thats what a lot of noobs seem to like to do.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2012, 07:24:15 PM »
Any stupid bloody 109, of about 10 sorties in B-17s, there were about 6 that were ended by 109s. :uhoh

Bombers? I know no fear when I go up against bombers :devil :D

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2012, 07:25:22 PM »
Co-e co-alt with 2 weekers at the sticks, the mossie probably has the better chances. It turns tighter, and thats what a lot of noobs seem to like to do.

It gets plenty vertical as well...just saying, lol
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2012, 09:58:43 PM »
A two weeker in a Bf109K-4 against a decent guy in the Mossie VI and the Bf109K-4 is pretty screwed.  I do think the Bf109 out turns the Mossie slightly, but it doesn't take a lot to over come that, particularly against a two weeker.

Too many people just give up and die when they are in a heavy fighter against point defense fighter, they think the performance gulf between the two is a lot larger than it is.  My last kill on a Spit XVI was in a turn and I still pulled it in on his tail and erased him.  I pretty much suck these days, though I used to be pretty decent.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2012, 11:13:21 PM »
I think you're right for most 109's, but I think the mossie turns a bit better than the 109K. Not entirely sure though.

And a two weeker in a K4 against a mediocre guy in the mossie VI is probably screwed. But the point is that its not an inherent virtue of the Mossquito that dooms the two-weeker. His being a two-weeker flying an aircraft that, by the nature of his status, he has almost zero expierence in with is what dooms him.

And I do agree about the "well I'm screwed, just gonna give it up" mentality. Last kill in a 110 I made was with full bombs and 50% fuel on a spit. Hell, I've even survived a 3v1 in a stuka.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2012, 11:29:38 PM »
Don't know that I have any vendettas.

I like to run into 109s, Spits, N1Ks, Ki-84s as the majority of the time those guys will stay in and fight.  There is a core group of 109 guys who only stay high and pick but that's not the majority of them. 

Generally Mustangs and Corsairs are above and I spend most of my time in matador mode trying to make them miss as they roar in and then back out so it isn't as much fun.  Corsairs will eventually start turning if I can hold em off long enough.  Most Mustangs outside of a few leave after a couple missed passes.

In Furballs I don't much care for Hurri's and Brews as in a slow fight their advantages are magnified and the Hurri IIC with those cannons seems to have more clout then I'd like it too.  But then again it's my fault for getting low and slow all the time.

I suppose in the end, it's the guys who show up over a furball in 262s that I tend to loath.  That just seems lazy to me, and more about ruining the fight below then anything else.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2012, 11:33:25 PM »
I suppose in the end, it's the guys who show up over a furball in 262s that I tend to loath.  That just seems lazy to me, and more about ruining the fight below then anything else.
That is why I will do anything I can to kill an Me262.  Bagged another tonight, though I had to HO him.  No idea why the Me262 driver consented to do an HO with a Mossie.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2012, 11:36:13 PM »
I suppose in the end, it's the guys who show up over a furball in 262s that I tend to loath.  That just seems lazy to me, and more about ruining the fight below then anything else.

It really depends Guppy, in a furball I will always take a higher ENY aircraft - flat out horde? I will bring out a 262 and down as many as I can.

I much rather fly something ancient and die with dignity then have to bring a 262 because I can't get a fair fight...
JG 52

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2012, 03:45:05 AM »
Whatever the current "easymode" aircraft is.  Nothing to do with the plane in particular... it's more about the people who fly them and their "path of least resistance" way of thinking.  There have been a few over the years.  For the longest time the Spit9 ruled the day (only because the V would compress easily).  The La7 and CHog had their turn.  The Nik.  The Spit16 had a firm grip and is still trying to hang on.  Today though, the K-4 rules.  An aircraft that can go vertical from a near stall... riiiiiight.

so pretty much every plane then  :lol....I can BS on he spit9, the spitV was always the preferred ride until it got "adjusted"
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2012, 10:09:23 AM »
A two weeker in a Bf109K-4 against a decent guy in the Mossie VI and the Bf109K-4 is pretty screwed.  I do think the Bf109 out turns the Mossie slightly, but it doesn't take a lot to over come that, particularly against a two weeker.

Too many people just give up and die when they are in a heavy fighter against point defense fighter, they think the performance gulf between the two is a lot larger than it is.  My last kill on a Spit XVI was in a turn and I still pulled it in on his tail and erased him.  I pretty much suck these days, though I used to be pretty decent.

OK, maybe saying "2 week n00b" was a bit of a stretch, but point is still that a mossie vs anyone in a K4 that has or has ever been in close proximity to a clue about flaps and throttle, the mossie is going bye-bye.
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2012, 10:12:31 AM »
OK, maybe saying "2 week n00b" was a bit of a stretch, but point is still that a mossie vs anyone in a K4 that has or has ever been in close proximity to a clue about flaps and throttle, the mossie is going bye-bye.
As I said, people give up too fast.  The only reason that I lost the last such fight I was in was because I was blowing energy dodging Mr. Bf109K-4's Fw190D-9 buddy at the same time.  Almost got the K-4 despite that.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2012, 10:49:16 AM »
Just curious, if you'll ever meet someone who flew a Spitfire in the BoB is that what your going to tell them?
He's a classic luftwhiner

Trying, but its really kind of hit me that I have less than 11 months before I'm an adult, and a bit under a year before I really need to get my arse in gear for college. I've actually opted not to play lately so I can put the money towards a new car (engine in my old one blew up, and the lack is making both a part time job and school rather ackward to balance).
:rofl :rofl
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2012, 10:52:09 AM »
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ