Author Topic: CV command bug / exploit  (Read 563 times)

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
CV command bug / exploit
« on: February 12, 2012, 02:11:23 PM »
This was posted in general, but probably should have been posted over here.  Apparently it is possible to retain command of a CV when you jump to another country. 

Knight CV 105 approaches bish base - vDallas in Command:

vDallas is a bish at the time:

Offline Fish42

• AvA Staff Member
  • Silver Member
Re: CV command bug / exploit
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 06:11:08 AM »
This is a bug exploit... email sent to Hitech with screenshots
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 06:40:46 AM by Fish42 »

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 02:23:19 PM »
That is not all.  Most likely around the same time, I joined a FB mission (Knights) and tuned to mission channel.  There I saw vDallas' name in red as if AFK in the channel menu list.  I was a little confused at this so I checked and yes he was listed as Bishop at that time.  I gave it a chuckle and typed it out on country channel, "LOL, vDallas is on mission channel".  I got no response, and FB used another vox channel.

I am in no way thinking of accusing vDallas of abuse.  I hope that it was just one of those server sorting glitches or whatever the technical term used, like when you get a kill in the tower when you first log on.

I would even go as far as to say that if Dallas did knowingly abuse the glitch, he would own up to it.  (And no, I am not a vDallas fanboy.  Anyhow, I feel certain that HTC has a handle on any such issues).

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 06:56:02 PM »
That is not all.  Most likely around the same time, I joined a FB mission (Knights) and tuned to mission channel.  There I saw vDallas' name in red as if AFK in the channel menu list.  I was a little confused at this so I checked and yes he was listed as Bishop at that time.  I gave it a chuckle and typed it out on country channel, "LOL, vDallas is on mission channel".  I got no response, and FB used another vox channel.

Just be clear, you weren't using a channel in the 200-299 range were you?  Those channels are tunable across different countries, anyone can use them and communicate regardless of the country affiliation.  Channels 100-199 are country specific, ie you must be logged in on the same country to hear or see what's going on.

80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 11:16:55 AM »
Soulyss,

No sir, it was the mission channel.  When you join a mission, and select the mission option for vox, not a numerical channel.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 11:18:06 AM »
Roger dodger, just wanted to ask as it has happened before when squads were using public channels and thought they were private. :)
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 06:39:42 PM »
Thanks HT for fixing this in the latest patch.