Author Topic: Walking Dead Resumes tonight  (Read 7943 times)

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
Re: Walking Dead Resumes tonight
« Reply #120 on: February 26, 2012, 11:19:45 PM »
BTW: Nice shotgun PFactorDave .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: February 27, 2012, 12:58:43 AM »
You have to figure that a lot of these issues that they touch upon would surface if this were a real situation, even if they seem a bit soapy.

Exactly. You cant have the entire show be nothing but killing zombies and looking for food. For one it would get boring as hell. For the second. Is exactly how you say. All kinds of twist turns power struggles and soap opera type stuff would take place considering the whole world is turned upside down.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #122 on: February 27, 2012, 07:29:44 AM »
I seriously thought Shane was done in that bus.  I thought Rick was gonna use him the same way he used Otis.  :x

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: February 27, 2012, 07:49:27 AM »
I seriously thought Shane was done in that bus.  I thought Rick was gonna use him the same way he used Otis.  :x
My daughter and I were discussing the bus. Couple things he could have done even without Rick.
Offed them one by one just as he did the first two.
Secondly he could have let them in escaping out the back as he did only delaying long enough for them to all get in the bus before jumping out the back and slamming the door shut behind him. Considering there isnt much room between the two seats for more then one person at a time it would have taken a while for them to get turned around and back out the front.

One thing Im curious about. Inasmuch as the walkers dont seem to be the speediest of creaures. Seems they can trot but not outright run. Why is it so hard to simply sprint away from them?

Hell even I can run faster then that. LOL
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #124 on: February 27, 2012, 08:02:42 AM »
My daughter and I were discussing the bus. Couple things he could have done even without Rick.
Offed them one by one just as he did the first two.
Secondly he could have let them in escaping out the back as he did only delaying long enough for them to all get in the bus before jumping out the back and slamming the door shut behind him. Considering there isnt much room between the two seats for more then one person at a time it would have taken a while for them to get turned around and back out the front.

One thing Im curious about. Inasmuch as the walkers dont seem to be the speediest of creaures. Seems they can trot but not outright run. Why is it so hard to simply sprint away from them?

Hell even I can run faster then that. LOL

I thought his knife got stuck in the second one and he lost it?  Could be wrong.  I was kinda tired.

In either case, I was pretty sure he wasn't leaving him for good.  I like the kid driving with his neck duct taped to the seat, though  :devil

As far as the running, they aren't fast, but I would imagine they have unlimited stamina.  A bit like the tortoise and the hare scenario...
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #125 on: February 27, 2012, 08:25:20 AM »
I thought his knife got stuck in the second one and he lost it?  Could be wrong.  I was kinda tired.

In either case, I was pretty sure he wasn't leaving him for good.  I like the kid driving with his neck duct taped to the seat, though  :devil

As far as the running, they aren't fast, but I would imagine they have unlimited stamina.  A bit like the tortoise and the hare scenario...

Ya im pretty sure he lost the knife, but yeah he wasnt completely out of options.

Do any of yall watch "Talking Dead"?  What did yall think about the question of whether or not Shane is infected now because he used the same knife to cut his hand that he used to kill the second cop walker through the fence?

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #126 on: February 27, 2012, 08:36:55 AM »
Ya im pretty sure he lost the knife, but yeah he wasnt completely out of options.

Do any of yall watch "Talking Dead"?  What did yall think about the question of whether or not Shane is infected now because he used the same knife to cut his hand that he used to kill the second cop walker through the fence?

Wondered that myself.

It should be interesting...

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #127 on: February 27, 2012, 08:45:34 AM »
The zombies have unlimited stamina meaning that they never run out of air like you would when running and Shane did lose the knife on that last zombie he stabbed in the head .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #128 on: February 27, 2012, 09:28:47 AM »
I thought Rick was going to leave Shane, and we were to assume he died. Only for him to show up a couple of episodes later and create drama with the group or show up as a leader of a rival group.

I am still waiting for Daryl's long lost brother to show up as an antagonist (The General?)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #129 on: February 27, 2012, 10:34:55 AM »
It seemed like last night's episode opened up the transmission of the disease window pretty wide. In several of the earlier shows the survivors were more than a little contaminated by walker juice. When you have the stuff all over you, how the heck are you going to avoid getting the "bug".

I think the knife to the head bit is a bit over done. Unless the skull is somehow turned to wet cardboard, punching through the forehead with a folding pocket knife is gonna be rather difficult. IN order to save ammo they need tom larger bladed weapons. A nice sword would be far better for dispatching the solo walker at far less hazard to the survivor. Even if you don't have a head shot right away, take an arm and or a leg off and slow the bugger down.

I did like the "speed bump" zombie. Seems a couple decent moderate sized trucks could reduce the zombie count in a fast and safe manner. Squish them and go back with an axe or sword to finish the less squashed ones.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #130 on: February 27, 2012, 10:51:01 AM »
It seemed like last night's episode opened up the transmission of the disease window pretty wide. In several of the earlier shows the survivors were more than a little contaminated by walker juice. When you have the stuff all over you, how the heck are you going to avoid getting the "bug".

I think the knife to the head bit is a bit over done. Unless the skull is somehow turned to wet cardboard, punching through the forehead with a folding pocket knife is gonna be rather difficult. IN order to save ammo they need tom larger bladed weapons. A nice sword would be far better for dispatching the solo walker at far less hazard to the survivor. Even if you don't have a head shot right away, take an arm and or a leg off and slow the bugger down.

I did like the "speed bump" zombie. Seems a couple decent moderate sized trucks could reduce the zombie count in a fast and safe manner. Squish them and go back with an axe or sword to finish the less squashed ones.

Taking a zombie ride would shorten the show. lol
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #131 on: February 27, 2012, 12:11:48 PM »
I believe that according to the rules of the show, a person must be bitten by a zombie to become infected.  I know it doesn't necessarily make sense but that's the way I understand it.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #132 on: February 27, 2012, 12:20:04 PM »
I believe that according to the rules of the show, a person must be bitten by a zombie to become infected.  I know it doesn't necessarily make sense but that's the way I understand it.

The prison guards had no visible bite marks, only scratches, hence the mystery.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #133 on: February 27, 2012, 12:32:25 PM »

The two corpses Rick took guns and ammo off of?  I assumed they chose suicide since they weren't walking.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #134 on: February 27, 2012, 12:35:28 PM »

I assumed they chose suicide, since they weren't walking.