Author Topic: WTFG Tanner Brock!  (Read 809 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
WTFG Tanner Brock!
« on: February 15, 2012, 08:07:34 PM »
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/sns-rt-us-crime-drugs-tcutre81f02g-20120215,0,7705613.story

You have hurt your chances of being Drafted, if and when you decide to turn Pro.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
Re: WTFG Tanner Brock!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 08:37:11 PM »
Hurt their chances? They would fit right it.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 08:58:39 PM »
Frankly, I don't understand the war on marijuana. Most of you may never believe this, but I have never tried it, not even once but even I don't understand the way they criminalize it.

It may be illegal, but I consider any kind of beef with marijuana a joke unless they were selling it to minors.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 09:12:06 PM »
from what I've read / heard on the radio there was more than marij involved. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 09:16:32 PM »
Yes, but not from the football player mentioned by the OP. The rest that were selling prescription drugs, cocaine, and ecstasy I have no sympathy for .
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 10:01:54 PM »
Yes, but not from the football player mentioned by the OP. The rest that were selling prescription drugs, cocaine, and ecstasy I have no sympathy for .

Huh?   He sold Marijuana to Officers.   An "All-American".......
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline jeep00

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 07:33:35 AM »
Huh?   He sold Marijuana to Officers.   An "All-American".......

An "All American" at a Christian school even  :rofl

As to pot, agreed on the criminalization. If alcohol is legal enough, move pot into the same category. People can kill their brains just as much with alcohol as they can with pot. Can't say other drugs should be in this category, but pot certainly could. I do not, however, condone it. I have done it, plenty, in my past. I chose it over beer in high school. I have seen from the inside and the outside what it can do to you and your life, the same as what alcohol can. In moderation, and at a set legal age, both of these could be treated the same.

Bob

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 07:36:40 AM »
I am not arguing his character, I wouldn't sell any kind of illegal substance. All I am saying is I consider any charge consisting of cannabis to be a low level beef. I wouldn't view it the same if he was selling it to minors.

Again, I have never even tried it but from what I've seen marijuana is far less dangerous to society than alcohol is and should be legalized but taxed like alcohol.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 07:43:46 AM »

Again, I have never even tried it but from what I've seen marijuana is far less dangerous to society than alcohol is and should be legalized but taxed like alcohol.

Alcohol and Tobacco lobbyist will never let that happen.

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 07:49:48 AM »
Huh?   He sold Marijuana to Officers.   An "All-American".......

Definitely "All American". Flouting prohibition is American tradition.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 09:58:28 AM »
Alcohol and Tobacco lobbyist will never let that happen.

You're damn Skippy they won't.     :bhead
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 12:26:54 PM »
Americans used to have the freedom to use any drug they wanted to.  Because the US was founded as a place to have freedom.  Nearly every drug that has been banned and criminalized was banned on the basis of racism, as a way of keeping different demographics under control.  Later on it was still used as a way to control particular demographics as well as keeping law enforcement and corrections busy.

Cannabis was banned because it was popular with Mexican immigrants.

Opium and its derivatives were banned because it was popular with Chinese immigrants.

Cocaine was banned over an irrational fear of ***-crazed ****** although it was still legal when used as an ingredient in patent medicines.

LSD and magic mushrooms were banned because they were used by Nixon's enemies.  This was J. Edgar Hoover's idea as he wanted more power and funding for himself and his organization.

Extacy (MDMA) was a spoil of war from WW1 (invented by Merck of Germany) and popularized a few decades ago by marriage counselors in Texas before becoming popular at night clubs.  Studies were done on it using methamphetamine instead of MDMA to get it banned, now those studies have all been retracted from all of the scientific journals they were published in due to blatant fraud.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2012, 01:29:57 PM »
Americans used to have the freedom to use any drug they wanted to.  Because the US was founded as a place to have freedom.  Nearly every drug that has been banned and criminalized was banned on the basis of racism, as a way of keeping different demographics under control.  Later on it was still used as a way to control particular demographics as well as keeping law enforcement and corrections busy.

Cannabis was banned because it was popular with Mexican immigrants.

Opium and its derivatives were banned because it was popular with Chinese immigrants.

Cocaine was banned over an irrational fear of ***-crazed ****** although it was still legal when used as an ingredient in patent medicines.

LSD and magic mushrooms were banned because they were used by Nixon's enemies.  This was J. Edgar Hoover's idea as he wanted more power and funding for himself and his organization.

Extacy (MDMA) was a spoil of war from WW1 (invented by Merck of Germany) and popularized a few decades ago by marriage counselors in Texas before becoming popular at night clubs.  Studies were done on it using methamphetamine instead of MDMA to get it banned, now those studies have all been retracted from all of the scientific journals they were published in due to blatant fraud.

lol Best way to keep certain races under control is to let them od and shoot eachother. The fact of the matter is that rules are required. Has nothing to do with race. If all drugs being legal only affected the druggies then that would be fine. Unfortunately for the druggies their dependence also affects those around them and even those that they may never meet. The race card fails again in this arguement.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2012, 10:25:21 PM »
lol Best way to keep certain races under control is to let them od and shoot eachother. The fact of the matter is that rules are required. Has nothing to do with race. If all drugs being legal only affected the druggies then that would be fine. Unfortunately for the druggies their dependence also affects those around them and even those that they may never meet. The race card fails again in this arguement.
Marijuana users have no negative effect on the people around them and yet it's still illegal. The fact that we call cannabis marijuana is proof enough the government used race to get it illegal. If the government cared about public safety would we have a substance more addictive than heroin legal?
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2012, 10:51:52 PM »

It's always been illegal to infringe upon the rights of others in terms of crimes relating to property and violence.  The fact that someone is a junky isn't an excuse or a valid reason to infringe upon the rights of anyone else. 

A lot of European and Asian countries have banned guns and things with blades using exactly the same reasoning you just spelled out.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 10:55:09 PM by Rob52240 »
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.