Author Topic: I'm alive!  (Read 4811 times)

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
Re: I'm alive!
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2012, 11:10:47 PM »
Why was the gear handle hot enough to burn you?

No idea. We'll find out tomorrow though.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2012, 11:11:57 PM »
Thank god you land safely, and way to go on keeping your cool.  All them years of play AH must have paid off.   :salute
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2012, 11:53:49 PM »
Inb4 golfer tells him that it was preventable and/or his fault.
Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2012, 12:03:12 AM »
Hehehe, thats a story to tell the grand kids!

Glad your safe.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2012, 12:19:06 AM »
Why would hydraulic fluid cause smoke?
Probably has something to do with the reason why the gear lever was hot. Did the problem originate with the hydraulic fluid or did something else break and cause the leak?
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2012, 12:20:16 AM »
Inb4 golfer tells him that it was preventable and/or his fault.

Oh yeah.  :rofl
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2012, 12:20:34 AM »
Why would hydraulic fluid cause smoke?
Probably has something to do with the reason why the gear lever war hot. Did the problem originate with the hydraulic fluid or did something else break and cause the leak?

No idea. I'll be back out at the airport tomorrow with my mechanic helping find out/fix whatever the problem is.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2012, 12:22:35 AM »
No idea. I'll be back out at the airport tomorrow with my mechanic helping find out/fix whatever the problem is.

Roger.
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2012, 12:29:36 AM »
Thank god you land safely, and way to go on keeping your cool.  All them years of play AH must have paid off.   :salute
I agree. You did a fantastic job of working a solution to the problem. I can't help but think the 1000's of hours of AH under your belt came into play when you had a real life emergency.

That and lots of adrenaline. :salute
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2012, 12:36:27 AM »
 :)

hurrah! for a safe landing  :)

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2012, 12:58:42 AM »
Well done Pac.  Glad ya came out ok.  You have your first official emergency in the books.  As they say...  Experience is the best teacher.

:aok
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2012, 01:14:54 AM »
I found me on liveatc....a friend is going to splice the feeds together so I have a record of this for posterity.

Well done Pac.  Glad ya came out ok.  You have your first official emergency in the books.  As they say...  Experience is the best teacher.

:aok

I took a handful out of my luck bag and put it in my experience bag tonight, that is for sure.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2012, 01:58:15 AM »
I found me on liveatc....a friend is going to splice the feeds together so I have a record of this for posterity.

Send me a copy.  :)
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline deSelys

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2012, 02:13:14 AM »
WTG keeping a cool head!  :aok
Current ID: Romanov

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

'I AM DID NOTHING WRONG' - Famous last forum words by legoman

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2012, 02:21:53 AM »
All that wet stuff on the side is hydraulic fluid
Would have been a lot more wet stuff than that if it were me. Solid work, glad you're safe.