Author Topic: Small Request  (Read 527 times)

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
Small Request
« on: February 21, 2012, 02:58:18 PM »
Guys,

The other night there was an event between me and another.  It basically came down to me not flying in a manner one gentlemen thought I should.  Trash talk is one thing but this got down right cruel.  Nasty.  Ugly.  I am way guilty of being silly and teasing folks but feel all you guys are ultimately my brothers.  If I met any of you on the street I'd be ecstatic to talk with you.  Especially you long timers.  

We are in finite company of guys\gals that are really taken with WWII flight combat and have been lucky enough to have found a game of this quality.

Guys.  Trash talk OK.  Lets not be nasty or cruel to each other though.

Respectfully,

Slade   :salute
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 03:01:14 PM by Slade »
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Trukk

• Nickel Member
Re: Small Request
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 03:12:27 PM »
.squelch... Use it liberally.
I also don't tune 200.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 03:21:19 PM »
It is the internet, and as such John Gabriel's Greater Internet F-wad Theory is in full effect.  It is the way of things.  .squelch, .report if it's against the rules.  I don't think twice about squelching when things hit me wrong and it improves my experience with the game substantially.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 03:28:22 PM »

I generally only <S> or congratulate on 200, any trash talk towards me gets ignored.  Turn focus to next flight and relax.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 03:31:47 PM »
One has to ask this question to ones self....would you trash talk to a persons face in real life? if not then why do it here, personaly i was raised to treat people how i would want to be treated.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 03:38:16 PM »
I think you guys are right.  No where is good sportmanship guaranteed.  We can hope though!  :)

I really would like to have a list of folks we could squelch.  I know AH don't like the idea but how about say for just 3-6 tops.  Once they start spewing nasty stuff the damage is done.

Does someone have to be online to squelch them?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 03:47:15 PM by Slade »
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 03:50:20 PM »
 :noid Was it me?  :noid I know your talking about me!  :noid Its gotta be me!  :noid Maybe its someone else.  :noid No way, It is me......hahahahaha I knew it!  :noid
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline Orbitson

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 03:54:22 PM »
what's 200?   :neener:
Syd*****Flying with The Floyd
By the way which one is Pink?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 04:19:55 PM »
Guys,

The other night there was an event between me and another.  It basically came down to me not flying in a manner one gentlemen thought I should.  Trash talk is one thing but this got down right cruel.  Nasty.  Ugly.  I am way guilty of being silly and teasing folks but feel all you guys are ultimately my brothers.  If I met any of you on the street I'd be ecstatic to talk with you.  Especially you long timers.  

We are in finite company of guys\gals that are really taken with WWII flight combat and have been lucky enough to have found a game of this quality.

Guys.  Trash talk OK.  Lets not be nasty or cruel to each other though.

Respectfully,

Slade   :salute

OH SHUT UP    :neener:    :rofl

Your right as rain on this one Slade!  :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 04:25:25 PM »
Zack1234 sent me some insulting PM's today after two successful attacks, I won't go into the manner of both kills but to say I'm doubly poo because Zack himself is Poo at flying is absurd.

I ask that he apologises at once for his un-gentlemanly conduct or I demand to speak with his superiors at the GFC!
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 04:37:10 PM »
Channel 200 is the text in the buffer that everyone can read, regardless of which country they are in.

When a guy starts dropping F-bombs on vox/range or if they talk too much, right click on their name in the roster and select voice squeelch and
you don't have to hear them anymore. No one is offended and game play goes on.

If someone kills me in my tank or pt boat, I usually give 'em a <S> while I'm driving back out to the action. In the WWI arena you can give 'em a <S>
after you kill them or they get  you, but in the main, it is probably better to give them a <S> if they kill you. A little sportsmanship
goes a long way.

:salute
Mano
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 04:43:27 PM by Mano »
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 05:29:25 PM »
One has to ask this question to ones self....would you trash talk to a persons face in real life? if not then why do it here, personaly i was raised to treat people how i would want to be treated.

There is trash talk, and then there is the crap that is spewed in the main arena at times. Many a time I remember shooting pool and having some fun at my opponents expense, but most of us playing pool are friends as it is.

In this game many players are thought of as friends even if we never meet them in real life. The difference is in real life at the pool hall you have to have a bit of class and "honor" and respect because if you don't you find your self in the gutter all beat to h@ll. In the game your dealing with people and how "they" want to be perceived. All of these little "persona's". I wish the bouncers in the game (MODS) had a bit more power to handle things when people go over board.

200 can be fun and very funny. It's too bad it has to be spoiled by some who think a bit to highly of themselves.

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2012, 06:00:41 PM »