Author Topic: Wright R-1820-G5 Engine  (Read 14888 times)

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
Re: Wright R-1820-G5 Engine
« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2012, 12:40:22 PM »
You posted #113a on page 4 of some document.

I'm not going to pay my money to get your answers.

You have already pointed out for us the the R-1840-G runs at 1000hp forever and is in need of a mil limit of 5 mins

Thanks,

When you post such utter nonsense that you did, of course people ask for sources. Well I know you don't have any because you basically made up everything you posted anyway. :) I already posted the source in the Boomerang thread but I'll repeat it: Brewster Aeronautical Corporation Report 350: Detail Specification for Model 239 Airplane Class VF

You don't have to pay me anything, but when you claim that G-5 only could put out 850hp you need to post a source. It is very simple. You don't have to provide me any documents, just cite one. All you did was typed "R-1820G-5" into google and hit enter. You foulnd some vague describtions from couple web sites and as you know they aren't any good against a primary source from the manufacturer. You simply keep dodging and avoiding the issue because you have no sources to support your claim.

Regarding the 5min limit, it is funny how this seems to be some kind of surprise to people since A6M5b and Yak-9U have been modelled similarly to Brewster for over 10 years already. There's nothing wrong with the way the power limits for the Brewster are modelled as they are completely inline with the planes modelled before the Brewster.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2012, 01:10:00 PM »
Gentlemen, this is really a silly argument...

Virtually every aircraft in this game has a recommended limit on MIL/Takeoff power. For example, real P-38s were restricted to 15 minutes max at MIL power. Aces High has no such restriction. You can find similar restrictions on every U.S. aircraft. Both Yaks can fly around at max power until the fuel is exhausted. Is that truly realistic? No. None of these restrictions are applied in the game. Why? Because the emphasis is not on systems management. The emphasis is on game play. So, you want more realistic systems management? There's other games that provide that, at the expense of game play and usually accompanied by piss-poor flight physics. Then again, in combat, a pilot will push everything forward and not even think about it until the danger is passed. Recommended time restrictions be damned.

Moreover, I don't understand why there is so much angst about the Brewster. Even without MIL power time limits, it's still among the slowest fighters in the game (if not THE slowest). If you're getting getting your butt kicked by Brewsters on a regular basis, a little introspective thinking is in order rather than whining about further limiting a bog-slow aircraft even more. In short, maybe you make poor decisions. Maybe your SA simply sucks. Maybe you lack the basic skills needed to avoid being eaten up by slow, but maneuverable aircraft. Whatever the reason, Unless HTC reviews every aircraft and adds more complication to engine management, what you see is what you will continue to get. I doubt that HTC will change this for the reasons I defined earlier.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 01:11:55 PM by Widewing »
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2012, 01:12:03 PM »
When you post such utter nonsense that you did, of course people ask for sources. Well I know you don't have any because you basically made up everything you posted anyway. :) I already posted the source in the Boomerang thread but I'll repeat it: Brewster Aeronautical Corporation Report 350: Detail Specification for Model 239 Airplane Class VF

You don't have to pay me anything, but when you claim that G-5 only could put out 850hp you need to post a source. It is very simple. You don't have to provide me any documents, just cite one. All you did was typed "R-1820G-5" into google and hit enter. You foulnd some vague describtions from couple web sites and as you know they aren't any good against a primary source from the manufacturer. You simply keep dodging and avoiding the issue because you have no sources to support your claim.

Regarding the 5min limit, it is funny how this seems to be some kind of surprise to people since A6M5b and Yak-9U have been modelled similarly to Brewster for over 10 years already. There's nothing wrong with the way the power limits for the Brewster are modelled as they are completely inline with the planes modelled before the Brewster.

Like I said there are 640 documents on the R-1820 Engine you will need to join to see them it costs 12 bucks.
Figure out how to use the web site.
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: February 29, 2012, 10:23:06 AM »
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 10:32:08 AM by Megalodon »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #79 on: February 29, 2012, 11:00:43 AM »
Heh, Megalodon, with all your googling you couldn't find it on your own. :)

Anyways...

"Military model R-1820-22 is identical to model GR-1820G-5."
(Link: http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgMakeModel.nsf/0/9d8387f8163ad7d98525670e0065ae06/$FILE/ATTZCGXO/TC154.pdf)

...versus...

its still a POS engine not meant to fly combat, made for civil flight, but it seemingly is the best thing since sliced bread and can hold its E in a uturn and catch a p-47 at going bye it at 400mph

LOL. :)

5 minutes max,

Megalodon,

As already been covered, it is the way power setting are modelled in general in AH. No amount of your boo hissing and leg stomping is going to change that. :)
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: February 29, 2012, 11:06:03 AM »
Heh, Megalodon, with all your googling you couldn't find it on your own. :)

Anyways...

"Military model R-1820-22 is identical to model GR-1820G-5."
(Link: http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgMakeModel.nsf/0/9d8387f8163ad7d98525670e0065ae06/$FILE/ATTZCGXO/TC154.pdf)

...versus...

LOL. :)

Megalodon,

As already been covered, it is the way power setting are modelled in general in AH. No amount of your boo hissing and leg stomping is going to change that. :)

let me help you

http://www.enginehistory.org/narasc/allorgs_form.php

type in 1820 in the top line expand search to 800 hit search button   :cheers:

Cad,

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #81 on: February 29, 2012, 11:49:46 AM »
let me help you

http://www.enginehistory.org/narasc/allorgs_form.php

type in 1820 in the top line expand search to 800 hit search button   :cheers:

Cad,

What does those documents have to do with anything. If you want to tell us something type it out and mention the source (the name of the document) that particular fact is from. Initially you claimed that G-5 is a 850hp engine and you still haven't provided any documentation which states so. And now, as I post the FAA spec sheet, you keep saying that the take off power (1000hp) had a 5 min limit, so are you admitting that G-5 produces 1000hp? As far as lack of take off limitations goes in AH, that applies for many many planes in the sim.

I must say that watching you grasping to straws for time and time again is pretty entertaining though. :)
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2012, 02:04:47 AM »
I've been reading this thread since it started, and I have to say, its mind numbing to see you guys argue over this.  Its obvious Mega isn't going to change his mind WMaker, so why even bother?  Regardless of how right you are...  Somebody have that "kicking a dead horse" picture to cap this off?  Then maybe Skuzzy can lock it.
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2012, 03:21:07 AM »
Its obvious Mega isn't going to change his mind WMaker, so why even bother?  Regardless of how right you are...

You are right and yep, I should have stopped a while ago. The reason I'm doing it is to try to give some correct info on the matter so that it would be easy for a casual reader to see what is true and correct and what is BS. This board as the world, as unfortunate as it may be, is famous for the fact that if one screams loud and long enough about something or claim something it has a habit of becoming an accepted fact no mateer how big utter BS it is.

I understand how it may look a futile waste of time for someone like you who's "gotten" right away, and it probably is aswell. :)
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: March 01, 2012, 05:06:18 AM »
 :rolleyes:
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Wmaker