Author Topic: arena switching times  (Read 283 times)

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
arena switching times
« on: February 26, 2012, 11:22:29 AM »
What is the resone for the change . Some one PLEASE tell me WHY ? 12 hour's is way to long . I hate to even join back up knowing I got to wait 12 hour's to change country's . Two hour's even seems like over kill to me so some one please tell me what the deal ? I see why most of the squad has gone bf3 . If I can't change to where my squad is I mite as well go play something else .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
Re: arena switching times
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 12:43:14 PM »

(looks around for a dead horse)

For the record.... I think it needs to be 24hrs or longer.

Cav
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 01:23:51 PM »
I have not seen a thread that tell's us why . Point me to the thread . If it's a dead horse .

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 02:11:43 PM »
It's to cut down on spying. 24 hour wait sounds about right to me. If you had no waiting period, you'd see people constantly jumping sides to spy for CV's, fill V-base gun positions to prevent defense, ect. That is still happening, but at a much lesser degree than it could be with a 24 hour wait to switch back.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 02:16:36 PM »
Double post.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 02:26:36 PM by rpm »
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 02:24:18 PM »
Triple post? WTH??
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 02:27:13 PM by rpm »
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 04:33:48 PM »
it was never about spying as you can "spy" right now if you wish.  hitech said the changed was because that's how it was before.  but my own guess is to stop people from rolling from horde to horde.  it was very common to see some people flying with you and then switch to whichever country was hording at that time.  specially late at night when the bishops always had plenty of people to roll undefended bases.  also when the war was about to be won you could see the other 2 countries numbers go down while the "wining" side had in influx of "reserves" log in.  several times in the rare case when the knights were wining we had eny of 30.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 04:44:38 PM »
That is why one can not find a fight . Why the Muppets change to the side that last the lest number of people to be able to find a good fight even if it is 5 on one . Now you can't do that . When that country need's the help the most .

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 04:45:20 PM »
My 2 cents: Make it so that everytime you switch, it's globally announced. "X has switched from _ to _." If you keep going back and forth, it'll raise questions, if you're a well known player, I doubt people will care. If you're a non-well known player, people can just ask you.

Then reduce the time down to 2 hours.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 05:03:14 PM »
My 2 cents: Make it so that everytime you switch, it's globally announced. "X has switched from _ to _." If you keep going back and forth, it'll raise questions, if you're a well known player, I doubt people will care. If you're a non-well known player, people can just ask you.

Then reduce the time down to 2 hours.
Now that's a good idea titanic3 <S> .

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 06:29:05 PM »
Many hate the 12 hour time. I am one of them.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 06:40:10 PM »
CAV is the ONLY guy that I have seen or talk to that likes it . I think more people would step up to the plate but they act like their scared or some thing . I bet if there was a vote it be 85% of the people would say change it back . Now HT says that's the way it use to be well I seem to remember that there was no kill shooter back then eather . Mite as well change it back too , lol .

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2012, 08:27:05 PM »
My 2 Cents...

Prime Time and Weekends has become a 'toxic environment'.  The arena is at near capacity, latency and frame rates amongst horded areas make the game nearly unplayable, and there are no fights happening outside the horde because everyone thinks you can't 'Win' the game anymore unless you relentlessly roll bases.  Because of the numbers, the only way to accomplish this is with EXTREME numbers.  Unfortunately where a few skilled pilots could take a base in a 2 arena setting, even having 20 people will rarely take a base due to the mass 'horde' of defenders that quickly ups from a base.

I'm not complaining about defense, and I'm not complaining about the hordes in the traditional sense.  I just see that numbers are now dictating game play, to the detriment of a large number of AH players.

The simple solution would be to roll it back 8 months or so...

2 Arenas during Prime Time, 1 Arena for "Off Hours" and a 1 hour side switch rule.

Right now your only chance to do something 'different' is to log into EW or MW which is LW on Crack as far as the smashing undefended bases, spying, shading, sharing of accounts and every other gamey thing you can imagine... or jumping into the DA where you have nothing to do but avoid HO's from Tempests and 4Hogs running around in F3 mode.  Neither of these are appetizing...

To be honest... I downloaded world of tanks yesterday and played it all day rather than logging into the arenas because I'm sick to death of the game play.  I most likely will be spending the majority of my time there and away from FSO.  At least there the computer balances matches and if you want to be 'gamey' all you have to do is pay an extra $5 a month...

[EDIT:] Oh, and you can knock over trees, shoot through leaves and roll over other light objects that normally flip or stop a 50ton tank.....
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 08:31:19 PM by wil3ur »
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"