Author Topic: Lest we forget...  (Read 2990 times)

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
Re: Lest we forget...
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2012, 09:19:22 PM »
I'm going to check it out for sure . Mite be some important names on that tree .

Mississippi did have a large Army.   I will ask some of my reenactment friends for good information of unites of the state of Mississippi.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2012, 09:38:27 PM »
Mississippi did have a large Army.   I will ask some of my reenactment friends for good information of unites of the state of Mississippi.
Please do because it's going to be a 2 day trip for me . A day to get there and find it and then I will have to set up camp for the night and hike back out in the morning .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2012, 01:01:49 PM »
That will be great!  You are in Tenn, correct?  If so, you should contact the Tenn historical society after you found it.   :salute

Please do not mis-understood me. I never question the age of the bike, but how the bike got that high off the ground. When reading that poster, it just says that the boy chained it to the tree and left there. Nothing about having it hung up there.

My argument was that, despite the bike was chain to the tree, the tree will never grow up wards taking the bike with it.  In fact that part of the tree does not even move up at all just grows outward. One reason you see rings in a cross section of the tree.

I agree in that is is unlikely when you take into account all the trees in the woods, but there are many forces and random factors at work that could result in this happening.  Nature is cool.  (like bike-eating tree cool)  :aok
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.