Author Topic: Dad Vs Facebook  (Read 4629 times)

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
Re: Dad Vs Facebook
« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2012, 08:50:47 PM »
ha ha, accidentaly humiliated his daughter. why u kno shoot nothing in video response to dr phil?
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #91 on: February 27, 2012, 11:13:25 PM »
One of the more incoherent arguments I've heard in a while.

Also, though I may not agree with his % argument, I should point out that half a million people is only .0016% of the U.S. population.

.16% .  .0016% would mean the population of the US is around 30 billion.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2012, 01:18:12 AM »
.16% .  .0016% would mean the population of the US is around 30 billion.

Thank you, didn't move the decimal. 
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2012, 01:21:32 AM »
He really misunderstood Dr. Phil's argument, and then put fallacious evidence behind his own.  Let's start off with the fact that attending a session with Dr. Phil is entirely voluntary, and if you don't like watching it, you can turn it off.  However, if your parent does what Facebook Dad did to you, you have no say in the matter, and there's no getting away from it.  Furthermore, if he was worried about publicly humiliating his daughter, then he would have shown her the video privately on a television or done the deed live.  He knew what he was getting into when he put it up on YouTube, and therefore he cannot claim that he had anything but a superfluous conviction regarding protecting his daughter's privacy at the time when he put it up- heck, he didn't even apologize for his "accident".

Now that we have established that he is either shreckless or incompetent (i.e., does not understand how YouTube works) we can continue on to his two fallacies.  The first is a simple non-sequitur, teaching kids to respect their parents is not equivalent to obliterating their possessions with a hail of lead when they grumble about chores.  Where he got that idea, I don't know.  Furthermore, for all the "raisin' 'em right" that went on in this BBS (inhabited, I assume, by men similar to him) I hear an awful lot about people crashing cars due to peeking under miniskirts, bringing eight year olds into bars, and drug shenanigans involving parent and child alike.  That's certainly not indicative of any inherent superiority in parenting style.  Secondly, he attempts to prove that his style of parenting is more effective by a show of hands- I guess UFO's, ghosts, and Sasquatch are real, too!  100% of at least half a million people believe in them!  It's ridiculous, the man is covering his own sorry but with mismatched facts and an argument weaker than a house of cards.

-Penguin

........my parents would slap you for thinking something like that.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2012, 08:38:56 AM »
Am I the only one that thanks this hole thing is a scam .???

+1

Although, I do have faith in human stupidity and that makes me think it may actually be real. 

Here is what is funny about all this.  The people that arguing in his favor and congratulating him.  They seem to forget that if this is real, he and his methods have been a total fail until now.  Do you really think he finally figured it out and the solution was to shoot the lap top?  :rofl

http://news.yahoo.com/incompetent-people-too-ignorant-know-175402902.html

Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2012, 10:18:38 AM »
+1

Although, I do have faith in human stupidity and that makes me think it may actually be real. 

Here is what is funny about all this.  The people that arguing in his favor and congratulating him.  They seem to forget that if this is real, he and his methods have been a total fail until now.  Do you really think he finally figured it out and the solution was to shoot the lap top?  :rofl

http://news.yahoo.com/incompetent-people-too-ignorant-know-175402902.html

Yes, because 16 year olds NEVER act out.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2012, 10:47:47 AM »
Yes, because 16 year olds NEVER act out.

Ahhh, I see you found the link useful  :aok.  Of coarse they do and they always will.  But if his goal was to prevent that he failed.  If he was not trying to prevent that then why be upset about it? And if it was just "acting up" why go to such extremes?  But as the link I provided you with explains, I am wasting my time.  I do find it fun though  :headscratch:
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2012, 02:21:15 PM »
One typically gives as generously as one takes.  Similarly, and ironically, one generally kicks themselves in the bellybutton the more they tend to stick their foot in their mouth.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2012, 04:26:33 PM »

........my parents would slap you for thinking something like that.

And now I know where Orwell got his inspiration for the Ministry of Thought :tongue in cheek Now what's more important is what you think.  What do you think?

-Penguin
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 05:14:59 PM by Penguin »