Author Topic: Mixed symphony in the air today over DM AFB  (Read 1071 times)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Re: Mixed symphony in the air today over DM AFB
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2012, 12:21:16 PM »
I've got a Nikkon D3100 and shot the aerials with a 55-200 lense.  Thanks for the info.  Obviously, I'm still learning the fine points of photography.  I'm out of town until Thursday night and will check on the programs you mention after that.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 12:25:22 PM by Puma44 »

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Mixed symphony in the air today over DM AFB
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2012, 03:10:33 PM »
Well the point in using the raw information isnt critical in the end. I prefer it because it gives a closer representation of the original colors for post-processing. Jpeg limits the possibilities but the point of posting RAW for me is so that the resolution isnt lost as it is with photobucket. You are sharing in the OC so of course with so many pics you want the load time to be minimal. If you had some you wanted to share at full res you would also want to warn viewers that they were HD. In digital design we have lower limits of 10MP for submissions and 32MP for competition/publication/advertising and of course HDR is 72MP with all three contrasts submitted as well. I use a 16MP myself because I am not competing and in digital design you sometimes get things you want captured to video.

I use a Sony Alpha SLT-a35 and chose it for the 60fps 1080p stereo sound (for syncing to HD digital) and because it allows me to use legacy Minolta lenses (some with and some without an adaptor). Your camera is better for night shoots which I dont do and might actually be better for dimmer lit timed exposures.

Anyway... sorry for taking it off topic.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.