Author Topic: Feild targets not always being destroyed  (Read 427 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Feild targets not always being destroyed
« on: February 26, 2012, 12:30:25 PM »
Im going ot have to film it. But I noticed  That often recently when I drop on or strafe with cannon. Ord/Barracks/fuel They sometimes wont go down no matter how much I drop or hit them with.

Example. a few nights ago (I forget the name of the map) I was fighting over where wo vehicle bases meet and trying ot prevent a capture. there was one barracks left. I hit it twice with bombs and no matter how many times I strafed it with 20 mil it wouldnt go down.

I checked to see if maybe it was down and just didnt look down and field info said "troops enabled"
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 12:33:56 PM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
Re: Feild targets not always being destroyed
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 03:52:46 PM »
I had a similar situation with an ostwind the other day.  I dropped a 1000lb bomb directly on top of him.  He was in the middle of the crater, and no damage, still firing.  I dropped a second 1000lb bomb and placed it directly on my first crater (wow luck!), this time the ostwind exploded.  I know there's issues with craters blocking tank rounds.  In looking at craters from the ground, there is a definate 'object' above the ground, and depending on angle you can see the separation between the two (much like the turret of the tank and the superstructure).  Maybe this could be causing problems with how some base objects are created/displayed over certain terrain features?
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline LCAMerciful

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 02:07:45 PM »
Im going ot have to film it. But I noticed  That often recently when I drop on or strafe with cannon. Ord/Barracks/fuel They sometimes wont go down no matter how much I drop or hit them with.

Example. a few nights ago (I forget the name of the map) I was fighting over where wo vehicle bases meet and trying ot prevent a capture. there was one barracks left. I hit it twice with bombs and no matter how many times I strafed it with 20 mil it wouldn't go down.

I checked to see if maybe it was down and just didn't look down and field info said "troops enabled"

I do know there is a structure in the vbase that looks like barracks but is indestructible.  Maybe that's what you were dropping on?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 05:28:26 PM »
I believe there's two objects on v base that look like barracks.  but they are both bigger than normall barracks.  one is in the center and the other is just n of the eastern vh.  you cant confused them as they are about twice the size.  both are indestructible.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 12:15:15 AM »

Example. a few nights ago (I forget the name of the map) I was fighting over where wo vehicle bases meet and trying ot prevent a capture. there was one barracks left. I hit it twice with bombs and no matter how many times I strafed it with 20 mil it wouldnt go down.

I checked to see if maybe it was down and just didnt look down and field info said "troops enabled"
rubber bullets take 190A8s heavy gun package

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 05:56:39 PM »
Are you sure you were not at the friendly vbase?