Author Topic: Need rudder peddle suggestion  (Read 1544 times)

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
Need rudder peddle suggestion
« on: March 06, 2012, 10:44:55 PM »
Never used them before. Whats out on the market?

Have TM Warthog but have been using X52 for years.

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Re: Need rudder peddle suggestion
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 11:09:35 PM »
My favorite are the CH Products pedals.  They have excellent feel, and are very sturdy and long-lasting.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 11:12:42 PM »
CH only way to go. They'll take a week or so to get used to but after that you'll kick yourself in the butt for not getting them sooner. I believe they run about 150.00/175.00 or so. Ebay may have a deal or two also. Worth checking out.  :salute

my advice is stay away from the Saitek pedals. They look nice but just don't hold up like the CH
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 11:16:25 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline LCAMerciful

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 11:19:36 PM »
I've heard good things about Saitek pedals.  I had one of the first production sets from several years back and I had issues with them coming off track but Saitek sent me a reinforcement kit that fixed them.  Also later production runs had this issue corrected and they hold up very nice.

Not that the CH pedals are bad either.  There have been some reports of wiring issues with them but no matter what manufacturer you choose a lemon is going to get through from time to time.

Price wise they are about the same.  From what I understand the CH pedals are a bit smoother but the Saitek pedals have a wider stance to them.

You can get either set for about $100 (including shipping) through amazon HERE

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 11:59:47 PM »
CH only way to go. They'll take a week or so to get used to but after that you'll kick yourself in the butt for not getting them sooner. I believe they run about 150.00/175.00 or so. Ebay may have a deal or two also. Worth checking out.  :salute

my advice is stay away from the Saitek pedals. They look nice but just don't hold up like the CH

I have had mine for over 3 years no issues yet...unlike anything else from Saitek

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 12:38:00 AM »
I used my CH pro pedals for years they are great pedals. The stance is a little narrow, but nothing that would keep me from buying them again.
I'm using Simpeds now they are really nice pedals, but pricey.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 12:48:51 AM »
I used my CH pro pedals for years they are great pedals. The stance is a little narrow, but nothing that would keep me from buying them again.
I'm using Simpeds now they are really nice pedals, but pricey.
Yes Simpeds. Gaboon sent me a link to those one time I believe. Damn they looked sweet. Too rich for my blood but definitely made for the serious simulator pilot from the looks of them. Here's the link on those. http://www.dhs-electronic.de/index2.php?id=100&lng=en
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 12:54:13 AM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 04:54:14 AM »
ch pedals are of crude construction and way overpriced. Saitek pro pedals all the way.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Infidelz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 05:06:04 AM »
ch pedals are of crude construction and way overpriced. Saitek pro pedals all the way.

indeed.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 06:51:08 AM »
I used CH rudder pedals a few times. Hated them. They were extremely light, it required more force to move a computer mouse than those pedals. Pedals should provide some resistance as most of the time when you use your rudder you don't want to apply maximum deflection.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline AHTbolt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2012, 07:18:19 AM »
Love my saitek combat PRO peddles.
AWWWWW CRAP YOU SHOT WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In the desert somewhere west of Kuwait 1991.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2012, 07:24:15 AM »
I have CH pedals, you'll hear no complaints from me.

Just a little pricey.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2012, 07:36:37 AM »
I'm
Using these for A-10 And KA50. X52 will still be for AH

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 07:49:28 AM »
I've had both of the CH pedal types, the narrow, and the REALLY narrow, as well as the older Saiteks.

http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/compedals.html

These are the newer Saitek's I bought with my Warthog setup (yes, I'm one of 'those' guys who bought those peds with that HOTAS).

I've never had the chance to try the SIMpeds, in fact I've never seen a set, and I'm going to get a hold of some asap for comparison, I've ordered a set of the F16USB pedals. That said, the new Saitek combat peds are a huge leap forward from the older saitek pedals and the CH ones in terms of materials and workmanship that they are worth the extra 100 dollars and then some.  They do have a larger footprint then the other types of pedals, so be warned if you have a small desk or space you are working in.

IF you don't feel like the wait time or ordering overseas for the SIMPEDS, which are around 400$ Canadian for the ones I have on the way, make sure you buy the Saitek Combat Pedals, as they are the by far the best of the 3 or 4 types that are available in North America easily from say amazon or whatever.  Ch Pedals, Saitek Pro, the pedals with the Logitech Hotas....NONE of them are even close to half as good as the Combat pedals, at least to me.  The are about 75 dollars more on average than the CH/Saitek Pedals, but for that small sum of cash you get a LOT better product.  Try them out at best buy or whatever first, and you'll agree with me.

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."