Author Topic: Lost Planes of 1946 Freeman Field Open House  (Read 3426 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: Lost Planes of 1946 Freeman Field Open House
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2012, 08:46:24 PM »
Don't let bodhi's insulting tyrade spin things for you folks. When you dig something up out of the earth and it's a flat piece of metal, almost none of it is used. What they do is rip it apart, flatten it out, and use any piece as a template to make new parts. It's worse when the plane has been burried. I never said you couldn't get historic info from it, so ignore that secondary spin Bodhi puts on it as well. Some very few rare parts that don't get mangled (smaller parts, mostly, maybe throttle units and super-dense stuff like main wing spars or guns made from steel) get re-used IF they're not rusted, but 99% of warbirds "restored" from dug-up wrecks are simply new materials built off of the old pattern.

You do realize that Bodhi knows more about this than 99.99% of the Community entire, but yet you're playing the victim?    You have challenged his posts with nothing but insults and rhetoric, all the while being clueless on what goes on behind the scenes in Restoration shops.   

He's "spun" nothing.   It was his CAREER for the better part of 20 years. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2012, 07:33:40 PM »
Bodhi....where do you work?

I used to work at the Garber Restoration facility.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2012, 02:33:16 AM »
You are being a dick.

Look here Bodhi no one on these boards has ever endeared me to do them a favor at all. I have done nothing since coming to AH except try to help some people and in all that time people like you continue to bring up this moron from the past. You should keep up because some people on this board did a very good job of researching the person in question and posted evidence proving it isnt me. So go drink your anti-venom and quietly shove off!

As to the reason I didnt post the "close-runners" information read the previous paragraph again and choke on your virtual crow!

« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 02:56:24 AM by Chalenge »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2012, 10:33:11 PM »
Chalenge, You were being one and I stand by that statement.  
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 10:34:50 PM by Bodhi »
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2012, 06:48:46 PM »
Chalenge, You were being one and I stand by that statement. 

I second that, to Krusty too.  Bodhi isn't the only one to actually try and chip in his legitimate 2-cents on the topic at hand.

Both you two are ignoring the very real and professional answers given here for your own rhetoric...

For my part, have you both still not bothered looking into the stupid soils report for the airfield or general geographical (and HIGHLY AGRICULTURAL region within the United States (meaning sure as sunshine and rain - thay're already out there)) area? 

I haven't, but then again I havent put my ego or pride on the line in this thread over something as trivial as the usable condition of these recoveries - maybe because I know, like Bodhi, no matter what condition whatever it is they dig up - it will be highley valuable, saught after, and treasured immensley one way or another by the restoration community - "usable" or not.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2012, 07:19:44 PM »
Look here Bodhi no one on these boards has ever endeared me to do them a favor at all. I have done nothing since coming to AH except try to help some people and in all that time people like you continue to bring up this moron from the past. You should keep up because some people on this board did a very good job of researching the person in question and posted evidence proving it isnt me. So go drink your anti-venom and quietly shove off!

As to the reason I didnt post the "close-runners" information read the previous paragraph again and choke on your virtual crow!

Unless I am mistaken, you're now bringing this "past issue" up.    But I am wondering why you went from tap dancing like Gregory Hines in "White Knights" to "defending yourself"?

There is only one Jumo engine that I have found capable of running and they are going to put it on display and never fly it again (190D9).

Sorry. Im not going to reveal that source until the recording has been made in person.  :devil

No thats an extremely poor running Jumo in that video with a lot of crowd noise. Regardless of which anal retentive final designation 190D it is not going to be run again and we have to wait on the D9s being restored to actually hear the sound of a Jumo engine again. Likely the first to be running will not be a Jumo 213A-1 not that your ears could tell the difference.

You got caught with your hand in the cookie jar, with the above quotes.   Now you are upset at that notion, then attack Bodhi.    You are not involved in Aircraft Restoration, but you are trying your best to "scream louder" so you are heard first, instead of Bodhi.    News flash, no one is listening to you, only Bodhi and Wmaker.    Why?   They can back up what has been typed in this thread.  
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 07:21:15 PM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2012, 11:50:46 PM »
Krybaby this isnt your best use of your marbles. Bodhi needs a time out badly and you know it. I didnt attack Bodhi more than tell him I have had enough of him and you. You two dont even fly here and yet insult the customers like you own the place. Best buds with Hitech huh?
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2012, 07:10:10 AM »
I saw a few Jumo engines in containers at the Garber Restoration facility in the late 80s and even a diesel jumo.

They are there but the Smithsonian still has like 80 years worth of restoration projects lined up and possibly 50 more that hasn't been addressed.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2012, 11:52:47 AM »
I havent really been paying attention here since the bickering has started  best I can say is calm down, present facts  with sources otherwise  I'd have to trust more in what the  guy that was in the industry has to say. No, Im not going to go look up anything the burden of supporting your position is on you Chalenge otherwise I think you're just blowing hot air,.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 11:57:25 AM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline ariansworld

• Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2012, 03:56:57 PM »
Krybaby this isnt your best use of your marbles. Bodhi needs a time out badly and you know it. I didnt attack Bodhi more than tell him I have had enough of him and you. You two dont even fly here and yet insult the customers like you own the place. Best buds with Hitech huh?

Ok voss.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2012, 04:37:58 PM »

Who have I insulted in this thread?    You're still the one calling names.    You DID attack Bodhi and now you're attacking me.    :rock

Bodhi and Wmaker have provided more FACTS in this thread than you have.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2012, 10:18:04 PM »
Look back and check out which individual actually reached out with the insults first.

And the fact is that if what I had to say makes me what Bodhi called me... then he is that times three since he "knows of three."

Your jumping in and spouting off just isnt any of your business. Fact is you dont even fly in game any more and you dont matter worth squat. Neither of you do.

@ariansworld: If you have evidence that anyone in this game is the guy you say I am... prove it. We actually spent money tracking the guy down. It isnt me. Keep harping on that and you just look even more foolish.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2012, 06:22:43 AM »
Look back and check out which individual actually reached out with the insults first.

And the fact is that if what I had to say makes me what Bodhi called me... then he is that times three since he "knows of three."

Your jumping in and spouting off just isnt any of your business. Fact is you dont even fly in game any more and you dont matter worth squat. Neither of you do.

@ariansworld: If you have evidence that anyone in this game is the guy you say I am... prove it. We actually spent money tracking the guy down. It isnt me. Keep harping on that and you just look even more foolish.

The "you don't fly anymore" card is played.      :rofl     This is a BBS and it isn't via PM, so I believe any Registered member can engage in this conversation.    Unfortunately, as stated previously Bodhi and Wmaker are the ones making sense and contributing worthwhile material to it.    You calling me names, because Bodhi called you a name, doesn't make you right.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2012, 12:10:45 AM »
Hey Chalenge, you are still working hard at being what I said.

With your behaviors, it's almost like your Dad is a General, or Colonel, ooops, I lost track....

I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.