Author Topic: Guys How's This Latest Patch 2.27-3 Working Out?  (Read 3666 times)

Offline Lab Rat 3947

• Silver Member
Re: Guys How's This Latest Patch 2.27-3 Working Out?
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2012, 12:15:16 AM »
Buffs no longer have tracers

Planes warping

Frame rate down by 60%

patch two only caused a slight drop in frame rate. I have to run with the vsync toggled, otherwise frame rate is 7-9

LtngRydr
14th FG Grounded

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Lab Rat 3947

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2012, 12:33:26 AM »
tried one more time

vsync toggled & textures at 128

everything else is off

disabled other plane skins

frame rate went up to 28-30

ran across two the planes and the FPS  drops to 12-15 and its warp city   :old:
LtngRydr
14th FG Grounded

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2012, 03:02:52 AM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one suffering bad frame rates, last patch was playable, this is nearly not.

Yesterday was laggy in the MA, rubber bullets, delayed kills  etc...
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2012, 03:30:26 AM »
I haven't read everyone's comments but I wanted to point out a couple of things.  During the test version, I did not have any memory type issues. 

The biggest problem that I have had with the patch version occured today, where all sort of warps and discoes were present.  I did a ping plotter test on my connection and found that the internet itself was wacky today for some reason.  I just checked again this morning and the ping times are a third less and also showing 0 errors.

I am about to log on and test my theory that what many are reporting as problems with the patch may actually be related to the internet lag, or system or game settings.  To prove me wrong try ping plotter test whenever you have a noticeable difference in your game play performance.  Also, try settings that are not mentioned a lot but have effects on game performance when systems tend to be overloaded. 

Try these:  disable plane skins for others, disable clutter in flight, turn performance sliders to the right.  Antialiasing in video settings can be scaled back to middle range and still give pretty smooth graphics.  A ton of other settings but for the most part turn everything off and work backwards to get to where you can trade off visual effects for performance.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2012, 04:52:30 AM »

Try these:  disable plane skins for others, disable clutter in flight, turn performance sliders to the right.  Antialiasing in video settings can be scaled back to middle range and still give pretty smooth graphics.  A ton of other settings but for the most part turn everything off and work backwards to get to where you can trade off visual effects for performance.

Why should I have to disable everything when it was fine a patch ago? My computer isn't really stone age either, it feels like I'm back playing on the single core athlon now  :cry
now posting as SirNuke

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2012, 06:54:53 AM »
I get strange lag spikes when within 200 yards of an external sound (explosion, aircraft engines, etc)
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2012, 07:06:16 AM »
I get strange lag spikes when within 200 yards of an external sound (explosion, aircraft engines, etc)

I've seen this, you think its related to the sounds and not the textures/bump mapping?
now posting as SirNuke

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2012, 07:13:50 AM »
I've seen this, you think its related to the sounds and not the textures/bump mapping?

I'm not really sure. I run 59 FR on full graphics, and have no problems other than when an external sound goes off close to my aircraft. It could be a bump mapping problem I suppose. I spent quite a bit of time at tree-top level last night, and seemed to only get lag spikes when external sounds were present.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2012, 07:47:47 AM »
I was at a steady 60FR  now 40-20
weird sound issues like no engine noise at take off..I adjust it in options and it works..next time I up no sound on engine again
lots of lag

now obviously cosmic events of late might mean its not the best time to take all this as normal circumstances

i dont know but I dont like it

<S>Jimmy
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline FBLazy1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2012, 08:25:40 AM »
I installed the latest patch last night and flew in the LWA. Before patch 3 I was getting a constant 75 fps with all the bells and whistles at 2048 texture. Now I get 75 fps at takeoff but during a battle my fps drops to 6-10 (I believe it is the ground clutter, gonna turn it off and test it tonight). Hope new patch comes out so I can go back to all the bells and whistles this game has to offer. Still better than what AH had in 2001 when I first started this game.  :salute
In Game: Lazy1

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2012, 09:19:40 AM »
I havent been able to try the new patch yet... been working my arse off all week... so I will try it this afternoon. 

But keep this in mind... we are in the middle of the strongest solar storm the earth has seen in several years.  Anything that has to do with internet traffic could be affected... like ping times... lag... packet loss... discos... and other whacky stuff that no one has even though of.

So it may not ALL be the patch...

***G3-MF***

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2012, 09:54:40 AM »
I havent been able to try the new patch yet... been working my arse off all week... so I will try it this afternoon. 

But keep this in mind... we are in the middle of the strongest solar storm the earth has seen in several years.  Anything that has to do with internet traffic could be affected... like ping times... lag... packet loss... discos... and other whacky stuff that no one has even though of.

So it may not ALL be the patch...

additionally lets not forget the storms that the mid west and central states have suffered in the last week. how many lines and servers are down right now? how many new jumps does your internet connection have to make to get to the same end location? how much extra traffic are the remaining servers now carrying?

it all adds to the issues.....
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline Lab Rat 3947

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2012, 11:14:45 AM »
did a pingplot and at line 13 there is a 100% loss

that should explain my FPS, now about those bombers........... :old:

LtngRydr
14th FG Grounded

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2012, 11:16:37 AM »
again, packet loss has NOTHING to do with the FPS  :furious
now posting as SirNuke

Offline GhostRider2110

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2012, 11:22:51 AM »
Why not?  if the CPU is busy having to rebuild the TCP/IP packets, would that additional overhead affect FPS?  More load, less FPS...  Now that would also depend on how much offloading the NIC can do.  But I do think heavy packet loss could impact FPS based on system load.  --Mitch
--Mitch AKA SEBaker

XO I./JG 1 DGS II scenario
Mitchell Baker AMA 7548 GSWA WB251 10th AF USSMA 358
Webmaster THRCC