Author Topic: Stop Joseph Kony- rescue thousands of children  (Read 5455 times)

Offline saggs

• Silver Member
      • www.kirksagers.com
Re: Stop Joseph Kony- rescue thousands of children
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2012, 07:06:00 PM »
They're just as much people as your neighbors.  It may be the UN's job to police, but at least give some words of encouragement. :)

-Penguin

FYI... It ain't the UN who are in Africa right now hunting down this psycho and his cronies, the UN is a toothless tiger.    It's US combat troops, and I doubt they care that a bunch of naive I-wanna-feel-good-about-myself-but-am-too-lazy-to-make-any-more-effort-then-changing-my-facebook-picture emotion driven lemmings are behind them.

Social media stuff like this is a joke, the "charity" behind it is obviously in it to make a profit, and the people who fall for it are emotionally driven naive folks, who want to feel good about themselves without actually doing a dang thing to help.  Somehow they think they can salve their souls and fulfill the meaning of their existence by sitting on their couch and clicking "share" instead of actually doing something REAL to help the world.

[sarcasm] Remember when everyone on facebook stopped child abuse by changing their profile pics to a cartoon character?   Whew...  I'm sure glad we don't have to worry about child abuse in our society anymore.

Now apparently facebook is going to stop a long time crazed African warlord (who is already on his last legs, on the run and in hiding from US troops), save tens of thousands of African children (who are already dead) and bring lasting peace to central Africa, just by watching a 20 minute video and clicking "share", or even just changing your pic to to a catchy poster with his name on it, you really don't HAVE to watch the video.

WOW!  Is there any end to the power of facebook!  It's too bad facebook wasn't around in April 1945.  They could have brought Hitler to justice and saved the lives of 6 million Jews. [/sarcasm]

Offline saggs

• Silver Member
      • www.kirksagers.com
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2012, 07:14:50 PM »
You want to save the world Penquin? How about you get off the computer and go downtown and just sit and talk with some wino for a few weeks and get to know them. Maybe take them to lunch. Buy them some cigarettes...become their friend. Ask them how they ended up the way they are. Ask them about their broken dreams and lost loves. Ask them if they care about what goes on in Africa.

I have and they don't. What they care about is somewhere warm to spend the night, what their kids look like now and if they think about them and say a prayer for them at bedtime. They wonder where they'll spend the day to get out of the heat on the streets and if they can scrap together enough change for some smokes and a bottle of MadDog so they can forgot about their lives for a few hours. They wonder if anyone will care who they were when some guy finds them dead in the gutter one cold morning.

You want to save the world...go for it. It's right in your backyard.

[sarcasm] BUT, but, but....  why would anyone want to do that and actually help a real human being, in the real world.  When they can instead sit comfortably in their la-z-boy, click "share" on their facebook page and save 20,000 dead African children instead...  [/sarcasm]

Uptown nailed it.

If you REALLY want to help, no matter where you live there are doubtless numerous opportunities to help real people, and make a real difference.   Sorry kids, but a mouse button is not a magic machine, which can bring warlords to justice and save children halfway around the world.

If you really want to bring warlords to justice... go join Special Forces or a mercenary contractor.  If you want to save kids in Africa, go join the Peace Corps and build new clean wells and water systems for them.

Better yet, help out in your own hometown like Uptown suggested.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2012, 07:54:34 PM »

I will keep quiet about this one.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2012, 08:07:13 PM »
I got a question, lets say your a soldier and you saw kids being killed and you had a chance to stop it, would you. If you say "No" with out question speak up so I know who you are. If you say though "Well of course, but I can't I'm here" or something like that then keep shut and read my text. This isn't just about Kony in my mind. I think it's a beginning to slowly get rid of the worst people on earth. (Justin Bieber, Rebecca Black)

Now if you are a soldier or even retired. What do you believe in, now if you are just totally spam your thoughts. You won't offend me seriously, your doing a good thing because your educating me. If you some how say "No I won't spam my thoughts about the world to this kid who won't understand half the words I say", well thanks.

Now get yourself a beer or maybe walk until your feet bleed, because I'm sure surprised if you read this.

:salute
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 08:09:23 PM by stealth »
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2012, 08:18:04 PM »
I was never arguing in the first place,

That is a lie.

I'm fine with just laughing at posts like your original response to the thread. You're the one trying to justify yourself as if that's somehow going to change the facts :)

What are these facts that I'm trying to change? You just keep laughing if you are unable to articulate what specifically you disagree with. Your non-specificity is just an indicator that you haven't decided what you really believe, so you just pick a side and start throwing stones at the other.

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2012, 08:56:08 PM »
No offense Stealth, but if I were a soldier i'd do what i was ordered to do. The only time I would not follow orders by my commanding officers is if it meant killing fellow Americans. The world is a harsh place and bad things happen. I'm truly sorry the world is how it is, but I believe I can be of more help here at home. Let those children's families and their government and the UN take care of that stuff over there. We have children here being killed by drug gangs by the hundreds every single day. How much effort have you put forth to stop that? None! Absolutely none.
How on earth can you expect to help someone if you don't help the one's all around you everyday first. Your heart is in the right place, just misguided imo. Kids here need our help too ya know.
Lighten up Francis

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2012, 09:05:12 PM »
The U.S has its own issues it needs to worry about...

Yes it's tragic for those people, but seriously I'm not gonna support any of this crap.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2012, 09:21:13 PM »
We can't forget the world in our own troubles, much like someone with a broken water heater shouldn't ignore a neighbor's cries for help when a rapist breaks in.

-Penguin

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2012, 10:39:32 PM »
We can't forget the world in our own troubles, much like someone with a broken water heater shouldn't ignore a neighbor's cries for help when a rapist breaks in.

-Penguin

what? :huh

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2012, 10:44:42 PM »
I read this thread last night & then by chance just watched a movie tonight called "Machine Gun Preacher", not knowing the movie was about this very subject.  It's the true story of a biker/junkie/ex-con turned born again that goes to Uganda & not only builds an orphanage & saves countless children from this fate, but also actively hunts down Kony's men & kills em.  It's a damn good movie.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2012, 10:46:10 PM »

-Penguin

I seriously worry about your mental and emotional well being.  :confused: The things you say....I ..wow... *Walks away*

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2012, 11:10:21 PM »
That is a lie.

What are these facts that I'm trying to change? You just keep laughing if you are unable to articulate what specifically you disagree with. Your non-specificity is just an indicator that you haven't decided what you really believe, so you just pick a side and start throwing stones at the other.

:headscratch:

As I said in my response to your first post, I believe that you are hilariously deluded.

Why would I want to actually argue with someone like you about the Iraq war :bhead:  I can't think of anything more futile tbh.

Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2012, 02:50:05 AM »
:headscratch:

As I said in my response to your first post, I believe that you are hilariously deluded.

Why would I want to actually argue with someone like you about the Iraq war :bhead:  I can't think of anything more futile tbh.

Someone like me...

Someone like who? Please digress. Is it anyone who doesn't agree with you?

When I hear somebody say something that's wrong or tell me I'm wrong it's time to have a discussion. To hash it out. Worst case scenario neither of us changes eachother's minds, but at least we have a better understanding of eachother. The only reason you wouldn't back yourself up after telling someone they're deluded and calling them an idiot is because all you can contribute is regurgitation of what has been fed to you, and your tank must already be empty.

You can always tell if someone doesn't know what they're talking about, they'll always be the first to try to back out without admitting so.

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2012, 03:15:12 AM »
Someone like me...

Someone like who? Please digress.

:rofl  That word doesn't mean what you think it means

I've already made my meaning plain enough, you seem to be being deliberately obtuse. I'll try and spell it out one last time.

Why would I want to waste time arguing about the Iraq war with someone whose posts give me reason to believe they are utterly deluded, if not just plain stupid? To change your mind?  :lol

Yeah, that always works in internet discussions about politics  :rolleyes:   We can go back and forward all day and you're still going to be a blindly patriotic idiot no matter what I post. Now, against my better judgement, I'm going to post just a couple of links and quotes, in the full knowledge that it is a waste of time and won't change your mind at all.  :headscratch: I mean, people having been debating this BS for years and I doubt one single person has changed their opinion just because of what someone with an opposing view on the internet says. So, this isn't me arguing with you ;) this is just pointing out why I believe you're talking total crap when you use phrases like 'Saddam was bluffing that they had WMDs'. If anything it was US intelligence services making that bluff and using it as a justification to do what they wanted to do anyway (not saying that it was a bad thing, wanting to get rid of Saddam, don't get me wrong)

Saddam was bluffing that Iraq had WMDs  :noid  (what you said) or Iraq definitely having WMDs was used as a justification for going to war (what I said) http://articles.cnn.com/2004-10-06/world/iraq.wmd.report_1_nuclear-weapons-charles-duelfer-iraq-s-wmd?_s=PM:WORLD  

The report was released nearly two years ago to the day that President Bush strode onto a stage in Cincinnati and told the audience that Saddam Hussein's Iraq "possesses and produces chemical and biological weapons" and "is seeking nuclear weapons."

"The danger is already significant and it only grows worse with time," Bush said in the speech delivered October 7, 2002. "If we know Saddam Hussein has dangerous weapons today -- and we do -- does it make any sense for the world to wait to confront him as he grows even stronger and develops even more dangerous weapons?"

Speaking on the campaign trail in Pennsylvania, Bush maintained Wednesday that the war was the right thing to do and that Iraq stood out as a place where terrorists might get weapons of mass destruction.

"There was a risk, a real risk, that Saddam Hussein would pass weapons or materials or information to terrorist networks, and in the world after September the 11th, that was a risk we could not afford to take," Bush said.

and this as well I suppose...in for a penny in for a pound http://articles.cnn.com/2011-02-20/politics/rumsfeld.interview_1_defense-secretary-donald-rumsfeld-obama-administration-curveball?_s=PM:POLITICS

If the Bush administration had known there were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, it probably wouldn't have decided to invade in 2003, former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said in an interview broadcast Sunday.

Speaking on CNN's "State of the Union" program, Rumsfeld noted there were multiple reasons for attacking Iraq and ousting Saddam Hussein from power.

However, intelligence reports -- now shown to have been false -- that Iraq possessed WMDs were the main reason for going in, Rumsfeld said.

"No question it was the big one," he said. Asked if the United States would not have invaded if the administration hadn't believed Iraq had the weapons of mass destruction, Rumsfeld said: "I think that's probably right."

He criticized the source known as "Curveball" -- an Iraqi defector who admitted his claims that Iraq possessed WMDs were false -- but stopped short of condemning the U.S. intelligence community."

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2012, 03:32:54 AM »
You probably also wholeheartedly believe that dastardly Iran is building a nuclear program to threaten Israel and the US with  :rofl  Rather than because they are quaking in their boots as it's obvious they are going to the next target