Author Topic: question about killing bomber gunners  (Read 598 times)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
question about killing bomber gunners
« on: March 12, 2012, 01:50:51 PM »

Can you only kill the gunner position if someone is in it?

Thanks.
Who is John Galt?

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
Re: question about killing bomber gunners
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 01:54:08 PM »
Can you only kill the gunner position if someone is in it?

Thanks.

No, if bullets hit around the area the gunner is he can be killed, depending the position etc.
JG 52

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 07:43:28 PM »
No, if bullets hit around the area the gunner is he can be killed, depending the position etc.

Thanks. IT's tough to tell where bullets are coming from when attacking a buff. But I was sure once that I had swung in behind a group of LAncs and hit all three tail gunners before getting binged. Then dropped down below the wing plane hoping to get in close and kill them. But the first burst out of the buff guns took my wing off. I kept wondering "what guns can hit me from there if the tail gunners are dead." IT happened so much that I dropped the attack plan of shooting out gunners because I figured they weren't dying.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 07:53:56 PM »
Thanks. IT's tough to tell where bullets are coming from when attacking a buff. But I was sure once that I had swung in behind a group of LAncs and hit all three tail gunners before getting binged. Then dropped down below the wing plane hoping to get in close and kill them. But the first burst out of the buff guns took my wing off. I kept wondering "what guns can hit me from there if the tail gunners are dead." IT happened so much that I dropped the attack plan of shooting out gunners because I figured they weren't dying.  :salute

Each bomber has a weak spot, Lancasters are in the wings, Either drop straight down or climb straight up - Dropping straight down you only face 2x 50s from the top turret, there is no ball turret.

B-24s are weak in the wings, Head on passes work quite well, or any hits on the wing set them on fire.

B-17s are a tough bird all around, head on pass works or slashing attacks.

B-29s - use slashing attacks at very high speed from the 10-11clock and 1-2 clock position, extremely heavily armed

B-26s NEVER head on this plane way to much firepower in the nose, use slashing attacks from the 10-11clock and 1-2 clock position
JG 52

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 08:01:54 AM »
Each bomber has a weak spot, Lancasters are in the wings, Either drop straight down or climb straight up - Dropping straight down you only face 2x 50s from the top turret, there is no ball turret.

B-24s are weak in the wings, Head on passes work quite well, or any hits on the wing set them on fire.

B-17s are a tough bird all around, head on pass works or slashing attacks.

B-29s - use slashing attacks at very high speed from the 10-11clock and 1-2 clock position, extremely heavily armed

B-26s NEVER head on this plane way to much firepower in the nose, use slashing attacks from the 10-11clock and 1-2 clock position

yep
Who is John Galt?

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 01:25:28 PM »
b25=easy kill shot anywhere
b5n2= ^
d3a1=^^
a20= dont ho your fine.
boston=lol
C47= run for your f**king life@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"