Author Topic: Where my KI-43?  (Read 4300 times)

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Where my KI-43?
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2012, 11:28:13 AM »
How well will it dive? Like a zero or like a ki61?

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2012, 11:54:55 AM »
About as good as a Ki-43. :bolt:

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2012, 03:07:58 PM »

It should have about the same dive performance of the Zeke, later Ki-43 versions had improved dive performance just like the Zeke.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2012, 09:35:23 PM »
Who cares if it was the main IJAF fighter? The Panzer III still had more historical significance overall. We're still missing any british-designed tank.

Regardless of if its the main attraction in AH, the fact is that the ground war was more significant than the air war. While control of the air helps the ground forces advance, the air forces can't move up without control of the ground. I mean if you want to say, its the most historicaly significant aircraft we're missing, then fine.  But don't make it sound like nothing else in the entire war was even half as important as the Ki-43, cause thats just lying.

why are you comparing a K4 against the ki-43?  :noid

Because Karnak made it out as if the Ki-43's manuverability would be some great advantage in base defense, and it wouldn't. If you're to the point where you need to be fighting the minute you go wheels up, then a Ki-43 has about as much chance to do something usefull as a K4. Less actually, because a single tater will take out a fighter, so I could get lucky and nail a vulcher.

And if you're not capped, then the K4's ability to quickly climb to altitude, accelerate, and then dictate the terms of a fight out weights the Ki-43's ability to evade.

And high-tone, just because I don't want the Ki-43 so bad that I'm about to explode doesn't mean my ride is a crutch ride. Ask any K4 stick, and he'll tell you that its one of the more difficult aircraft to fly to its potential.

Infact, it could be said that your Ki-43's manuverability is a crutch as well. Its a lot harder to set up a proper shot, and hit your target at high angles, and combined speeds in excess of 650mph than it is to start turning circles like a pansy and make a tracking shot.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2012, 10:10:59 PM »
The Panzer III is not the most needed unit.  In fact, the Panzer III has very little use of any kind in AH because its only existent opponent in the game is the T-34/76, which badly outclasses it.

Tank-Ace,  I like that you are enthusiastic, but your bias for things German, and by association the things the Germans fought, colors your perceptions.  The fact is that the Panzer III, Cruiser IV, Beaufighter, He111, Wellington and Ki-43 are all going to be relative hangar queens in the LWA, but of those the Beaufighter, He111 and Ki-43 are most immediately applicable to scenarios and a true fighter has not been added to AH for quite a long time.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2012, 10:30:54 PM »
I never said they wouldn't be hanger queens, all I said is that the Panzer III was more historicly significant than the Ki-43. The Ki-43 helped in defensive fighting in a single theater of war. The Panzer III helped carry the Wermacht through France and the Low Countries, Afrika, the Ukraine, and Russia.

The Panzer III would be just as much, if not more, of a hanger queen than the Ki-43, because it takes a more skilled tanker to overcome a disadvantage than it takes a fighter pilot to overcome a simmilarly sized disadvantage. But that still doesn't mean it wasn't significant.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2012, 12:52:21 AM »
Ki-43 was also used in offensive operations as the Japanese swept through huge areas, admittedly relatively undefended.  It did face, and overcome, the aircraft that were there to defend those territories.

As I said, your bias for things German colors your perceptions.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #82 on: March 24, 2012, 05:03:44 AM »
Who cares if it was the main IJAF fighter? The Panzer III still had more historical significance overall. We're still missing any british-designed tank.

You're starting to show your ignorance.  Not having the Ki-43 for the Japanese plane set would be like not having the P-51D for the US side, it was that historically significant of an aircraft.  You're biased towards ground vehicles, we understand that and which is why in every wish thread for a plane, you insist in posting how the plane is irrelevant and instead a tank should be put instead.  No matter how much you try and argue your point, it will not change the fact one iota that you are completely incorrect.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: March 24, 2012, 03:07:54 PM »
Karnak, tell me this, which is more historicaly significant, the Panzer III or the Ki-43?

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #84 on: March 24, 2012, 03:27:03 PM »
Karnak, tell me this, which is more historicaly significant, the Panzer III or the Ki-43?
Panzer III, though not by nearly as much as you think.

Now, which is more important to AH, the Ki-43 wins by miles.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: March 24, 2012, 04:28:06 PM »
Ki-43 was also used in offensive operations as the Japanese swept through huge areas, admittedly relatively undefended.  It did face, and overcome, the aircraft that were there to defend those territories.

As I said, your bias for things German colors your perceptions.

The Ki-43 outclassed every plane when it was designed and overwhelmed what few planes it fought against (Hurricane 1's, B-339s etc) It really had no competition since there was none to begin with, the Dutch units in JAVA were far to thin to put up much of a defense, I once did a "unhistorical" defense of Java putting those planes bound for Australia to ABDA command and placed on Java - it still made no difference since P-40s and P-39s were badly outclassed as well.

Once the new designs came in (F4u-1 and Hellcat followed by P-47D and P38) the Ki-43 was outclassed itself.

It fought well since there was no competition or anyone fighting a war (US or Australia) at the time. Britain completely ignored Singapore and India - enough so the main fighter in 1943 was the Hurricane (far into 1944).

Even still, the Ki-43 places a very large roll in the Pacific campaign of WW2, enough I don't see any other plane other then the He-111 missing its spot. <- my personal speculation

I see the Ki-43 being added sometime this year maybe next year (depending the schedule), hopefully beef the Japanese/Russian lineup of Early / midwar fighters.

Might not be a LWA monster, but I don't tend to fly many LW planes as anyone with experience wants a challange.
JG 52

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: March 24, 2012, 11:41:25 PM »
Panzer III, though not by nearly as much as you think.

Now, which is more important to AH, the Ki-43 wins by miles.

Yes, but that wasn't my point. My point is that the Ki-43 is neither the most hisoricly significant, nor the best ride for the MA, that we could add at this point in time. If you want to say that its one of the top additions when you take both into account, then fine.

But fact is that there are things that are better suited fo, even more deserving of, addition in each criterion you've weighed the Ki-43 in. You yourself have admitted it (finally  :ahand). Now that thats out of the way, you can start trying to convince people why its needed despite this fact, which is what you should have been doing all along.

Really, I'm amazed you guys have kept trying to convince me of how important it was and how advantageous it would be in the MA, despite the fact that in any one category, its clearly beaten. Next time try and convince me why we need it, regardless of the fact that others are more important, or better suited to MA use.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #87 on: March 25, 2012, 12:08:46 AM »
Yes, but that wasn't my point. My point is that the Ki-43 is neither the most hisoricly significant, nor the best ride for the MA, that we could add at this point in time. If you want to say that its one of the top additions when you take both into account, then fine.

But fact is that there are things that are better suited fo, even more deserving of, addition in each criterion you've weighed the Ki-43 in. You yourself have admitted it (finally  :ahand). Now that thats out of the way, you can start trying to convince people why its needed despite this fact, which is what you should have been doing all along.

Really, I'm amazed you guys have kept trying to convince me of how important it was and how advantageous it would be in the MA, despite the fact that in any one category, its clearly beaten. Next time try and convince me why we need it, regardless of the fact that others are more important, or better suited to MA use.
1) You didn't read what I said.
2) What fighter beats it in turning?
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Mitsu.

• Copper Member
« Reply #88 on: March 25, 2012, 01:56:00 AM »
I want to dogfight with AKAK's P-38J in it!  :rock

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: March 25, 2012, 02:29:21 AM »
Tank-Ace, you really are a singularly argumentative young man. This Wishlist is not an election campaign and players do not have to justify their requests according to your criteria nor debate over the priority of what should be included before anything else.

Regarding your continual suggestion that any tank should be included before any additional fighter, we disagree with you. We appreciate you are a fan of armour, but I dare say you could always go to World of Tanks if Aces High does not satisfy you in this department. For the majority of players we are interested in air combat, bombers, attack aircraft and fighters. The fans of the latter have waited for a very long time for a new airframe to be introduced to the game.

Whether this will be a Ki-43, a Ki-100, something Italian or whatever, (or perhaps even nothing at all) is the choice of HTC according to their criteria which may be historical significance, contribution to gameplay or business growth or something else. The point is we don't know their policy because they avoid stating it, and as players we can only make and discuss suggestions and present pictures and research material.

This thread should be about discussing the features and shortcomings of the Ki-43 and perhaps why it would be fun to fly and what you could do with it, even in the MA. Your mission seems to be to find a way to devalue it so HTC can get busy adding the things you deem more important. However you can only forward your opinion with the weight of one person and that's all. You cannot browbeat other players and their opinions into submission with your floating logic attacks (Well perhaps you can with some of them, but know that ultimately it won't make a difference to the selection anyway).

In researching the Westland Whirlwind information, I found the first Wishlist thread for this aircraft dated almost ten years ago. The same for the Beaufighter, and for several other aircraft, tanks too. Some players have been adding research material and photographs for years. Some have even paid for restricted information and spent time going to museums specifically to make a contribution. It's hard to see how your approach could influence HTC's selection positively when all you seem to do is attack other people's suggestions and desires to try and secure the control of a very limited resource, in this case: HTC's inclusion of new toys.

If you feel the Panzer Mark III or whatever it is, is a good candidate then make your own thread to suggest and promote it, that's the extent of the influence you can exert.

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0