Author Topic: Where my KI-43?  (Read 4262 times)

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
Re: Where my KI-43?
« Reply #90 on: March 25, 2012, 11:17:40 AM »
Some have even paid for restricted information and spent time going to museums specifically to make a contribution. It's hard to see how your approach could influence HTC's selection positively when all you seem to do is attack other people's suggestions and desires to try and secure the control of a very limited resource, in this case: HTC's inclusion of new toys.

I've been doing this for years, buying up all the old books and magazines on anything with WW2 involved, I think I have roughly around 150 on vehicles, aircrafts and units. For example when the Panther was introduced I spent around $30 for 10 manuals with different color schemes and unit placements etc.

I couldn't skin for anything other then a stick figure, but maybe my stuff might help someone who can't go out and buy it, but can skin - put it to work.

I already put $20 down on the Ki-43, and the reason I buy so many different books is to research which is the most correct information available, last thing you want is something unhistorical added, and I hope to prevent that kind of mistake.
It might take 3 months to add a plane, but one small mistake could ruin it.
JG 52

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: March 25, 2012, 03:22:13 PM »
@Karnak
1) yes I did, and I admited the Ki-43 would be more used in AH. But thats not what we were talking about just then.
2) who cares? Its not like it would offer anything new over the A6M. It would still just be a turny bird. And moreover, it lacks the ability to dictate a fight, or even get into one if other fighters don't want to engage.

@Nrshida

Thats not what I do, but theres few posts in the wishlist asking for He-111's, and LaGG-3's, and other missing EW/MW stuff. A lot of it seems to be either changed settings or reworked systems, or else uber LW stuff, insignificant, or niche stuff like the Ki-43.

I make threads supporting my own suggestions, and I respond to valid criticism, and explain how despite those faults, the Panzer III would still be a good addition. Thats not what you guys have done here, I've genuinly been waiting to see how you guys can try to convince me on the Ki-43. Infact, I can think of several arguments for it right now, but I'll keep waiting to see if you guys can come up with them on your own.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: March 25, 2012, 03:40:51 PM »
Well don't take this personally young man, but no one has to convince you, that was really my point.

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: March 25, 2012, 04:30:50 PM »
I want to dogfight with AKAK's P-38J in it!  :rock

just use is its big brother the 84....does the job quite nicely :aok

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #94 on: March 25, 2012, 06:47:16 PM »
Interesting clip from a 1944 Japanese war movie featuring Ki-43s and Ki-21s against P-40s and Brewster Buffaloes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BXo-jWcGnw&feature=related
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2012, 11:52:42 AM »
Interesting clip from a 1944 Japanese war movie featuring Ki-43s and Ki-21s against P-40s and Brewster Buffaloes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BXo-jWcGnw&feature=related

I love that video. Good find  :cheers:

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: March 27, 2012, 12:09:52 AM »
Well don't take this personally young man, but no one has to convince you, that was really my point.

A point. But it is also true that its completly within my rights to try to educate you all as to what would be better to add than the Ki-43.

You don't have to convince me.
I can try to convince you.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #97 on: March 27, 2012, 12:13:26 AM »

A point. But it is also true that its completly within my rights to try to educate you all as to what would be better to add than the Ki-43.

As you think what would be better is a Panzer III you are clearly wrong.  That the Panzer III is your choice also indicates your judgement is so far off base in our opinions that we aren't going to meet anywhere in the middle.

I can think of things that would be arguably better to be added than the Ki-43, but none of them are GVs.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #98 on: March 27, 2012, 09:30:37 AM »

:lol

don't be offended if other people tell you where to go then with your panzer III.   
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Wofat

• Zinc Member
« Reply #99 on: March 27, 2012, 01:54:55 PM »
If I tell "World of Tank" game they need include more plane...they think I very silly.  :lol

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: March 27, 2012, 03:25:41 PM »

Perhaps people would be more receptive to your opinion if you indicated that were equally receptive to theirs. Does this sound like a reasonable proposition? 

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline AirLynx

• Copper Member
« Reply #101 on: March 27, 2012, 07:41:07 PM »
2) What fighter beats it in turning?
:bhead
While technically not a fighter, a D3A can beat a Zero in a turning fight, so I bet it could beat a Ki-43 as well.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: March 27, 2012, 08:04:22 PM »
As you think what would be better is a Panzer III you are clearly wrong.  That the Panzer III is your choice also indicates your judgement is so far off base in our opinions that we aren't going to meet anywhere in the middle.

I can think of things that would be arguably better to be added than the Ki-43, but none of them are GVs.

I never said the Panzer III would be a better choice overall. You said that I said that. I did, however, say that the Panzer III would be a better addition if historical significance was what we were going off of.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #103 on: March 27, 2012, 08:09:19 PM »

I never said the Panzer III would be a better choice overall. You said that I said that. I did, however, say that the Panzer III would be a better addition if historical significance was what we were going off of.
Historical significance counts for a lot, but it is not the only thing that counts.  The Panzer III's historical importance is largely negated by the fact that we have almost nothing to range it against to represent that history.

I'd like to see the Ki-43 because it was historically significant, has a decent range of scenarios in which it can be used with existing units in AH and it would be fun to fly.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: March 27, 2012, 08:59:16 PM »
It doesn't really negate it's significance, thats like saying that the historical significance of the Tiger II is negated by the fact that we don't have the IS-2, or Pershing. If anything, that lack exagerates the Tiger II's historical significance as the undisputed heavy-weight champion of the battlefield.

Right now, nothing we have can challenge it head on, and nothing could challenge it head on unless we went post-WWII, or into prototypes. But the Tiger II doesn't feel the lack, as the other tanks would only serve to highlight it's dominance, by going up against the best the enemy had, and beating it.

Now granted thats slightly different from the Panzer III, but the Panzer III's significance still wouldn't be lessened by the lack of other tanks. It's legacy isn't one of dominating the battlefield, but one of overcoming superior tanks to carry the wermacht to victory. The lack of other tanks would really only be felt in the North Afrika setups.