Author Topic: Aces High - Kill Emil  (Read 765 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Aces High - Kill Emil
« on: March 16, 2012, 04:12:43 PM »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Re: Aces High - Kill Emil
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 04:43:10 PM »
 :O :D
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 07:32:41 PM »
 :aok Hey that was neat Dolby! I like the music score especially the "old west" theme in the beginning. It was almost like watching weekend late night television hehehe Very nicely done.
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 09:07:49 PM »
Yea? I can kill in offline mission too.  :noid

WTG Dolby.  :aok  :D

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 01:36:56 PM »
Thanks, I'm glad you like.  :D
JG5 "Eismeer"

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 02:33:29 PM »
oh great now I will HAVE to watch kill bill again, thank you very much mister dolby ¬¬

Great video man!  :D
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 11:53:25 PM »
oh great now I will HAVE to watch kill bill again, thank you very much mister dolby ¬¬

Great video man!  :D
You were only going to watch Kill Bill again for it's awesomeness anyway  :neener:

JG5 "Eismeer"

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 02:37:38 AM »
That was really good!  Loved the music, good action especially near the end.

I think you could have made it better in two main ways:  Quicker transition from intro to main sequence at the start... nothing is more boring, especially to a non-enthusiast of AH, than an airplane slowly taxiing out of the hanger, then slowly showing an incomprehensible not-very-realistic-looking instrument panel, then more slow taxiing down the runway.  What you did would be ok for a 20-minute film, but not a 5-minute.  For example, at 0:15, start with the plane out of hanger footage.  0:19 - Runway, skip instrument panel/cockpit view, 0:24ish - "Codename Dolby" takeoff clip, skip landing gear retracting, alter times up to a second here or there to fit with music.  The "Chapter 1" title is on the screen for 14 seconds.  I'd do more like 5-8.  You don't want to wait for a nice time to start Ironside, its more dramatic if it butts in unexpectedly.  And the flyby during Ironside would have been way better not obstructed by trees :lol .

Secondly, there needed to be a few more transitions between aircraft at the beginning, I would have loved to have some confusion about what was happening, similar to the confusion when one is unexpectedly jumped in the main arenas... quick cuts from one aircraft to the other could have done that.  I would have transitioned from aircraft to aircraft more often, for example 2:24 is just asking for an extra clip instead of just the one.

Right after that starting around 2:30ish, I thought you really did a good job transitioning between shots.  And after about 3:30, you did a great job of it, so much that it makes me want to link this on my Facebook to show my friends what they're missing by not flying Aces High.  4:11 was downright inspired and I'm going to steal that shot some day :aok .  I do wish you showed the crash into the ground a lot longer for dramatic impact (pun intended).

Finally, the video capture quality was "mushy", or at least mushier than I feel you could get capturing uncompressed full-screen with Fraps.  That's minor and maybe unavoidable though.

I really really like this video, and the only reason I bother breaking it down like this is because of the obvious time and care you put into making it.  Its unlike just about any other videos here, you really did surprise me with it.  Well done!
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2012, 03:13:54 PM »
 :salute Boilerdown
JG5 "Eismeer"