Author Topic: The Dog Fighters Club Dueling Ladder SEASON 2 Announcement  (Read 2323 times)

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
The Dog Fighters Club Dueling Ladder SEASON 2 Announcement
« on: March 16, 2012, 06:04:31 PM »
ATTENTION ALL DOG FIGHTERS CLUB Members And Anyone Wishing to Join the Dog Fighters Club's Dueling Ladder!!!

Season 2 of The Dog Fighters Club Dueling Ladder will begin on April 7th, 2012.

Initial ladder placement will be by random draw.  To be included in this initial random draw all fighters MUST CHECK IN inside the CHECK IN thread in the Dog Fighters Club Forum NO LATER then March 31st, 2012.

Anyone who checks in after March 31st, 2012 will be placed at the bottom of the ladder.  You MUST check in using the correct thread to be included in the initial ladder placement.

Inactive members are encouraged to Check In as well, confirming your inactive status and your BBS and In Game names.  This will insure that you maintain access permissions to the DFC forum.

Anyone wishing to join the DFC's Dueling Ladder can request to join in this thread and access will be granted to the DFC Forum.  Or send a PM to Ink, PFactorDave, or Slash27 to request access.

ALSO:  During Season 2, we will be enforcing the minimum duels rule.  All participants MUST compete in a minimum of 1 duel per month.  Failure to duel will result in dropping 3 ranks in the ladder automatically.  These ladder demotions will occur on the 7th of each month, no exceptions.  You duel, or your rank drops.  The demotions will occur from the bottom of the ladder upwards.  The enforcement of this rule is intended to keep the ladder constantly in motion throughout the ranks.

A reminder of the rules.

Dueling Ladder General Rules: Season 2, Starting April 7th 2012

1. May challenge up to 4 spots above on the ladder.
2. May issue challenges up to 3 times per week, no repeat challenges.
3. Challenges shall be posted in the Ladder Thread, but PM's are encouraged.
4. Challenges may not be declined. A mutually agreeable time must be agreed upon and
occur within a one week time span from the issuance of the challenge. Failure to complete
a challenge will result in an automatic loss for the Challengee.
5. Results must be posted in the Ladder Thread by the loser, as simple as "I lost" or a
complete writeup... have fun with it.
6. Record film from takeoff until 5 seconds past the kill message.  Victor must be in
controlled flight for these 5 seconds, at which point they must auger, ditch or bail.
7. The winner of the challenge will retain the higher ranked rung, loser will retain lower rung.
8. At least one challenge per month must be issued or a player will be considered inactive.
Inactive players will drop three rungs per month per ADS*
   a. If you have defended a Challenge within the week, you do not need to initiate a Challenge for purposes of
ADS.
9. Initial rankings will be based on random draw. New players joining after this draw will be
placed at the bottom of the ladder.
10. The top spot may challenge anyone else on the ladder and is not limited by the 3 slot
rule. If they lose they switch rungs with the winner.
11. A Ladder software program will be utilized to test it's feasibility. For now it will be
handled manually.
   a. Wins and loses will be displayed by date/time of duel.
   b. A ranking system based off  wins and loses will be given.

Dueling Ladder Rules of Engagement

1. All duels will occur in the DA in the low, mid or high alt field areas.
2. Number of fights is determined by the rung of the challenger
  a.  Ranked 20+  will be best of 3.
  b.  Ranked 6 - 19 will be best of 5.
  c.  Ranked 1 - 5 will be best of 7.
3. The Challenger has choice of the first plane, loser subsequently.
   a. Only fighters may be chosen.
   b. Fuel will be 25% - if both run out of fuel, the duel will be re-done.
   c. Guns/ammo loadout personal choice unless mutually agreed upon. No restrictions on emptying
ammo.
4. Challenger will have initial choice of fields to use, then loser subsequently. 
   a. There will be a +3k above chosen field altitude, pre-icon alt-cap. For example if the
fields are 2k, the alt-cap is 5k.
   b. Neither may exceed this alt-cap until icon is acquired, at which point pilots may begin
maneuvering and anything goes.
5. HO's are not expressly forbidden, but excessive use may result in ejection from the
ladder. Front Quarter shots are what they are, deal with it.****
6. Neither may extend beyond 2.5k icon range from their opponent. Doing so results in an
automatic loss.
7. Collisions at initial merge result in a draw and shall be re-fought. Collisions after the
initial merge shall stand, unless both parties agree to a do-over.
8.  Disconnects will be considered a random mechanical failure and result in the loss of
that fight.but there is nothing prohibiting the two from agreeing to re-fight, but it's the non-disco person's choice.
9. F3 mode... don't even - auto ejection from ladder.

Dueling Ladder TOP DOGs (Rungs 1 - 3)  Rules

1. First player to win 3 consecutive matches moves to Rung #3
2. First player to win 4 consecutive matches moves to Rung #2
3. First player to win 5 consecutive matches moves to TOP DOG, Rung #1
4. This gives all players a chance at the start of the season an opportunity to obtain these
positions. Once the TOP DOG rungs have been filled, all players must win their way up the
ladder in typical challenge fashion.

* Automatic Degradation System: All Ladder Duelers must Duel at least once per month in
order to maintain their place. For every month they do not Duel, they will move down 3
rungs. Example: If the order of the Duelers is INK,Prono,Irishone,Zoney,Debrody.... and
INK and Irishone do not duel in that month, the new order would be Prono,  Zoney, INk,
Debrody, Irishone,

****  More on the "HO" shot......this Ladder is for those of us that enjoy a fight, for those of
us who want to get better at ACM, to be able to fight those that you may not get a chance
to in the arenas without being horded.....so if we as a Dueling community feel someone is
not here for the right reasons. i.e.,  a good fight.....and they choose to just HO every fight
without any ACM....an ejection thread will be started we will try to encourage this individual
to change his ways if they still refuse and just HO every fight they will be ejected from the
Ladder. Again, the HO shot is just a coin toss.....it has NO PLACE in a dueling Ladder
where good fights are expected.

GET INTO THE DFC FORUM AND CHECK IN FOR SEASON 2 NOW!!!

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: The Dog Fighters Club Dueling Ladder SEASON 2 Announcement
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 09:01:27 PM »
guys who love the fight.....good times to be had :rock

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 01:22:15 PM »
+1    :aok
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Tordon22

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 01:40:45 PM »
Who were the top 5 of season 1?

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 01:46:29 PM »
Who were the top 5 of season 1?

Season isn't officially over yet, the top five as of March 6th are:

Top Dog Bruv
2nd Sunsfan                                                                     
3rd  Shane                               
4th Simon                                   
5th IrishOne                               

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 09:22:41 AM »
I think I fought about 7 or 8 duels last season and everyone was a good one.

The standard of sportsmanship in the DFC is second to none in my experience. Every fight more than fair and both competitive and friendly which is rare.

I would advise anyone who wants to improve thier dog fighting skills to sign up. 
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 05:00:51 PM »
Not like I have room to talk but I thought the first rule of fight club was...don't talk about fight club. I forgot what the second rule was. But since I don't make the rules... :banana: :bolt:

Boo

No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 06:34:48 PM »
Not like I have room to talk but I thought the first rule of fight club was...don't talk about fight club. I forgot what the second rule was. But since I don't make the rules... :banana: :bolt:

Boo

that was the first lame rule I threw out :aok

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2012, 07:43:10 PM »
I'd like to take part in the fights, as long as I can do it on my intermittent schedule.

I haven't seen much drama over this ladder and it definitely has peaked my interest.   :aok
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2012, 07:48:05 PM »
I'd like to take part in the fights, as long as I can do it on my intermittent schedule.

I haven't seen much drama over this ladder and it definitely has peaked my interest.   :aok

I have added you to the DFC forum.  Please Check In for Season 2 in the stickied thread.  Intermittent is ok as long as you understand that by the rules you must duel at least once per month and you must accept challenges from other participants.  

I don't expect any problems as long as you go into it with those understandings.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 09:25:24 PM by PFactorDave »

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2012, 09:13:56 PM »
I have added you to the DFC forum.  Please Check In for Season 2 in the stickied thread.  Intermittent is ok as long as you understand that by the rules you must duel at least once per month and you must accept challenges from other participants. 

I don't expect any problems as long as you go into with those understandings.

DOH I thought he was on the forum :o

sorry DEL totally my fault

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2012, 09:42:06 PM »
DOH I thought he was on the forum :o

sorry DEL totally my fault

I asked to be removed, quietly, a long time ago because of some of the drama. It looks like that is the thing of the past and I hope to die horribly and be at the very bottom of the ladder.  :D
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline bacon8tr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2012, 09:54:13 PM »
I want in  :x

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2012, 09:57:03 PM »
I want in  :x

You have been added to the DFC Forum.  Please Check In by posting the required info in the Season 2 Check In thread stickied near the top.  Be sure to read and understand the rules.  And a reminder to all who are interested, save the drama for your mama.  DFC is about the fight.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2012, 12:50:02 AM »
I asked to be removed, quietly, a long time ago because of some of the drama. It looks like that is the thing of the past and I hope to die horribly and be at the very bottom of the ladder.  :D

I wont take no crap...if you cause drama(not you...anyone) they will be gone as quick as it takes to hit delete.

some very good fights to be had...... very tough opponents  :rock