Author Topic: Disappointed  (Read 3580 times)

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
Re: Disappointed
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2012, 02:11:37 PM »
you've proven again and again that you have no clue what you are talking about.    can't wait to hear the gem you post in response to this.

Fix    Your     sp ac  e bar        :devil
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2012, 02:14:37 PM »
IM not gonna lie I stay in the horde a good bit simply becasue Im not good  enough to  fight  1v1  with Consistant Sucsess. I think Semp was tying to point my horde inhabitants  aren't the  greatest out there.
post your data that the 12 hour switch stops from you from finding a fight.  if this was true we would have hundreds of people coming here whining about being stuck in a country with no fights.  but as it is there's perhaps 15 to 20 that whine once or twice a week on their "i cant find a fight" thread.

semp

for a new guy that is cool beans...but for guys that have been here a few years or more its just lame.....semp is a perfect example he likes to vulch and gang...to him that's a fight  :rofl

I will say this..... if you stay in the hoard you will most likely never be able to do good in a 1vs1...and absolutely never be able to win a 1vs multiples......

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2012, 02:18:31 PM »
post your data that the 12 hour switch stops from you from finding a fight.  if this was true we would have hundreds of people coming here whining about being stuck in a country with no fights.  but as it is there's perhaps 15 to 20 that whine once or twice a week on their "i cant find a fight" thread.

semp

He never stated his views were different to yours, he asked you a question. You do not even know his opinion on this you have assumed it right or wrong and that shows were your head is at even down to your reasoning, it is based on an factless assumption, an opinion, and worse, one that cannot tolerate someone else's opinion.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2012, 02:31:33 PM »
for a new guy that is cool beans...but for guys that have been here a few years or more its just lame.....semp is a perfect example he likes to vulch and gang...to him that's a fight  :rofl

I will say this..... if you stay in the hoard you will most likely never be able to do good in a 1vs1...and absolutely never be able to win a 1vs multiples......

There's only 3-4 guys that can beat Semp.  :devil On a serious note while you disagree with his  style, there is  no reason to completely fly off the handle. Yes, Semp is not  very good  at conveying his  ideas and I am not that  much better but I do think some things get blown out of  proportion and misconstrued as it were
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2012, 02:32:47 PM »

perhaps i never aim to be good at this game.  I have no skill whatsoever, but I have lots of fun.  funny thing is when i flew the spit8 I would nail more than my share of multiples of 1v1.  and oh the whine about getting rid of the training wheels.  and that was after coming from flying the zeke and which I would do the same.  then I realized i was more concentrating into killing crap than actually enjoying the game.  I fly what I fly because it's fun for me.  I dont really care about perks or points as they are all meaningless.

I dont pay 15 bucks a month and spend 3k on my puter to have some skill.  I spend it because i want to have fun.  so fi that bothers you then so be it.  you play your game the way you want.  just like the rest of us.

perhaps if you really want to know what I do when i play you are more than welcome to come and join and perhaps you will see that vulching and  hording is not exactly all I do.  hell I might even teach you how to find a small fight where there is none. as that is one skill you havent mastered yet.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2012, 02:34:14 PM »
 :bhead
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 02:39:11 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline newz

• Copper Member
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2012, 04:50:05 PM »
anyone here knows how to start up a hell storm at a base
That hasn't been my experience.
I've flown to bases and circled around at under 5k until i run out of gas
more times than i care to remember.

A 12 hour limit may be small potatoes to you but to my style of play it
can ruin my fun for the night.

Too bad HTC doesn't have some way to issue special switching rights
to those like myself who have a sense of fair play and good sportsmanship.
As with most things in life a few bad apples always spoil it for the majority.

Addicted since tour 62.
Formerly "soupkaan", "soupcan", "LTARsoup", "LTARnewz", "Kamito", "newz"

"ENY is the price of admission for your "loyalty"".-Soulyss

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2012, 04:55:00 PM »
That hasn't been my experience.
I've flown to bases and circled around at under 5k until i run out of gas
more times than i care to remember.

Lately doing this is just giving somebody a chance to win the 88mm Air Kill Lottery.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2012, 05:34:59 PM »
perhaps i never aim to be good at this game.  I have no skill whatsoever, but I have lots of fun.  funny thing is when i flew the spit8 I would nail more than my share of multiples of 1v1.  and oh the whine about getting rid of the training wheels.  and that was after coming from flying the zeke and which I would do the same.  then I realized i was more concentrating into killing crap than actually enjoying the game.  I fly what I fly because it's fun for me.  I dont really care about perks or points as they are all meaningless.

I dont pay 15 bucks a month and spend 3k on my puter to have some skill.  I spend it because i want to have fun.  so fi that bothers you then so be it.  you play your game the way you want.  just like the rest of us.

perhaps if you really want to know what I do when i play you are more than welcome to come and join and perhaps you will see that vulching and  hording is not exactly all I do.  hell I might even teach you how to find a small fight where there is none. as that is one skill you havent mastered yet.
semp

spit 8....hahaha

nothing you do bothers me...... except when you spout off at the chops at what you clearly are clueless on.
which is this whole 12 hour switch time, plus many other things I have read from you......

when I play a game I want to be the best I can be....not just in games but everything and anything I do in life.....to me being decent at what I very much enjoy is fun....... besides the fact.....I have fun fighting red guys for my kills not green :aok

There's only 3-4 guys that can beat Semp.  :devil On a serious note while you disagree with his  style, there is  no reason to completely fly off the handle. Yes, Semp is not  very good  at conveying his  ideas and I am not that  much better but I do think some things get blown out of  proportion and misconstrued as it were

ummm that was far....far.....far..... from flying off the handle..... :O

man oh man you would  hate to see me really go off...... :rofl

he is off his rocker and has no clue as to what he is saying that's for sure.

edit.......

maybe I am rough around the edges...sorry if I offended ya semp.....I say what is on my mind...good or bad.....that is one thing you can always count on me for.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 05:40:40 PM by ink »

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2012, 09:42:13 PM »
post your data that the 12 hour switch stops from you from finding a fight.  if this was true we would have hundreds of people coming here whining about being stuck in a country with no fights.  but as it is there's perhaps 15 to 20 that whine once or twice a week on their "i cant find a fight" thread.

semp

I never said that.

What I will say that I have had issues with...and a few others have said as well...I may jump on and switch to what is currently lower number side/or just to fly with friends, but when the off hours hit (and they do for me since I am in Hawaii) I may be stuck on the side with the numbers and there is little to no air to air action.  You can feel free to search the bbs for those statements.

Last night was a good example of that, Silat and I had to fly two sectors to a fight between rooks and bish, just to find any sort of semblance of air to air combat.  So, yeah, we found a fight, just a bit rediculous to have to fly two sectors to do it, when we could have went bish/rooks and been right in the middle of it.  We ended up logging after two of those flights...guess its a good thing we pay by the month and not hour of flight time eh?

Sure, we could have gone and shot up some toolsheds and outhouses...but that just isnt our thing.  You can have that....

Having said that, I am still waiting for you data for the facts you were speaking of?  Or do you always talk like a woman in absolutes (everyone this, always that, never this, etc...) and speak of your opinion like it is an actual fact that everyone should already know?  That is fine as well, gives me a better mental image of what is sitting behind your keyboard...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 09:48:26 PM by killnu »
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2012, 09:52:21 PM »
There seems to be a dynamic to side switching by those who complain the most against the 12 hour rule that is not coming out in these endless posts.

I will venture that switching at will is the real holy grail becasue the 3 country war dynamics change inside of 60 minutes from 2 country front to 2 country front around the maps during prime time. Like a surfer's pursit of the perfict set following weather fronts down a coast the side switchers want to be able to chase the ebb and flow of the fights. As the evening progresses they get left high in the parking lot of a beach that setteled into a calm with no way to chase the weather front becasue of the 12 hour rule. The fight they may want to chase has moved off to the back end of the map between the other two countires.

So for these true hard core fight chasers who probably have a gazillion perks to burn. Let them change sides once every 30 minutes or an hour for 100-300 perks. Some of them are then going to pay close to that to poach the cannon fodder in 262's for the next hour becasue the weather front of their last fight set moved on. As for the rest of those joining into the forum complaint line. It will be very costly just to switch sides to take advantage of strategic situations. And some people like to join in group complaints over things they didn't know they were missing in the first place.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2012, 09:55:15 PM »
Let them change sides once every 30 minutes or an hour for 100-300 perks.

Best idea I've yet seen in these 12-hour threads.

- oldman (note that AvA has no restriction on side switching)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2012, 09:59:56 PM »
There seems to be a dynamic to side switching by those who complain the most against the 12 hour rule that is not coming out in these endless posts.

I will venture that switching at will is the real holy grail becasue the 3 country war dynamics change inside of 60 minutes from 2 country front to 2 country front around the maps during prime time. Like a surfer's pursit of the perfict set following weather fronts down a coast the side switchers want to be able to chase the ebb and flow of the fights. As the evening progresses they get left high in the parking lot of a beach that setteled into a calm with no way to chase the weather front becasue of the 12 hour rule. The fight they may want to chase has moved off to the back end of the map between the other two countires.

So for these true hard core fight chasers who probably have a gazillion perks to burn. Let them change sides once every 30 minutes or an hour for 100-300 perks. Some of them are then going to pay close to that to poach the cannon fodder in 262's for the next hour becasue the weather front of their last fight set moved on. As for the rest of those joining into the forum complaint line. It will be very costly just to switch sides to take advantage of strategic situations. And some people like to join in group complaints over things they didn't know they were missing in the first place.

You can have every perk I've ever earned for that deal.  When you only get a few hours a week to fly, being able to bounce to the fight is a great help.  I could care less about the war, taking bases, changing the map or whatever.  Being able to get to the fight without burning up the little time I have to fly would be nice.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2012, 10:21:52 PM »

So for these true hard core fight chasers who probably have a gazillion perks to burn. Let them change sides once every 30 minutes or an hour for 100-300 perks.

If that were implemented I could finally use some perks ..... yeah i know I could up a perk ride too and that would certainly burn them ...but I can't use fast planes, I always end up in the ground ..well 90% of the time... I have tried moving about to find the big red dars of late... if I could get more time during american prime it would be a different story but as I only get to go up against the graveyard shift sometimes 2 changes would be good but not available at present .....

I should add I'm not disappointed...it would be nice to chase the big red dars as the times change and the side numbers change but I still find fun and if I don't....I go do something else.... I'm lucky though as I get more than my fair share of hours to play this game
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 10:29:21 PM by SPKmes »

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2012, 01:11:48 AM »
Sound like a great idea bustr...seeing that I do not fly a 262 all the time (as your post alludes: those who switch do so to only fly perk planes = falsehood), that will work out well.

Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++