Author Topic: Disappointed  (Read 3586 times)

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
Re: Disappointed
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2012, 03:37:33 AM »
if that was true then why were the numbers not even back when we had a 2 hour switch?  fact is most people switched to horde with whichever country was hording at the time.  some people did switch to low side but most switched just to horde.  I still remember seeing the numbers go up for whichever country was about to win the war.  it never failed.

semp

Yes you did see that. What typically happened was the new guys would switch thinking they were ending up with free perks. I think HTC had put a time limit that you have to be at the winning side for a certain amount of time to collect the perkies. Besides, if perk points are what you are playing for, then switch to the lowest country when the map is just about to reset and up a high eny ride like the 205 and just watch how you can double the perk rewards to winning the war.

One man's trash is another's gold and switching to the lowest country just before a reset is(was) a blast for me as well as a few others. Problem here is that 1 or 2 dorks ruined the side switching option for the guys that used it for good intentions and IMO, the 12 hour rule is just downright silly.

****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2012, 05:57:50 AM »
My guess is that HTC staff had better things to do than police the complaints about poor sportsmanship and griefers.  They inserted the 12 hour rule and now only have to listen to the complaints about not enough fights.

What would you do, considering the number must have been the determining factor:  haxxors  :devil  vs.  whiners   :mad:  (Of course, I don't consider either side to be a hack or whiner, but just inserting some humor; <<  lawyered up)

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2012, 08:59:54 AM »
I think HTC had put a time limit that you have to be at the winning side for a certain amount of time to collect the perkies.

My guess is that HTC staff had better things to do than police the complaints about poor sportsmanship and griefers.  They inserted the 12 hour rule and now only have to listen to the complaints about not enough fights.

HTC stated in a post not long after the change, that after they removed the split LW arenas and went back to a single arena, they forgot to change the country-switch time back to 12 hours as it had been before the LW arena split.  Nothing more, nothing less.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2012, 09:10:13 AM »
see but if you were able to switch at will, you can go to the other country and bam get killed as soon as you up too :).  get used to about 10 to 15 guys whining about not being able to switch to get easier kills.

semp

you've proven again and again that you have no clue what you are talking about.    can't wait to hear the gem you post in response to this.
-AoM-

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2012, 09:34:12 AM »
   Compromise Gents and ask for a 5 or 6 hour time limit.  :cool: Would we like 2 LW Arenas with Caps put back in?

I do remember side switchers that would try to Game the Game. Not many but enough to ruin fights for others. I often avoid areas of uneven Dar Bars unless it's more Red. Upping against the odds is the fun of a game with no real consequences.
   For the OP: If you just logged in and wanted to switch YOU CAN. You just can't switch back right away, make your decision carefully.  :aok
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2012, 10:18:33 AM »
   Compromise Gents and ask for a 5 or 6 hour time limit.  :cool: Would we like 2 LW Arenas with Caps put back in?

I do remember side switchers that would try to Game the Game. Not many but enough to ruin fights for others. I often avoid areas of uneven Dar Bars unless it's more Red. Upping against the odds is the fun of a game with no real consequences.
   For the OP: If you just logged in and wanted to switch YOU CAN. You just can't switch back right away, make your decision carefully.  :aok

6 hours would not be awful, but not as good as 2 hours (even tough I prefer 1 hour)

12 hours is the same as 24 to me, with a possible exception for the weekends.

If I switch at 6PM, local time, that means that I cannot switch until 6AM the next morning by which time, I am leaving for work and obviously cannot play until I get home at 6PM that evening, effectively making it a 24 hour side switch for me.  I cannot imagine that there are ot a lot of folks in the same position that I am with regard to having a job and not being able to play during most weekday hours.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2012, 10:22:47 AM »
I like the idea of a short 1 hour limit to switch to the low number country, but a longer limit to switch to a high number country.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2012, 10:28:15 AM »

As long as it's been more than 12 hours since the last switch. Just logging back into the arena won't reset the switch time to zero.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2012, 11:19:06 AM »
Enough with the horde whine.
Time limit was changed because of spy whinning. The side effect is that fewer people jump sides in search of cheap perk rides and fights leading to more frequent cases of lop-sided numbers.

:rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2012, 11:32:00 AM »
Enough with the horde whine.
Time limit was changed because of spy whinning. The side effect is that fewer people jump sides in search of cheap perk rides and fights leading to more frequent cases of lop-sided numbers.

Hitech said the reason for the change was not spying, but because "this is the way it used to be in the one arena set up"

:X

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2012, 01:55:22 PM »
as grizz said those of you thats been around for more than 5 years know that the switch time use to be 12 hours.

with that said its done for the good of the game. if you want to switch sides suck it up and know you will be there for 12 hours.

Newz nothing meant bad here buddy

i just dont see why we should be complaining about something so little.

anyone here knows how to start up a hell storm at a base
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2012, 02:01:30 PM »
News, the horders complained when people switched to fight against them, apparently HiTech caved to the whines. It is what it is.

how the counter whine campaign working ut for ya?  :uhoh
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2012, 02:03:06 PM »
Deacking undefended bases late at night is not considered a fight to most people.

I coulddan sworn i killed many of them at that base.  it was actually a pretty good small fight for an hour or two.  and them pesky fighters kept upping trying to stop us from taking the base after it turned from a furball into a base take.  you just got there at the end when i wanted to make sure the 88 couldnt reach the town as they killed a goon before.  :salute

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2012, 02:09:22 PM »
"fact is most people switched to horde with whichever country was hording at the time."

Could you please post your factual data on this?  Or is this in fact your opinion on the matter?

post your data that the 12 hour switch stops from you from finding a fight.  if this was true we would have hundreds of people coming here whining about being stuck in a country with no fights.  but as it is there's perhaps 15 to 20 that whine once or twice a week on their "i cant find a fight" thread.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2012, 02:10:26 PM »

:rofl :rofl

you have no clue you spout and spout but nothing comes out.

easier kills :rofl

I switch whenever the green guys out number drastically the red.... how is that trying to get easy kills....rhetorical question :rolleyes:

just because YOU would do that does not mean every one switching does. :aok

IM not gonna lie I stay in the horde a good bit simply becasue Im not good  enough to  fight  1v1  with Consistant Sucsess. I think Semp was tying to point out horde inhabitants aren't the greatest out there.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 02:12:44 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep