Author Topic: tankers  (Read 709 times)

Offline FearDeth

• Zinc Member
tankers
« on: March 19, 2012, 01:17:34 PM »
was thinking of opening up a tanker squad, soley devoted to tankin, m3's and such..gv's only, lvt's,,just lookin for a responce on this before i go ahead and do it, website,, the whole thing,,

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: tankers
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 01:22:32 PM »
Sir good luck with the sqaud...only other one I can personally think of that would be close to the one your starting would have been the LTARs but I'm not sure if they are still around.

:salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 01:46:49 PM »
we are here still kicking. kind of just laying low waiting for our time to shine again  :D
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline j500ss

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 01:57:34 PM »

Just something to check out for ya 

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,330194.0.html

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 01:59:49 PM »
If you need any tips or insights on tanking drop me a PM, also have a training section up in the Training forums.
JG 52

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 02:02:51 PM »
I think its been done already I saw a thread in the squad forums about a GV squad

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 02:07:48 PM »
When they upgrade to the M60A3 I'm in. Something about that mediocre beast gets me. I love mine! Anyway, I know we will never get this beast so...I hope your efforts go well. It would be fun to attempt a dedicated GV squad, shortly followed by a dedicated close air support (CAS) squad.

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 02:50:47 PM »
I still fly a good bit.  But my squad is a GV squad. And you are welcome anytime!!!  My biggest problem is I'm not on. much these days, work season is upon me!  I can send you an invite if you would like tho, next time I'm on,  my close air support squad is G-3 MF.  I try to work with them as much as I can and as far as support goes, they are the best!!!!!

I'm on vox 215 most of the time if you see me on, repost here or on my thread if you would like an invite,  I need an XO for sure!!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline FearDeth

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 02:56:44 PM »
i appreciate that whiskey, i really do, but i was thinkin 100% gv squad, the kind we take bases, overwhelm a spawn camp, push and take it, dedicated..not like anything that has been done before, practices would consist of range finding, best terrain, and if we make a name for ourselfs, we'd have air support, ;) i know a few squads that have our back for sure,

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 02:56:58 PM »
I still fly a good bit.  But my squad is a GV squad. And you are welcome anytime!!!  My biggest problem is I'm not on. much these days, work season is upon me!  I can send you an invite if you would like tho, next time I'm on,  my close air support squad is G-3 MF.  I try to work with them as much as I can and as far as support goes, they are the best!!!!!

I'm on vox 215 most of the time if you see me on, repost here or on my thread if you would like an invite,  I need an XO for sure!!
215?  you know that's a cross country channel?
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline FearDeth

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 03:03:15 PM »
lol m60?? wasnt that a vietnam era puppy?

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 03:07:19 PM »
215?  you know that's a cross country channel?
Yes sir I do.   I did mess that up tho.  It's 252.  Not 215.  My bad,, I use  it because I have freinds on all sides and like for them to be able to reach me!!! Also. When we are not GVing we may not be on the same side, I hope to have squad nights were we all function together as a GV only squad and all on one side, but my experiance has shown there is not enough to do as a GV only squad all the time! Even LTARs fly, but when they shine, they do so on the ground!
IMO a dedicated GV only( all the time) squad takes half the game out of the equasion and members will lose interest so I don't want to restrict anyone to only GV all the time!!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 03:09:28 PM by WWhiskey »
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Nutzoid

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2012, 03:10:28 PM »
lol m60?? wasnt that a vietnam era puppy?

Yeah the basic M60 was a product of the 60's, but by the time of the M60A3 (late 70's early 80's) many changes had been made to the fire control system and the gun tube. I was on an M60A1 Rise Passive in the late 70's early 80's. Just about the time the XM1 made its appearance.  :) Started out on the M60, mid 70's.  :aok

Nutz
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 03:15:03 PM by Nutzoid »
C co. 1st Bn 7 CAV 1st Cav Div  " Garry Owen"

Offline FearDeth

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2012, 03:14:54 PM »
yep its a fine line, i wouldnt expect too many squad members lol..see this is a very good point you just raised, i cant bolt them down to be 100% commited to tankin, yet it would be a tankin squad,, grrf,, many have tried huh? lol, well im hopin that theres a few that are tankers,,i'd love to here from them,

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2012, 04:07:28 PM »
When LTAR first started we were a GV only squad.

the squad remained that way for a long time, and we were the only squad to be a GV only squad.

with the way the game is now, it is VERY HARD to remain a GV only squad.

Yes LTAR flys now. it only makes it that much more fun to play.

back in the day to take a base with only GVs was the best thing you could do.

now a days its almost impossible to do so.

good luck with your squad i hope for the best in your adventures. just remember one thing it does not happen over night. it took LTARs years to become known as we where back in the day 

Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey