Author Topic: Getting rid of my demon - whole computer - runs this game max at 60fps  (Read 7214 times)

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
Re: Getting rid of my demon - whole computer - runs this game max at 60fps
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 07:30:22 PM »
Hate to be hard here but if she really loves you it don't matter what you do or troughs in your face . I know my X all way's complaned but she was right there on her FB page the hole time . I wish you two the best at what ever you guy's do .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 07:51:13 PM »
Hate to be hard here but if she really loves you it don't matter what you do or troughs in your face . I know my X all way's complaned but she was right there on her FB page the hole time . I wish you two the best at what ever you guy's do .

been with my wife 20 years.....she don't like AH but would never abandon me for it....personally I think his wife is just using it as an excuse.

if she is gonna leave you over this...she aint worth keeping.

good luck in whatever happens...but don't give up who you are for her because then you will have animosity towards her, and that is no way to live.
not sure if you guys have kids together...no matter what they will always be your kids, that will not change.

reading more I see you say,  "you needed to get her "permission" to take money out of your account"....seems like she is the typical I am the boss wife....I would bet money she has an account that you don't know about.

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2012, 07:54:43 PM »
Very well said ink . That's that I'm talking about and I bet your right about the other account too . I know there are women out there that would love just to be with you no mater what you are doing .

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2012, 08:01:19 PM »
been with my wife 20 years.....she don't like AH but would never abandon me for it....personally I think his wife is just using it as an excuse.

good luck in whatever happens...but don't give up who you are for her because then you will have animosity towards her, and that is no way to live.
not sure if you guys have kids together...no matter what they will always be your kids, that will not change.

reading more I see you say,  "you needed to get her "permission" to take money out of your account"....seems like she is the typical I am the boss wife....I would bet money she has an account that you don't know about.

AH could be a big factor if that was all he ever did and ignored her, and the part about needing her permission, well a financial decision in the 1600 dollar range would get most any husband in trouble if done with no consultation with the wife.

I know TnDep a little and he doesn't seem to be the subservient husband type.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2012, 08:09:24 PM »
AH could be a big factor if that was all he ever did and ignored her, and the part about needing her permission, well a financial decision in the 1600 dollar range would get most any husband in trouble if done with no consultation with the wife.

I know TnDep a little and he doesn't seem to be the subservient husband type.

200$ was taken from what he said with out her permission......

and yes if all he ever did was play I do agree that would not be good,but he is no midway.....

the little clues I gleaned from what he wrote....I just don't see it.

just the fact that she left for playing a game speaks volumes.....if she loved him...she would have talked about this with him long before this happened.

if she did and he still ignored her...well he is getting what he deserves.

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2012, 08:16:51 PM »

Yeah and I don't see it with TnDep being a cop or rather a HP . It's just the way he put it ( Getting rid of my demon) .
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 08:18:39 PM by Flench »

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2012, 09:01:54 PM »
Yeah, your'e probably right, but a man needs to keep a bit of himself too and hobbies are important. I'm going with a moderation approach. I plan on flying from 6-8pm tonight MST, so I'll have dinner about done by the time she gets home at 5:30 and will watch some insipid TV show with her and the daughter afterwards.

But his hobby got into the way of his Marriage, hence this thread.   If he has ANY hope of winning her back, he's finally realized his OP, was what he needed to do.    I applaud him for trying to do the right thing.

-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2012, 09:40:18 PM »
Just my opinion (someone who has gone through it a couple times):

Chill out on the gaming, but it's not a reason to sell your PC.  Think of how many other things you need it for other than gaming.  It's just too drastic imo.  Every home should have a PC nowadays.  Best of luck man!
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2012, 10:02:40 PM »

Well, this was part of the same sentence so maybe the whole thing was done without her consult and she would be liable for the debt as well

"I took out the loan around December for 1500 and spent about 200 more out of my bank account without her permission just done it."

In any case, he knows his situation best.

Good luck TnDep.

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2012, 10:11:32 PM »
I hate to know I had to consult anyone in what I do I don't care who you are . Just saying .

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2012, 10:30:34 PM »
Yeah, your'e probably right, but a man needs to keep a bit of himself too and hobbies are important. I'm going with a moderation approach. I plan on flying from 6-8pm tonight MST, so I'll have dinner about done by the time she gets home at 5:30 and will watch some insipid TV show with her and the daughter afterwards.

hobbies mean nothing without your family.  My family will be my hobby for a long time... I'm praying everyday with tears and words to God to give me another chance...

reading more I see you say,  "you needed to get her "permission" to take money out of your account"....seems like she is the typical I am the boss wife....I would bet money she has an account that you don't know about.

I played aces high at one time when I got home until 3 in the morning....I didnt help do the kids baths....homework...or chores in the house....I didn't ask her how her day was at work and if there is anything that I can do for her.  It takes 2 and I neglected her.

She's worth keeping, a fantastic mother, a great wife if I showed her that I loved her, and thinks about other people before herself.  The best woman that I ever met.

As far as the bank accounts I know now that a marriage is a partnership and there shouldn't be 2 bank accounts only 1.  To take out any loan without your spouses permission is selfish and self centered and thats exactly what I was.  I was so blind.

Go buy the movie "fireproof" it opened up my eyes, I was so blind.
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2012, 10:34:42 PM »
I do pray thing's work out for ya TnDep <S> .

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2012, 10:36:53 PM »
If she's going to leave she's going to leave.  Even if she comes back for a while it won't go well for you.  I went through the breaking up and getting back together then breaking up then getting back together with a long time girlfriend once.  The underlying issues never left and we ended it once and for all but we remained friends.

Later, my wife of seven years blindsided me with "I want a divorce".  She hated that I played AW then AH so I'd force myself to watch stupid sitcoms with her on TV until she'd finally tell me to go play.  In the end she told me she was leaving because "you don't talk enough", not because I played games.  We've remained in touch periodically even though she's remarried.  When I was out of work for over a year she sent me a couple thousand dollars to help me out with no expectation of repayment.

IMO people have to accept one another for who and what they are without trying to change them then commit to it.  Without that it won't last anyway.  If it's meant to be it will be, if it's not it won't.  If not, try again.  Someone out there will accept you for who you are.  I'd let her go.  JMO.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2012, 10:37:33 PM »
Just my opinion (someone who has gone through it a couple times):

Chill out on the gaming, but it's not a reason to sell your PC.  Think of how many other things you need it for other than gaming.  It's just too drastic imo.  Every home should have a PC nowadays.  Best of luck man!

I have a laptop and she has a ipad.  I basically built this computer for gaming and its something I'm getting rid of.  It was my demon and it's gone

and yes if all he ever did was play I do agree that would not be good,but he is no midway.....

the little clues I gleaned from what he wrote....I just don't see it.

just the fact that she left for playing a game speaks volumes.....if she loved him...she would have talked about this with him long before this happened.

if she did and he still ignored her...well he is getting what he deserves.

absouletly I am getting what I deserved... she has said something before but Im a stubborn man like many before me...I however want to change myself to make my wife happy she married me.... Im doing everything I can and praying to God I get another chance to show her how much I do love her.
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2012, 10:48:32 PM »
Divorce is not inevitable. It takes effort to make it work. Let's face it, women are not like a nice car that you take good care of then park in the garage while you take the truck for a spin.

I applaud Tndep for shifting gears. I'm sorry many on this board have had such bad experiences. Half of my siblings are divorced. Not fun though the divorce didn't magically show up one morning. Took years of neglect to make it happen.

Just my two cents.

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton