Author Topic: Thoughts on "Bomber Bailers"  (Read 1299 times)

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Thoughts on "Bomber Bailers"
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2012, 09:32:37 AM »
Why wouldn't you do everything to stop a goon? I saved many bases by looking just for a C47 icon in the pack. Hell, I even rammed one after being out of ammo and PWed.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2012, 09:44:26 AM »
Why wouldn't you do everything to stop a goon? I saved many bases by looking just for a C47 icon in the pack. Hell, I even rammed one after being out of ammo and PWed.

Because when you shoot me down it makes me sad?
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2012, 12:32:43 PM »
What if bailing (from an airborne craft) automatically gives a victory to the closest enemy within x-K distance?

You already do.  If the player bails out and you're withing proximity range, you will get a proximity kill credit provided the player that bailed wasn't already damaged by another player.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Zodiac

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2012, 06:51:46 AM »
What if bailing (from an airborne craft) automatically gives a victory to the closest enemy within x-K distance?

I agree that it's lame, but I think the answer is rewarding safe landings more so than punishing/preventing/etc unwarranted bails.

Since there is an inexhaustible supply of virtual hardware, the only tangible mechanic preventing bailing out is the built in "Oh wait, I am not a sweetheartbag!" chip that some of us have installed (speaking strictly about turds bailing/crashing to avoid being shot down).

Heck, when I see you vectoring for my goon, I WANT to know who you are... you who are about to commit the E-quivalent of punching a kid on a short bus... because when I pay the gypsies to curse your man and/or girl part's functionality, THEY WANT A NAME.

:rofl   :aok
Member DFC
Quote from: Skuzzy
No cookie for you.
Quote from: Wiley
If they want to run to their ack or friendlies that's fine.  It's up to me to catch them and not get killed in the process if I can.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2012, 11:56:08 AM »
While I understand and respect your resaon for posting, I routinely bail from aircraft if there is nothing to fight with in the area.  I would rather shave 5-10 minutes off my time of flight getting into a tangle with some more red guys!

:salute

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2012, 03:15:17 PM »

I bail out if the fight I am flying to dies out, or I see a better fight on the map elsewhere...IE a bigger red dar.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2012, 03:21:36 PM »
Fair enough, just dive to high speed, pull up, shed wings then bail.  You're back in the tower 10 seconds later than if you bailed from level flight.

80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2012, 03:24:29 PM »
Fair enough, just dive to high speed, pull up, shed wings then bail.  You're back in the tower 10 seconds later than if you bailed from level flight.

this is true, and what I would do, if they made it so I couldn't bail from a plane with no damage.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2012, 07:25:59 PM »
Wow....you guys are good at gaming the game.

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2012, 07:41:52 PM »
Other than you, who really gives a rat's arse if someone bails out of a perfectly good airplane?  It doesn't effect anyone's game play so why whine and cry about nothing?

ack-ack
:aok

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2012, 07:43:19 PM »

:rofl

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2012, 08:22:40 PM »

I agree that it's lame, but I think the answer is rewarding safe landings more so than punishing/preventing/etc unwarranted bails.

Since there is an inexhaustible supply of virtual hardware, the only tangible mechanic preventing bailing out is the built in "Oh wait, I am not a sweetheartbag!" chip that some of us have installed (speaking strictly about turds bailing/crashing to avoid being shot down).

Heck, when I see you vectoring for my goon, I WANT to know who you are... you who are about to commit the E-quivalent of punching a kid on a short bus... because when I pay the gypsies to curse your man and/or girl part's functionality, THEY WANT A NAME.

The system does reward a proxy kill to the closest, but you have to essentially be in gun range to get the kill (I think its 1.5k)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2012, 10:38:56 PM »

look at my score and you will see a good number of bails.  they happen a lot over my own field when i realize I brought the wrong plane or forgot ords or whatever.  I will not turn around and land as it is a waste of time.  I also bail out when I have assignments to complete.  sometimes i got 3 or 4 fields that I need to pork ords just to stop or slow down the other country.  if I get hurt pretty bad or If it's faster to go auger and to make it to the next field, I'll auger dont really care if there's a plane in front of me or behind me or if there's none.

some people have called me out on that and well, i just tell them I am on a mission from god and that's that.  if anybody wants to tell me how to play they are welcome to send me an engagement ring and plan a ceremony, till then  :bolt:.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline bangsbox

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2012, 12:44:46 AM »
Other than you, who really gives a rat's arse if someone bails out of a perfectly good airplane?  It doesn't effect anyone's game play so why whine and cry about nothing?

ack-ack
i really does though. i go chasing a buff, hunting for a kill, setting up, planning attack then he bails, no perks :( lost fuel and mins of my life.

you should still get kill perks if they bail and prox range needs to be larger.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 12:47:17 AM by bangsbox »

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2012, 12:51:39 PM »

LOL
Wag more, bark less.