Author Topic: Spitdweeb: Or, what's wrong with flying the Spit?  (Read 7030 times)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: Spitdweeb: Or, what's wrong with flying the Spit?
« Reply #135 on: March 23, 2012, 05:10:35 PM »
I don't think Midway will let him checkout...sounds like Bruv may be getting sexually abused and held hostage
oh i understand now ------> http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=514_1332410485
Lighten up Francis

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #136 on: March 23, 2012, 09:37:17 PM »
As this could be deemed to be directed at my beloved Few,   Last tour (facts);

Total Kills in all Spitfire models    1465
Total kills in Spit 16                    163           :aok   :rolleyes:

Actually wasn't even thinking of the few when I wrote that comment. But its concevable that there are spitfire fanatics out there who aren't in the Few, you know  :rolleyes:.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #137 on: March 23, 2012, 09:44:22 PM »
ROFL...really....Mr. I need my K4 and anything less is a hanger queen.

In my view your a noob if you sit at the Tank spawn waiting for some unsuspecting person to spawn out, so you can set off the 4th of July fireworks display, whack them over the head and call it a tank battle. Then you other 20 countrymen at that spawn can all tell eachother how good of a tank battler you all are.

The only thing that makes a plane or tank dweebish is the person behind the controlls.

LOL!!! you really need to get your little rice-paper panties out of a bunch there. I pointed out your balsa wood Ki-43 isn't as hot as you would like us to think, so sue me.

Just because I enjoy tanking, and its my best skill in the game, doesn't mean I'm inept with fighters. And tank fights aren't limited to the spawns. But I guess twits like you without the brass to step into a real tank fight wouldn't know that, now would you.

And as to the K4, its the best 109, but its not even my favorite, the E/F-4 are. Its merely the best for many comparisons and illustrations, and so comes up a lot. Does the fact that the A6M and spitfire are brought up a lot in turn fighting mean that those who bring them up think everything else is a hanger queen? No, you idiot, it just means that the Zeke or Spit illustrates a point.

You stick to bumping threads with picture spamming, and I'll stick to my own business.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #138 on: March 23, 2012, 09:52:46 PM »
So your saying you agree that a 109 is easier then a spit?

109 is capable and easy if you know the plane.  A Spitfire is easy and capable if you don't know the plane.  Both are exceptional if it's an experienced pilot and they know the plane.

I'd give spit hands down win if it was 2 noobs of 1 day, 1 in a 109K and the other in a Spixteen were to go at it.

I'd also give the spit a hands down win if it was 2 noobs of 1 day and they were both trying to successfully land their plane with the gear and propeller intact.

That being said, I can't fly the spit for beans.  I can fake the 109 decently enough though.   :salute
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #139 on: March 23, 2012, 10:14:13 PM »
Always keep in mind that the other guy's plane is always better then yours and easier to fly.  That way when you beat him, you can claim to be a superior pilot, and when you lose you have an excuse :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #140 on: March 23, 2012, 10:17:35 PM »

The only thing that makes a plane or tank dweebish is the person behind the controlls.

Or if the plane is a Spit9, Spit16, or a Nik

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #141 on: March 23, 2012, 10:22:48 PM »

Would that mean I'm a double dweeb? :x

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #142 on: March 24, 2012, 12:40:10 AM »
Would that mean I'm a double dweeb? :x

sigh, where's that implied facepalm pix?

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,330878.msg4338861.html#msg4338861

followed shortly thereafter by....

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,330878.msg4338890.html#msg4338890

in this very thread, no less.   :bhead
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #143 on: March 24, 2012, 09:05:33 AM »
Always keep in mind that the other guy's plane is always better then yours and easier to fly.  That way when you beat him, you can claim to be a superior pilot, and when you lose you have an excuse :)

^Nail on the head.^

I love a quote I read a couple of weeks ago by LW type when I enquired about him flying Allied.
His quote...

We are used to disadvantages and enjoy winning despite of them. I would be embarrassed to lose this if I was Allied.
Plus, if I liked cakewalks I would've went with the squad name "Skill-less twits in Fast Rides."

The best part of this is he proudly displays a 262 in his avatar.  :lol

As far as Spits... I suck in them I never live long enough to get a kill much less RTB.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #144 on: March 24, 2012, 09:15:05 AM »
The Spitfire is too unstable for the way I fly. The stall I call the 'Sopwith Shuffle' is damn annoying. I sought solice in the 109s.

The Spitfire isn't dweeby, it's the fleshy n00by thing inside the C-pit that is.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Wayout

• Silver Member
« Reply #145 on: March 24, 2012, 09:16:00 AM »
OK, you all have convinced me.  I usually fly Hurricanes but I'm making April "Spit Dweeb Wanna-be" month.  A whole month of flying spits.

I just have one question.  For a non spit flyer which model would be the best to start with?

:airplane:

For most people the sky is the limit.  For a pilot the sky is home.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #146 on: March 24, 2012, 09:36:47 AM »
OK, you all have convinced me.  I usually fly Hurricanes but I'm making April "Spit Dweeb Wanna-be" month.  A whole month of flying spits.

I just have one question.  For a non spit flyer which model would be the best to start with?

Mk VIII is the one to start with, in my opinion.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #147 on: March 24, 2012, 09:46:25 AM »
I must be the worst Spit driver ever.  My all time K/D is 2-4 times higher in the FW190A-8 that it is in the Spit XVI.  I guess I'll just keep trying and trying and one day I'll figure that Spit out.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #148 on: March 24, 2012, 09:47:55 AM »

or if the plane is a 109k4,  LA7 or Brewster!
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #149 on: March 24, 2012, 09:49:19 AM »

good luck!    may the force be with you.   
The Few ***
F.P.H