Author Topic: Frame Rate  (Read 3361 times)

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: Frame Rate
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2012, 04:15:55 PM »
I think the point that's trying to be made is that some people (regardless of their machines) were running the game maxed out on settings, Hi Res, sliders to the max, shadows, detailed water and terrain and so on, and were getting FPS's of 59-60 consistently. Since the lattest series of patches, those same people have had a tendency to disco more, increase in FPS drops, stutters and overall just not a lot of fun playing the game in it's current state. That's what I think has led people to comment about their leaving.

Sounds to me like they were teetering on the edge of over-taxing their hardware, and the stuff introduced with the latest patches pushed them over the edge. Now their computer can no longer keep up with all the graphics data and also keep up with the network packets, etc. Whether they tried reducing the resolution, or the graphics quality sliders, I don't know. Maybe they refuse to reduce the eye candy and are too stubborn to admit their machines can no longer handle max graphics settings.

In any case, it seems logical that it is possible for reduced frame rates due to over-taxed hardware to affect ping times across the network. But frame rates are most definitely not the same as ping rates.  ;)
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Nutzoid

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2012, 06:38:17 PM »
Sounds to me like they were teetering on the edge of over-taxing their hardware, and the stuff introduced with the latest patches pushed them over the edge. Now their computer can no longer keep up with all the graphics data and also keep up with the network packets, etc. Whether they tried reducing the resolution, or the graphics quality sliders, I don't know. Maybe they refuse to reduce the eye candy and are too stubborn to admit their machines can no longer handle max graphics settings.

In any case, it seems logical that it is possible for reduced frame rates due to over-taxed hardware to affect ping times across the network. But frame rates are most definitely not the same as ping rates.  ;)

Usually I would agree with you Dot, but if you go back and read some of the other posts (1maddog1) you'll see that there are people with fairly high end machines that also are fighting low FR's at times.

Nutz
C co. 1st Bn 7 CAV 1st Cav Div  " Garry Owen"

Offline BERN1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2012, 06:45:45 PM »
I also seem to haver some Frame rate issues just recently also my squaddies were saying same thing other night
my machine is new to me and faster than my DELL but the fram rates stayed the same,even lowered some.i guess 3 grand for a computer is only way to have stable rates

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2012, 08:52:15 PM »
I too experience low frame rates in crowded areas. I am running hi-res with everything on and shadows at only 2048. I find it hard to believe my computer cant cut it in a crowded area.  :bhead

Asrock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3 mobo
I5-2500k
16Gig of ram (1600)
Win7 64 Bit
Radeon HD 6950 2gb 830mhz core

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2012, 09:20:28 PM »
Excuse me! US rookies want to know how you are measuring the frame rate? Is there some master panel that tells you what it is? :headscratch: Yeah I know stupid question right?
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2012, 09:31:33 PM »
(control + I) if I remember right. It will toggle a display at the top of your screen while in game.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2012, 09:34:58 PM »
I too experience low frame rates in crowded areas. I am running hi-res with everything on and shadows at only 2048. I find it hard to believe my computer cant cut it in a crowded area.  :bhead

I5-2500k
16Gig of ram (1600)
Win7 64 Bit

Turn Shadows on Others and Bump Map Others off. 99% of the time, you're no where near them or stay close enough to notice the difference. Saves you some resources.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2012, 10:28:11 PM »
I run everything on full graphics, with V-sync on I get 60 FPS and anytime I tank around a "fire" it drops to 10-20fps (max is 60 fps).
V-sync off I run around 220fps and never drop below 200 fps, regardless of how many fires or "cons" in the area.
JG 52

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2012, 06:08:10 AM »
I too experience low frame rates in crowded areas. I am running hi-res with everything on and shadows at only 2048. I find it hard to believe my computer cant cut it in a crowded area.  :bhead

I5-2500k
16Gig of ram (1600)
Win7 64 Bit

Crank down your anti-aliasing settings and watch what happens.

Folks, the game scales well.  If you are having video performance issues, crank down anti-aliasing first, then turn off bump mapping options.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 06:10:36 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2012, 06:50:29 AM »
Crank down your anti-aliasing settings and watch what happens.

Folks, the game scales well.  If you are having video performance issues, crank down anti-aliasing first, then turn off bump mapping options.
I only run 1 notch of AA, ill try to run none.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2012, 08:33:11 AM »
I only run 1 notch of AA, ill try to run none.

Failing that, try setting the distance slider to a shorter distance, as that is the next big resource usage and/or uncheck some of the options in the 'Advanced' panel.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2012, 09:11:50 AM »
Failing that, try setting the distance slider to a shorter distance, as that is the next big resource usage and/or uncheck some of the options in the 'Advanced' panel.

Skuzzy I also heard way back the caching all the Skins was a resource issue. True?  I auto download them all.
Who is John Galt?

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2012, 10:10:53 AM »
Skins are a resource.  The more different skins in view, the more resources are going to be used.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2012, 10:55:54 AM »
skuzzy, what is the weak link in my pc? I am out of town at the moment to test the settings but what could I improve on to run maxed out without stutters.  :headscratch:

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2012, 11:04:23 AM »
 Other than low frame rate I have a problem with the graphic detail not staying set where I put it. The detail water is the only high detail I run all else is off. Yet after 5 minutes of play my FR drops 55 to 5 and the graphic detail will change. I reloaded this game three times and down loaded Game Boost to run it with and I still can't keep enough frame rate to play.