Author Topic: Pesonal attacks.  (Read 24201 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Pesonal attacks.
« Reply #135 on: March 26, 2012, 05:11:26 AM »

I have had a very very small number of violations and considering how subjective the enforcement of the rules can be at time I'd hate to lose privileges over a misstatement  or something simple.

we are talking about personal attacks.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #136 on: March 26, 2012, 05:37:48 AM »
we are talking about personal attacks.

semp

again, what constitutes a "personal attack" can be subjective. Some things are obvious but other things, like honest, harsh criticism, are harder to definitely label.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #137 on: March 26, 2012, 06:59:50 AM »
again, what constitutes a "personal attack" can be subjective. Some things are obvious but other things, like honest, harsh criticism, are harder to definitely label.

It's not that difficult. If you criticize the person or squad it's a personal attack. If you criticize a playing style, opinion, philosophy, explanation, or dispute data then it's not a personal attack. If you make your point without naming players or squads you don't have to worry too much about crossing the line. If you feel you were subjectively misunderstood you can PM whoever moderated you for an explanation.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #138 on: March 26, 2012, 08:07:29 AM »
Spot on. Jamdive was just called an idiot but it will be played off with semantics.

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #139 on: March 26, 2012, 08:39:25 AM »

In HiTech views I don't think there is anything "subjective" about it.  The only subjectivity concerning the issue, is everyone's else's opinions.   :D

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #140 on: March 26, 2012, 09:31:57 AM »
Spot on. Jamdive was just called an idiot but it will be played off with semantics.

Some of you should try those lampshade things the vet puts on pets just incase HiTech happens to stop suddenly.

This is a personal attack. I is skirting the edges that I  let slide because it is directed against "They" and because I tend to let personal attacks against HTC slide sooner then others.

Your point seems to be that nobody would simply agree with HiTech. Since this is ludicrous your point is idiotic.

This is not a personal attack, it is not speaking of any thing about the person who posted it, only commenting on WHAT the person posted. I.E. the idea.

HiTech

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #141 on: March 26, 2012, 09:36:17 AM »
If you think the forums are bad, you should log in the game as a shade, Hitech.

^^^^ this please!!!
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #142 on: March 26, 2012, 09:52:23 AM »

^^^^ this please!!!

You think that they do not do this, already?   :noid

:D
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #143 on: March 26, 2012, 10:02:01 AM »
You think that they do not do this, already?   :noid

:D

I'm pretty sure they can follow all messages, private or public at anytime directly from the server interface. No need to log into the game :)
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #144 on: March 26, 2012, 10:12:41 AM »
I'm pretty sure they can follow all messages, private or public at anytime directly from the server interface. No need to log into the game :)

And filter for certain words or people.   :aok

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline SHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #145 on: March 26, 2012, 10:16:25 AM »

Me thinks the sticky note Shawks wife put on his monitor would be better............

:eek:

LOL! It's True! Sticker Reads "Don't be a Dick!" :aok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXLZeL59gfc&NR=1&feature=fvwp <<--My Favorite Band

If it takes full power to taxi to the hanger, your gear is probably up.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #146 on: March 26, 2012, 10:18:19 AM »
LOL! It's True! Sticker Reads "Don't be a Dick!" :aok

So much for that  :bhead
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #147 on: March 26, 2012, 10:24:57 AM »
This is not a personal attack, it is not speaking of any thing about the person who posted it, only commenting on WHAT the person posted. I.E. the idea.

How is that not a personal attack?  If I said that I think your thought on not classifying that as a personal attack is idiotic, would that be fair game? 

I'm not saying that though.   :angel:

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #148 on: March 26, 2012, 10:25:33 AM »
Is it okay to call vtards vtards?
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #149 on: March 26, 2012, 10:30:42 AM »
How is that not a personal attack?  If I said that I think your thought on not classifying that as a personal attack is idiotic, would that be fair game? 

I'm not saying that though.   :angel:

This points out an interesting problem these days. To argue a persons idea, or call it foolish, stupid et,c isn't an attack on the person, just the idea. People need to learn the difference.

if I HiTech is stupid, that's a personal attack.

If I say HiTechs decision the hire Scuzzy is stupid, then that's attacking the idea, not the man. Well, I guess it does kinda attack Scuzzy.