Author Topic: Pesonal attacks.  (Read 24194 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Pesonal attacks.
« Reply #150 on: March 26, 2012, 10:49:57 AM »
How is that not a personal attack?  If I said that I think your thought on not classifying that as a personal attack is idiotic, would that be fair game? 

I'm not saying that though.   :angel:

This is an important issue that a lot of people have trouble with. People confuse what they do with what they are. This is especially important when raising children so I'll use that as an example. When a child does something wrong some parents will tell the child that they are bad. The child learns to identify themselves as bad which obviously causes problems later on. Other parents will tell the child that what they did was bad and that good children don't do that. This let's the child identify themselves as good, and reinforces the idea that good children behave a certain way and don't do bad things.

Now if you think that's idiotic you may express that opinion, but if you want people to agree then you may have to explain why you have that opinion.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #151 on: March 26, 2012, 10:50:54 AM »
I just came in here to get a pair of socks.

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #152 on: March 26, 2012, 11:16:13 AM »
again, what constitutes a "personal attack" can be subjective. Some things are obvious but other things, like honest, harsh criticism, are harder to definitely label.

Don't you think Skuzzy has the mind to determine what clearly constitutes a personal attack? I got bounced once and I deserved it.  :bolt:
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #153 on: March 26, 2012, 11:35:00 AM »
Individuals have been singled out on this board and personally attacked for years and years with no help given to those attacked and no price to pay for the offenders.

I wonder what has happened to finally awaken the sleeping giants at HQ.

I think authority is somewhat lenient when the Squeaker/Newb's behaviors bring it upon themselve....i.e. The Late D.W., N.8., and a few others...you reap what you sow. Having said that, anyone can step over the line of common humane decency if you try hard enough.  :huh
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #154 on: March 26, 2012, 12:15:36 PM »
"I'm not calling you a moron, but everything you type and say is moronic."

:lol

How would that not be a personal attack?

or this?

I think I made my point, yes huh.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 12:18:11 PM by grizz441 »

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #155 on: March 26, 2012, 12:20:54 PM »
criticizing someone's play style isn't a personal attack in my opinion, personal insults and criticizing a player is a personal attack.

That being said, everyone's guilty of it - in which its mostly minor - I rarely have seen anyone go "LT" on someone else.

JG 52

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #156 on: March 26, 2012, 12:53:31 PM »
I think authority is somewhat lenient when the Squeaker/Newb's behaviors bring it upon themselve....i.e. The Late D.W., N.8., and a few others...you reap what you sow. Having said that, anyone can step over the line of common humane decency if you try hard enough.  :huh

:old: Fight authority, authority always wins.

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #157 on: March 26, 2012, 01:00:37 PM »
This is an important issue that a lot of people have trouble with. People confuse what they do with what they are. This is especially important when raising children so I'll use that as an example. When a child does something wrong some parents will tell the child that they are bad. The child learns to identify themselves as bad which obviously causes problems later on. Other parents will tell the child that what they did was bad and that good children don't do that. This let's the child identify themselves as good, and reinforces the idea that good children behave a certain way and don't do bad things.

Now if you think that's idiotic you may express that opinion, but if you want people to agree then you may have to explain why you have that opinion.

I understand your point and I agree with you to a point. But most players are adults and thus should be defined by their behavior. Sure people can change, but most are not 'learning' from their mistakes, here, they are just repeating them, over and over and over.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #158 on: March 26, 2012, 01:05:33 PM »
I think I made my point, yes huh.

That all depends what you point is? Because I can think of many things you  have shown with your post.

HiTech

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #159 on: March 26, 2012, 01:06:47 PM »
If you think the forums are bad, you should log in the game as a shade, Hitech.

his head would explode.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #160 on: March 26, 2012, 01:08:25 PM »
Is it okay to call vtards vtards?

I would say that is an attack, if i understand correctly from the following quote.

Bashing a squad is a personal attack.

bashing a playing style is not.

I.E. Squad X Your style sucks.

VS Squad x you suck because of how you play.

HiTech
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #161 on: March 26, 2012, 01:17:27 PM »
Exactly BowHtr. I don't understand what all the debate is about. I thought HiTech made it clear in his post one page one. Now here we are on page 11 trying to find loopholes to get around it.  :rolleyes:
Lighten up Francis

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #162 on: March 26, 2012, 01:20:25 PM »
On second thought, I'm not touching this thread. Not even with the remains of the last Spitfire I just shot down.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 01:23:11 PM by Delirium »
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #163 on: March 26, 2012, 01:28:34 PM »
Don't you think Skuzzy has the mind to determine what clearly constitutes a personal attack? I got bounced once and I deserved it.  :bolt:

same here :)
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #164 on: March 26, 2012, 01:29:17 PM »
Exactly BowHtr. I don't understand what all the debate is about. I thought HiTech made it clear in his post one page one. Now here we are on page 11 trying to find loopholes to get around it.  :rolleyes:

Some of the questions are good questions.  I asked about the squad issue because I never get attacked personally on the forum, but a few people will verbally attack my squad when they don't like what I have to say about something.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.