Author Topic: Pesonal attacks.  (Read 24200 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Pesonal attacks.
« Reply #195 on: March 26, 2012, 07:38:35 PM »
again, what constitutes a "personal attack" can be subjective. Some things are obvious but other things, like honest, harsh criticism, are harder to definitely label.

well since skuzzy is the judge.  we'll let him decide what a personal attack is and what harsh criticism is.  after all he is impartial dont you agree?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #196 on: March 26, 2012, 07:43:12 PM »
well since skuzzy is the judge.  we'll let him decide what a personal attack is and what harsh criticism is.  after all he is impartial dont you agree?

semp

Has nothing to do with impartiality. It just seems harsh to suspend an account for a first offense unless it was way overboard.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #197 on: March 26, 2012, 07:45:17 PM »

semp
He already does that... If you cross the line you will get a vacation.
See Rule #4

Offline jamdive

• Copper Member
« Reply #198 on: March 26, 2012, 07:49:22 PM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 09:29:59 AM by hitech »

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #199 on: March 26, 2012, 07:53:17 PM »
He already does that... If you cross the line you will get a vacation.

Yes he does, and he's fair IMO. It had been suggested earlier in this thread that the threshold be lowered so that, as I read it, any rule violation earned the poster a vacation.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #200 on: March 26, 2012, 08:18:14 PM »
I have only one thing to say about this thread......

[ I bet a certain few, no not 'The Few', will know whats coming.... ]

MAYONNAISE    :)
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #201 on: March 26, 2012, 08:39:41 PM »
I have only one thing to say about this thread......

[ I bet a certain few, no not 'The Few', will know whats coming.... ]

MAYONNAISE    :)

i'm gonna build a mayonnaise cannon.  :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #202 on: March 26, 2012, 09:09:03 PM »
Sadly human nature is to not self regulate personal conduct in anonymous circumstances unless there are demonstrations of Draconian instantanious personal consiquences. The poor conduct is a self rewarding behavior.

Mobs don't have to be a group of people at a physical location running amok feeding off each others bad behavior. They exist in Internet Blogs all over the planet because most blogs don't require your real name and home address to take part in the anonymous community. Blog Mobs self empower through habituation of self reward by using any pretext to run with an issue once a topic or community member has been targeted. Eventualy forcing the Blog moderators to act harshly engendering a passive aggressive victom reponse from the mob. Being a victom is another form of self rewarding behavior to stave off responsibilty for ones conduct.

A mob either burns itself out until the next opportunity to self reward, or a more powerful entity executes a few examples in view of the group reinstilling their appreciation for individual self preservation. If it's a periodicly repeated scenario by the more powerful entity, only self preservation is triggered, not any self enlightened moral lessons learned. There is a very real chance the same perpetrators with new followers will repeat the same conduct in the future after things have cooled down due to past experience with the powerful entity's responses.

Bad behavior is emotionaly cathartic because the self reward mechanism is addictive once indulged and gotten away with. It's akin to the thrill of engaging in a personal act with your mate while in a public place and not getting caught. If you do eventualy get caught it's cathartic to blame the policeman for catching you and not yourself for the bad conduct.

After all you were simply enjoying yourself and the cop butted in and passed judgement on your conduct.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #203 on: March 26, 2012, 09:59:35 PM »
For quote of Rule #4 violation.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 09:31:58 AM by hitech »

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #204 on: March 26, 2012, 10:03:07 PM »
Geez Changeup I'm standing right here.

That's only true if all you post is emoticons  :aok :rofl :noid

Good call...I forgot about that...my bad
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #205 on: March 26, 2012, 10:47:47 PM »
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #206 on: March 26, 2012, 10:55:19 PM »
LOL was he :)

Flench attended a celine dion concert back in 2002, i must report this to the community not as an attack to his credibility, but to his music interest.

Don't trust this guy, he watches titanic and cries.
JG 52

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #207 on: March 26, 2012, 10:57:54 PM »
Flench attended a celine dion concert back in 2002, i must report this to the community not as an attack to his credibility, but to his music interest.

Don't trust this guy, he watches titanic and cries.
LOL !!!! Hahahahhahahaahahaawww
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #208 on: March 26, 2012, 11:18:17 PM »
Sadly human nature is to not self regulate personal conduct in anonymous circumstances unless there are demonstrations of Draconian instantanious personal consiquences. The poor conduct is a self rewarding behavior.

Mobs don't have to be a group of people at a physical location running amok feeding off each others bad behavior. They exist in Internet Blogs all over the planet because most blogs don't require your real name and home address to take part in the anonymous community. Blog Mobs self empower through habituation of self reward by using any pretext to run with an issue once a topic or community member has been targeted. Eventualy forcing the Blog moderators to act harshly engendering a passive aggressive victom reponse from the mob. Being a victom is another form of self rewarding behavior to stave off responsibilty for ones conduct.

A mob either burns itself out until the next opportunity to self reward, or a more powerful entity executes a few examples in view of the group reinstilling their appreciation for individual self preservation. If it's a periodicly repeated scenario by the more powerful entity, only self preservation is triggered, not any self enlightened moral lessons learned. There is a very real chance the same perpetrators with new followers will repeat the same conduct in the future after things have cooled down due to past experience with the powerful entity's responses.

Bad behavior is emotionaly cathartic because the self reward mechanism is addictive once indulged and gotten away with. It's akin to the thrill of engaging in a personal act with your mate while in a public place and not getting caught. If you do eventualy get caught it's cathartic to blame the policeman for catching you and not yourself for the bad conduct.

After all you were simply enjoying yourself and the cop butted in and passed judgement on your conduct.
Who needs Ambien?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #209 on: March 26, 2012, 11:25:08 PM »
Has nothing to do with impartiality. It just seems harsh to suspend an account for a first offense unless it was way overboard.

totally understand but it's getting old in the bb some attacking others over stupid thing.  this is a game and that's all and yet most threads end up with my father can beat up your father thing.  if the suspension kicks in for maybe a day or two then perhaps we can be back to being civilized, if not then bye bye.

I am saying this due to back when i joined I could get lots of help when needed.  not most threads end up in the "i know more than you, so you are wrong".  try posting a thread about which computer components would be better then compare to let's say 3 years ago when you would get 4 or 5 different  set ups.  now you are lucky if you get a couple of replies. and that is due to lots of people stopped posting due to personal attacks that were sooo stupid.  it isnt about being thick skinned or not, it's about you get tired of arguing over stupid points.  I can  post lots of threads that coulddda been helpful to lots of us but ended up in personal attacks just for stupid reasons.

it is time really to stop this bs and actually be more civilized to each other.  most of us are way over 18 but still act like bullies in the playground sometimes.  if we want to tact like kids then let's get treated like kids.  1, 2 or 3 day suspension for being stupid isnt kill anybody. and in the long run might actually help all of us.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.