Author Topic: Pesonal attacks.  (Read 24198 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Pesonal attacks.
« Reply #210 on: March 27, 2012, 12:16:58 AM »
Who needs Ambien?

Feels good to thread the needle??

This post by Hitech is a warning as much as it is a "Honey Pot".

At least he hasn't threatened cancelation of game subscriptions.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #211 on: March 27, 2012, 12:20:51 AM »
Feels good to thread the needle??

This post by Hitech is a warning as much as it is a "Honey Pot".

At least he hasn't threatened cancelation of game subscriptions.
Yeah, that would work well wouldn't it. You have a list of undesirables ready for him? My apologies for not taking video game land so serious.

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #212 on: March 27, 2012, 01:29:31 AM »
The way I see it, when we flame on each other if it is here on the BB's or on 200channel in game we also drag htc down into the mud at the same time in a way. Since we are doing it in an arena created by them, they are somewhat responsible for what is going on in here so out of respect of the creators of the game we should try and behave as best we can while using their product.
Yes I know it's "just a game", but still.. It is a great game, the greatest there is around. Why risk ruining this fantastic game by childish behavior if it can be avoided by a second thought, and 'think before speak' mentality instead.
And yes, we are paying to be here. But you have to pay to rent a house too, that's not the same as you have the rights to burn it to the ground at will.. Just my humble opinion.  :salute
TheStig

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #213 on: March 27, 2012, 02:08:37 AM »
The smack talk goes all the way back to the original doom 'deathmatchs'. I remember reading about how John Romero was dishing it out way back when. Does anyone remember his ad for that game 'Diakatana'  once he left Id and created that mega disaster Ion Storm? I think it was something like "John Romero wants to make  you his b***h".

Granted it's HTC's house, but to make grand claims about human behavior may be a bit of a stretch. It would be more accurate to say that this 'on-line' culture was set in motion long before 'Aces High' and will probably continue long after AH.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #214 on: March 27, 2012, 02:36:54 AM »
"this aggression will not stand...man"
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #215 on: March 27, 2012, 03:46:36 AM »
"Mark it ZERO!!!"
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #216 on: March 27, 2012, 04:03:15 AM »
I used to get angry when I flew badly or got ganged or whatever.... but then I realised that by caring enough to worry one way or the other I was actually ruining the game for myself...

AH is a game... games are supposed to be fun. Why get mad? Take a chill pill.... if someone upsets you just get over it.

Don't bother fighting with people online.... there is no point. If you're fighting with someone, you're not having fun. You should be here to have fun.

If you take the time to let things go and not hold grudges here, you'll find that you have more fun. I did.

If you're having a crap day and you can't stop that coming into your game... log off and do something else.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline ap1102

• Copper Member
« Reply #217 on: March 27, 2012, 07:19:18 AM »
Amatuer, strictly amatuer. You wants to see insults? This is the way a professional insults an enemy. Please view this video of a Knight GV assault against a Bishop V-Base....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa0cz2V_VqU&feature=related

EZRhino

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #218 on: March 27, 2012, 07:29:05 AM »
Smokey, this isn't 'Nam. There are rules.

Offline MAINER

• Nickel Member
« Reply #219 on: March 27, 2012, 07:41:28 AM »
Amatuer, strictly amatuer. You wants to see insults? This is the way a professional insults an enemy. Please view this video of a Knight GV assault against a Bishop V-Base....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa0cz2V_VqU&feature=related

EZRhino

:rofl :rofl :rofl :lol  :x :cheers: :banana: :aok
Are those our bombers?-famous last words

Member of the congregation of The church of David Wales

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #220 on: March 27, 2012, 08:14:43 AM »
Who needs Ambien?

and spell-check...

I attack the spell-check for not making corrections on such an intelligent, deep and insightful post...
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #221 on: March 27, 2012, 08:23:27 AM »
I would just like to note that this thread has gone from Porsche to 1972 Brown Vega.  Please stop this madness before we end up in a van down by the river.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #222 on: March 27, 2012, 08:31:04 AM »
I would just like to note that this thread has gone from Porsche to 1972 Brown Vega.  Please stop this madness before we end up in a van down by the river.

Apparently, you have not seen some of the brown Vega's that I have seen...   :devil

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #223 on: March 27, 2012, 08:46:56 AM »
You think that they do not do this, already?   :noid

:D

I take it you were napping the few months/years after AHII came out and the town guns got swapped to puffy ack along with the Vbase hangars being all cuddled up. All of which culminated in a statement by HT at the 2003 convention that "you have to describe this to [him] because [he] doesn't play and doesn't know what you're talking about." :D
But, really, I wouldn't play a game I developed either. I'd probably be sick of looking at it, especially after releasing an expansion. :p

Actually on-topic, I've only ever been mod-edited once, and that was posting a screenshot of another player attacking me. So perhaps I'm a good child. Or...good enough. :noid
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #224 on: March 27, 2012, 08:50:00 AM »
I take it you were napping the few months/years after AHII came out and the town guns got swapped to puffy ack along with the Vbase hangars being all cuddled up. All of which culminated in a statement by HT at the 2003 convention that "you have to describe this to [him] because [he] doesn't play and doesn't know what you're talking about." :D
But, really, I wouldn't play a game I developed either. I'd probably be sick of looking at it, especially after releasing an expansion. :p

Actually on-topic, I've only ever been mod-edited once, and that was posting a screenshot of another player attacking me. So perhaps I'm a good child. Or...good enough. :noid

I hope that was not a personal attack on my Circadian rhythms...             :devil