Author Topic: Pesonal attacks.  (Read 24262 times)

Offline augustk

• Zinc Member
Re: Pesonal attacks.
« Reply #420 on: April 16, 2012, 01:31:49 AM »
Who is this HiTech guy, he sounds like a real....oh never mind      :bolt:    :rofl
There is no such thing as I in team, but there is a ME.          
 "History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats."

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #421 on: April 17, 2012, 07:35:57 AM »
I disagree..... I never saw his backup lights or heard his beeper.

Were you looking at or listen to his backside for them?
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #422 on: April 18, 2012, 09:12:27 AM »
Were you looking at or listen to his backside for them?

:rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline dixonaw

• Zinc Member
      • http://None
« Reply #423 on: April 19, 2012, 06:01:02 PM »
There has been an increase in this crap lately. It is only irritating on text, but the increase in Vox profanity is more than irritating and I have started giving one warning and then I use the squelch. I hate to do that but it's the only thing I can do to make my point

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #424 on: April 19, 2012, 06:33:27 PM »
There has been an increase in this crap lately. It is only irritating on text, but the increase in Vox profanity is more than irritating and I have started giving one warning and then I use the squelch. I hate to do that but it's the only thing I can do to make my point

Before you squelch on the roster, report.  If it happens enough/frequently, then attention will be given to that person by those who need to give it.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #425 on: April 19, 2012, 09:21:36 PM »

Yes reporting works much better. All squelch does is stops YOU from hearing them. Report them and the powers that be will take notice and take care of it.

Offline vonKrimm

• Silver Member
« Reply #426 on: April 19, 2012, 10:43:52 PM »
This thread is seriously beginning to sound like the conversations in the card room of my Bubi's retirement home.
 :bolt:

Fight Like a Girl

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #427 on: April 20, 2012, 06:12:47 AM »
This thread needs a name change to SEE RULE 2 ,5 ,12 ,14 . Did I miss any , lol .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline realgood

• Copper Member
« Reply #428 on: May 02, 2012, 06:28:09 AM »
 :headscratch: :headscratch:ooops wrong thread now wheres  :uhoh :old            :old:     :coffee got it :confused: :confused: :D :bolt:
Might as well face it we are all addicted to this hehehe but me really I can ouit any time I want to <Proud Member 2nd Squad >"***Alchemists***"

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #429 on: May 02, 2012, 07:24:55 AM »

How is this working out for you?
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #430 on: May 02, 2012, 01:45:16 PM »
HTC:  The FORUM RULES are posted in public for all to see regarding Personal attacks of all kinds, on the forum, with a sticky, with no gray area and no ambiguity.

You know, it may be the perfect answer if HTC POSTED their OFFICIAL RULES, REGS, and POSITIONS for IN-GAME BEHAVIOR for every subscriber who plays in-game to see, learn, and follow.  It would also allow players to know what exactly does NOT constitute their position.  No gray area.  No ambiguity.  Please post the OFFICIAL HTC stance on the following: 

"What Constitutes A Personal Attack?"

"What is The Difference Between A Personal Attack and Stating The TRUTH, Having Screenshots & Film To Back Up The Truth?"

"How Does A Player Properly Report A Personal Attack?"  (I E Requirements of screen shots or film)

"What Are The Repercussions (mute length in days, etc) of In-Game Personal Attack?"

"Are there Varying Degrees of Personal Attack as well as The Punishment Length's for Each?"

"What is the Difference between a Perceived Personal Attack and a Simple Exchange of Differing Ideals?"

"What Are HTC's recommendations for Avoiding Personal Attacks to Begin With?"

I want to see HTC's answer and policies to these personal attack issues, not forum members.

Since we are ALL (subscribers) expected to abide by HTC's rules in-game, it's only fair if they inform us as to exactly what those rules and expectations are.  This would solve the vast majortity of in-game problems with this issue.
Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #431 on: May 02, 2012, 02:19:51 PM »
don't know about you all but I don't need "official" rules. I've never been muted and have had a very small handful of BBS rule violations and I can be a royal tool.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #432 on: May 02, 2012, 02:26:53 PM »
MrGeezer: What you ask would not make any difference.

The people who wish to obey rules all ready know what behavior is expected of them.

The people who show abusive and rude behavior still will be problem children.

Hence nothing would really change except the problem children would now want to say, "But your rules didn't explicitly say xxxx"

I have always like the book title (this may be slightly off), All I need to know in life , I learned in kindergarten.

HiTech

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #433 on: May 02, 2012, 02:47:16 PM »
      I bought the poster of that book a few years back...still holds true  :aok

80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #434 on: May 02, 2012, 02:56:13 PM »
HTC:  The FORUM RULES are posted in public for all to see regarding Personal attacks of all kinds, on the forum, with a sticky, with no gray area and no ambiguity.

You know, it may be the perfect answer if HTC POSTED their OFFICIAL RULES, REGS, and POSITIONS for IN-GAME BEHAVIOR for every subscriber who plays in-game to see, learn, and follow.  It would also allow players to know what exactly does NOT constitute their position.  No gray area.  No ambiguity.  Please post the OFFICIAL HTC stance on the following: 

"What Constitutes A Personal Attack?"

"What is The Difference Between A Personal Attack and Stating The TRUTH, Having Screenshots & Film To Back Up The Truth?"

"How Does A Player Properly Report A Personal Attack?"  (I E Requirements of screen shots or film)

"What Are The Repercussions (mute length in days, etc) of In-Game Personal Attack?"

"Are there Varying Degrees of Personal Attack as well as The Punishment Length's for Each?"

"What is the Difference between a Perceived Personal Attack and a Simple Exchange of Differing Ideals?"

"What Are HTC's recommendations for Avoiding Personal Attacks to Begin With?"

I want to see HTC's answer and policies to these personal attack issues, not forum members.

Since we are ALL (subscribers) expected to abide by HTC's rules in-game, it's only fair if they inform us as to exactly what those rules and expectations are.  This would solve the vast majortity of in-game problems with this issue.

if in doubt about personal attacks you have 3 choices actually 4.

1 reply
2 ignore
3  .report
4  .squelch

if you dont know what a personal attack is then for the record this is an attempt at one by sarcasm alone.  but seriously, saying you dont know what a personal attack is equals to saying you dont know what pron is.  you cannot explain it but you know it when you see it.

if ht was to post every single rule we had to follow then it would takes us months just to finish reading the first book.

like a wise man once said "just dont be a dick".  actually I think that is the only rule in the book.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.