Author Topic: Pesonal attacks.  (Read 24276 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Pesonal attacks.
« Reply #435 on: May 02, 2012, 03:51:08 PM »
      I bought the poster of that book a few years back...still holds true  :aok

(Image removed from quote.)

it may hold true and be exactly what is needed, sad to say a very few people in the world live by it.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #436 on: May 02, 2012, 07:00:17 PM »
MRI studies of brain activity are begining to support Hitech's simple assertion about kindergarden and his identification of his chronic problem children. Sadly most of the chronic problem children cannot keep themselves a secret or restrained for very long. They just need to share with everyone, all the time, as much as they can impose on everyone before getting clamped down on by the local Sister Mary Elephant yardstick swingers brigade.

After all these years Hitech must be up to a Titanium Bionc Light Saber Yard Stick. Or he's a pretty nice guy in general.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #437 on: May 02, 2012, 07:17:26 PM »
HTC:  The FORUM RULES are posted in public for all to see regarding Personal attacks of all kinds, on the forum, with a sticky, with no gray area and no ambiguity. -  Please post the OFFICIAL HTC stance on the following:  -  I want to see HTC's answer and policies to these personal attack issues, not forum members.
Rules don't always work so well ... Unless you're -THE- Lawyer ?

In the bad ole pre internet days, I was a fidonet sysop ... 1 million + members world wide ... We had two rules ...

1) - DO NOT BE OFFENSIVE ...

2) - DO NOT BE EASILY OFFENDED ...

You can't play by those rules ... you're OUT. Amazing how well that worked.
:cool:
I am my Ideal ! - You may now return to your petty bickering.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #438 on: May 02, 2012, 07:58:21 PM »
In the bad old days when we broke our wrists playing tackle football in the local gravel covered vacant lot. Our parents were mortified if we walked through the neighborhood crying about it. Breaking the wrist was part of the game. Crying was something to be ashamed of. Your wrist heald. Your reputation didnt.

Now days crying is a book deal and a million dollar speaking tour on how to cry and get away with murder.

I liked it better back when you could legaly test your sword at cross roads. Man I'm old.......
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #439 on: May 02, 2012, 10:43:23 PM »

In the bad ole pre internet days, I was a fidonet sysop ... 1 million + members world wide ... We had two rules ...

Man I am old!  I was the gateway to Indianapolis for FidoNet mail with a 6 line hub.  Oh those were the days!  The phone bills sucked though! :eek:

All the Best...

Jay
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #440 on: May 03, 2012, 01:07:31 AM »
If I say "I am such an idiot" is that a personal attack against myself equating to BBs suicide or just self realization?

Idiotic minds want to know.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 01:09:15 AM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #441 on: May 03, 2012, 03:07:55 AM »

Good rules to go by in life and game <S> .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #442 on: May 03, 2012, 03:08:35 AM »
If I say "I am such an idiot" is that a personal attack against myself equating to BBs suicide or just self realization?

actually that would be being truthful to yourself.  had you said that you are a stupid idiot, that would probably be a self attack.  unless of course you are into that kind of thing in which case it would be a welcome attack.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #443 on: May 03, 2012, 05:21:27 AM »

Well... you are, so  :neener:

(kidding) :)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #444 on: May 03, 2012, 10:38:56 AM »
Man I am old!  I was the gateway to Indianapolis for FidoNet mail with a 6 line hub.  Oh those were the days!  The phone bills sucked though! :eek:

All the Best...

Jay

I remember having to wait on one of the neighbors to finish their call so I could use the phone. Ahh the party lines.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #445 on: May 03, 2012, 04:00:24 PM »
I remember the phone system in San Antonio having rampant voice bleed over for domestic lines.

My sister and I used to pick up the phone just to listen to the bleed over when the parents weren't looking. It was when we walked into the living room one day and wanted to know why some guy wanted to lick a woman's cat that we got in trouble. We were in 2nd and 3rd grade and we had a cat. Who licks their cat? The two of us had cat box duty. We knew where cats go part of their day. Yeeech, blech, phooohy!! And we knew about hair balls first hand.........

I'm sure any of you with kids remember those days around 7-9 years old and how litteral littel minds are. Our mother almost fainted when we finished asking the question about cat licking. And our father for just an instant smiled with the humor before he lit our tiny kesters up.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline SHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #446 on: May 03, 2012, 06:10:29 PM »
I remember the phone system in San Antonio having rampant voice bleed over for domestic lines.

My sister and I used to pick up the phone just to listen to the bleed over when the parents weren't looking. It was when we walked into the living room one day and wanted to know why some guy wanted to lick a woman's cat that we got in trouble. We were in 2nd and 3rd grade and we had a cat. Who licks their cat? The two of us had cat box duty. We knew where cats go part of their day. Yeeech, blech, phooohy!! And we knew about hair balls first hand.........

I'm sure any of you with kids remember those days around 7-9 years old and how litteral littel minds are. Our mother almost fainted when we finished asking the question about cat licking. And our father for just an instant smiled with the humor before he lit our tiny kesters up.

LMAO! Well from now on I think when someone types the "P" word on the boards the auto corrector should change it to "cat licking" :aok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXLZeL59gfc&NR=1&feature=fvwp <<--My Favorite Band

If it takes full power to taxi to the hanger, your gear is probably up.

Offline Lab Rat 3947

• Silver Member
« Reply #447 on: May 03, 2012, 07:07:35 PM »
"cat licking" will now be a malignant growth in my head, repeating itself over and over again, for the next three days at least . . .
as I pass people in the street, they will shake their heads sadly talking quietly about the strange old guy muttering "cat licking" and chuckling to himself as he wanders down the sidewalk. . .  :old:

good story  :aok
LtngRydr
14th FG Grounded

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #448 on: May 04, 2012, 07:51:30 AM »

meow

Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #449 on: May 04, 2012, 08:41:26 AM »

Thoughts of wiping the dribble kitty with my tongue running through my head.

:noid
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors