Author Topic: Pictures of players  (Read 392335 times)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
Re: Pictures of players
« Reply #1125 on: April 30, 2012, 09:04:19 AM »
Never thought of a BMW as a bobber but this one looks sweet
(Image removed from quote.)

:O

OK, I now officially have sticky shorts.

Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #1126 on: April 30, 2012, 09:18:27 AM »
Drunk enough currently to post this... :D

10 Years ago...sitting in the world's only Bristol Bulldog MK.IV. :)

EDIT/Notice the huge amount of back armor. Imagine someone opening up from 50-100yards from 6 o'clock even with just rifle caliber mgs. Yikes!/EDIT

Cool pic Wmaker <S> .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1127 on: April 30, 2012, 06:54:55 PM »
Nice hat widewing, and a big +1 for that neat and hard to find belt buckle!  :O

My wife bought me the hat after I complained that my felt hats were too warm for summer... The belt buckle is a reproduction... a very nice one, but still a reproduction. I found it in a small shop catering to reenactors. You can buy one online here: http://www.ccsutlery.com/store/civil-war-belts.html
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline homersipes

• Silver Member
« Reply #1128 on: April 30, 2012, 07:23:22 PM »
that is a sick lookin ride :aok :rock alway wondered what one would look like, just sold a 54 triumph that I chopped and a 72 triumph bonnie that the wife was going to build but lost interest due to a harley.  Brit bikes are still cool though

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #1129 on: May 01, 2012, 05:00:38 AM »
What year is that bike ?
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #1130 on: May 01, 2012, 02:25:51 PM »
 Flench,

It's hard to tell the year of those old boxers as they didnt change much but I'd think it;s a 70's model,likely 75 to 78 however as I said it's hard to tell the year on a stock 1 never mind a custom!

I was looking around for an older BMW boxer and found a mint 75 for 3 grand,just been totally rebuilt! The wife ack shot me down right away though,told me I was too old for bikes and would either forget I was riding it or fall asleep while riding and she's not paying o bury me!!!!! :devil

YMMV.

:salute

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1131 on: May 01, 2012, 03:49:45 PM »

OK, I now officially have sticky shorts.

Be careful when using the syrup :)
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #1132 on: May 01, 2012, 07:26:01 PM »
What year is that bike ?

By the looks of it, mid '80's R100 engine in what appears to be either a custom frame or a heavily modified BMW frame (the BMW bikes weren't hard tails... meaning they had suspension in the rear, this bike has no rear shocks - the rear wheel is hard mounted to the back of the frame... no suspension, pretty rough ride) with BMW airhead wheels and other bits. Mostly custom, 100 thousand percent pretty damm awesome cool.

edit... found a thread on the bike in question, it's an R80/7
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 08:43:58 PM by Reaper90 »
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #1133 on: May 01, 2012, 07:33:06 PM »
Hey!  I got in trouble for posting gun pictures.. what gives? 

:banana:

:bolt:
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #1134 on: May 01, 2012, 07:35:10 PM »
Flench,

It's hard to tell the year of those old boxers as they didnt change much but I'd think it;s a 70's model,likely 75 to 78 however as I said it's hard to tell the year on a stock 1 never mind a custom!

I was looking around for an older BMW boxer and found a mint 75 for 3 grand,just been totally rebuilt! The wife ack shot me down right away though,told me I was too old for bikes and would either forget I was riding it or fall asleep while riding and she's not paying o bury me!!!!! :devil

YMMV.

morf..

Keep working on the wife! I've been with mine for 21 years this summer, and I just finally got her to give me the go ahead on a bike..... she gave in to racing, and eventually took up motorsports herself briefly with the Corvette Club, but was generally supportive of my racing habit.

Motorcycles were always her 110% No Frickin Way area..... my mom and dad both ride Harleys, and my dad had worn out 3 sets of tires on his Screaming Eagle Electra Glide, been to all 48 states and Canada on it, coast to coast twice. My wish was to be able to go along with him on a ride like that before he's too old to ride like that anymore (he's in his 70's) but the wife ack was skipping the wirbles and went straight to SAMs. No Way. Not Ever, she said. The day I showed up on a bike was the day she'd leave me. (I used to joke that I responded "now I know what it'll take to get rid of you!" But everone who knows her will tell you, of course I didn't actually say that as I do in fact continue to convert oxygen into carbon dioxide.  :) )

So I dropped hints for a while, talked about dad's trips, looked at BMW airheads on ebay while she was around....... then one day she "out of the blue" says, 'you know, if you want a bike that bad, I guess I'm OK with it, just keep the life insurance paid.'

I'm shopping for an early to mid 80's R100RS right now.  :D
Floyd

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #1135 on: May 01, 2012, 07:55:55 PM »

B4 PICK
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #1136 on: May 01, 2012, 08:03:10 PM »
wow.

that was more than just a little sanding and buffing.....

Floyd

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #1137 on: May 01, 2012, 08:21:10 PM »
 TB,

Nice,now I'm really green with envy!     Notice in the pic of the bobber,he used the bimmer frame and made it a hard tail!  Unless you plan on buying a frame,look closely at what was done to the bike in your pic!

Sadly Flench my days of riding are long over,I could own any bike I want but it would just sit and look pretty as I cant ride anymore. Oh I could maybe spin 1 around the block but that would be my limit. Then I'd likely spend the next few days in bed!

PS: both my wife and I have licenses to ride,made her get her's in 1980 2 weeks b4 we got married!

Offline 4Prop

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1138 on: May 01, 2012, 08:30:43 PM »
Widewing is that guy that walks in front of you as you go into the walmart and suddenly you know that you are safe while you are in there

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #1139 on: May 01, 2012, 08:38:41 PM »

PS: both my wife and I have licenses to ride,made her get her's in 1980 2 weeks b4 we got married!

ahhh, gotcha!  :rofl  :aok

So it's not that she doesn't like bikes... like mine doesn't like bikes! (Mine just doesn't dislike the thought of how much life insurance I have on me).....
Floyd