Author Topic: Pictures of players  (Read 392326 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Pictures of players
« Reply #1200 on: May 02, 2012, 07:23:29 PM »

I hope you take this the right way....ALL your kids look like characters.  :aok :salute

:D

you are right they all are.

my biggest and most proud accomplishment are my children, they are awesome kids, that are very well behaved, all do great in school, our oldest is going to collage to become a Marine biologist...
I cant speak highly enough of them, I just wish I could be a better dad to them, I get angry to easy, yell to much, stress out easily...cant give them all that I wish too.

Honestly they saved my life.   

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #1201 on: May 02, 2012, 07:29:19 PM »
Oh, I agree. My son and I.

(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)

You show a lot of class, also a huge lack of wit.

People have asked nicely that you not post those types of pictures because they find them offensive. The next step will be people reporting you for posting offensive material, and the FINAL step will be the banning of all pictures with dead animals in them, much like the "Wednesday Babe" issue they had a few years ago. It's your choice for now, but I think you might want to rethink your decision to post them.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1202 on: May 02, 2012, 07:41:17 PM »
With all due respect, I don't see the issue with posting pictures like that. The topic is pictures of players and the post is well within that topic.

If anything is offensive, it would be the stupid 'bronie' pictures or those that have political avatars or squad names.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1203 on: May 02, 2012, 08:11:14 PM »
I was an avid small game hunter as a kid, right up until I was 16 years old, when a low percentage shot wounded an animal, which then wedged itself into the crook of an old tree where we could not reach it. I listened to the poor thing crying until it died of shock or blood loss. I never got over that sound of suffering. It haunted me for quite some time, and to some degree, still does. That was my last hunt.

That said, I made a personal choice and I don't judge those who do hunt. That's their personal choice.

About 30 years ago (1982, I recall) , I thought that I might have to shoot a black bear. I didn't want to, but I had a real concern that circumstances might require it.

My wife and I were up at her parent's large log cabin in the wilds of NW Maine visiting for a week. My brother-in-law and his wife were also visiting. Up in that neck of the woods, there is no garbage collection... You simply loaded the trash cans into your car or truck and took them to the nearest dump. Because black bears were as common as fleas, you kept your trash cans somewhere safe from the bears, who would raid the cans if at all possible. My father-in-law kept his in a small barn. He kept a lot of things in the barn.

One evening, just before sunset, my sister-in-law went out to the barn to find something (I forget what). 10 minutes later, when she came out, she discovered a black bear sniffing around and pawing at their vegetable garden, mid way between the cabin and the barn. She returned to the barn, closing the door behind her. Opening a window, she began shouting for assistance. My brother-in-law and I came out to see what the yelling was about and there was the bear, digging in the sweet potato patch (I didn't think that black bears were diggers, but this guy must have been very hungry, and they will eat anything they can find when hungry). He was a young male, perhaps weighing in at 200 lbs. We yelled, threw some small rocks, and banged on the trash can (emptied that morning) lid. The bear was nonplussed. He could have cared less.

So, I went into the cabin and retrieved my old Winchester 94 (I would not hike in the near wilderness without bringing a pack rifle). I loaded it and came outside. I figured that if I fired a round near the bear, the noise and concussion might persuade him to move along. Levering in a 30-30, I fired a round into the firewood pile about 10 feet from the bear. He turned his head to look at me for a few seconds, and went right back to digging. $@#^&%$ bear!

Annoyed, I grabbed the empty steel trash can by a handle, gave it a big swing and tossed it towards the bear. It bounced once and hit him square in his hind quarters. The bear lit out for the woods at a full gallop... He disappeared into the trees and we didn't see him again. I was quite relieved, as several bears in the area had to be killed due to their habit of wandering onto people's property. The Sheriff would drive over and sometimes have to shoot the offending bears if they hadn't already left and were disinclined to skedaddle. These days, they tranquilize and relocate the bear. However, back then, shooting was not an uncommon solution, especially if children, livestock or pets were at risk.

I could not bring myself to shoot such a wonderful animal, unless a life was in danger. After all, we were the ones encroaching on his turf.. This bear was not at all aggressive, but he was a stubborn (edit) son of a gun.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 08:19:40 PM by Widewing »
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Rich52

• Silver Member
« Reply #1204 on: May 02, 2012, 08:17:31 PM »
You show a lot of class, also a huge lack of wit.

People have asked nicely that you not post those types of pictures because they find them offensive. The next step will be people reporting you for posting offensive material, and the FINAL step will be the banning of all pictures with dead animals in them, much like the "Wednesday Babe" issue they had a few years ago. It's your choice for now, but I think you might want to rethink your decision to post them.

You show no class and no wit. Go ahead and report, see if I care. Texas is probably the biggest hunting and fishing state in the union.

Now, go eat your hamburger. My best times in life have been in the outdoors with my kid. Who cares what you think.
Yes, your on "Ignore"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #1205 on: May 02, 2012, 08:21:02 PM »
 :lol

I think Fugitive hasn't ever  been that grossly misinterpreted even by me...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 08:25:18 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline homersipes

• Silver Member
« Reply #1206 on: May 02, 2012, 08:24:21 PM »
I personally dont understand why posting pictures of a hunt would be offensive, I used to hunt dont anymore just due to lack of interest.  I have killed probably 13 elk or so 1 deer and countless birds, yes I ate all of them.  This thread to me is about players correct?  So if a guy is proud that he has taken an animal and thats WHO the person is is a hunter whats the problem?  That would be like saying Ink your ink offends me(it doesnt just using that as an example)  that is who ink is without his tats he wouldnt be ink.  so why get disgrundtle about somone posting pics of who they are.  I dont know just my opinion its kind of childish :salute

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #1207 on: May 02, 2012, 08:26:59 PM »
Hunting pictures are in now way socially unacceptable pictures.  If you don't like them, I respect your opinion, but that doesn't give you any right to have them removed.  You have the ability to remove yourself from this thread, or ignore them.

LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Seanaldinho

• Silver Member
« Reply #1208 on: May 02, 2012, 08:32:13 PM »
The guy did mention these were practically the only pictures of him...

Offline ALFAMEGA51

• Silver Member
« Reply #1209 on: May 02, 2012, 08:33:28 PM »
I see nothing wrong with what Rich posted , hunting is a way of life for some people, and its even better because hes bringing his son along to enjoy the great outdoors, if you find it offensive, then like Jayhawk said, just remove yourself from the thread, it says Pictures of players, no parameters for the picture types were given, with all due respect S! -ALFA

Nice harvest by the way Rich  :salute, I hope to hunt something like that myself one day!
ID:ALFAMEGA/Kyle
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Undercover Jug pilot "My brick always flys wing"

Offline Iraqvet

• Copper Member
« Reply #1210 on: May 02, 2012, 08:56:56 PM »

All you Cupcakes wanna know what I "IraqVet" look like well here ya go..
***The Perk Tank Snuff***
HHC 1-502nd "Strike" Infantry 101st Airborne Division Air Assault!
The very essence of leadership is its purpose. The purpose of leadership is to accomplish a task. That is what leadership does and what it does is more important than what it is or how it works

Offline dunnrite

• Silver Member
« Reply #1211 on: May 02, 2012, 09:01:13 PM »
Wow, the estrogen level in this thread pegged the meter.

I find it offensive that every since I was a kid, I thought muppets were controlled through their arse, now I realize they are controlled through their vagina
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 09:46:21 PM by dunnrite »
Amazing you could actually recruit that much suck into one squad.
Your Proctologist called, they found your head.

Offline Iraqvet

• Copper Member
« Reply #1212 on: May 02, 2012, 09:02:22 PM »

This was taken when I was in Mosul, Iraq 2004....
Sundown you'd better take care if I find you been uppin perk Tanks at my spawn point  :pray
***The Perk Tank Snuff***
HHC 1-502nd "Strike" Infantry 101st Airborne Division Air Assault!
The very essence of leadership is its purpose. The purpose of leadership is to accomplish a task. That is what leadership does and what it does is more important than what it is or how it works

Offline Rich52

• Silver Member
« Reply #1213 on: May 02, 2012, 09:06:16 PM »
Thank you guys for the support here. Heres nice to know SOME players have minds of their own and dont need to run with a herd. That blond haired kid will be taking the oath to protect his country and Constitution this summer, as I once did.

Its also nice to know some players understand what hunting, fishing, and the outdoors is all about. Its about #1 family and friends along with protecting and cherishing the resource. The actual killing is way down on the list. For a working stiff God has blessed me with being able to hunt and fish all over the world with friends and family. Two more I'll share with you, the man in the middle was my partner for many years and best friend. God took him young but not until we shared many hunts and fishing trips together.

This guy was the Walter Peyton of Bird hunting. Not a day goes by I dont miss him and Ive been unable to upland hunt since the day I lost him.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

I think some of these characters would be better off taking some time away from computer games and/or deputizing themselves as forum moralists and judges and getting in the outdoors. If I really wanted the thread to "take an ugly turn" I'd show you where that cheeseburger you ate for lunch came from and what that animal went thru.
Yes, your on "Ignore"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #1214 on: May 02, 2012, 09:14:32 PM »
You show no class and no wit. Go ahead and report, see if I care. Texas is probably the biggest hunting and fishing state in the union.

Now, go eat your hamburger. My best times in life have been in the outdoors with my kid. Who cares what you think.

Personally I couldn't care less if you post dead animal pictures, they don't bother me. All I was saying is a number of people have asked that you don't, at least in this thread which is about "Pictures of Players". If you would like to go start a thread about dead animals that you love, them by all means do so. There seems to be a number of people that are offended by the pictures but would still like to see pictures of other players to put a face to the name as it were.

Your insistence to act like a "back hills hick" and ignore the simple request a few of your fellow players have made is what will get people to report the thread, and get it shut down and could possible lead to the banning of those type of pictures. There use to be a "Wednesday Babe" thread were people would post pictures of scantily clad ladies .... well women  :devil Some people were offended by it and now it is not allowed.

I'm just trying to bring you up to speed and save you some trouble. As I said, I couldn't care less one way or the other.