Author Topic: Pictures of players  (Read 392362 times)

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
Re: Pictures of players
« Reply #1290 on: May 05, 2012, 06:08:45 PM »
Started here.

Drove through here.

Ended here.

In case anyone is curious, it took 5 Day 22 Hours and 43 Minutes.

I tend to ride a little far.

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1291 on: May 05, 2012, 06:28:29 PM »
Started here.

(Image removed from quote.)

Drove through here.

Ended here.

Fred

:rock

:cheers:

:aok
See Rule #4

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #1292 on: May 05, 2012, 08:02:04 PM »
Started here.

Drove through here.

Ended here.

Fred

Fred,

You do realize that you drive essentially the same bike that Neil Peart drives....furthermore, if you visit Neil's website and look through his gallery the pics look a lot like the terrain in your pics.  Additionally, there are no pictures of you in these pics but Neil has pictures of himself in his pics.

Are you Neil Peart?
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline dedhero

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1293 on: May 05, 2012, 08:32:13 PM »
Fred,

You do realize that you drive essentially the same bike that Neil Peart drives....furthermore, if you visit Neil's website and look through his gallery the pics look a lot like the terrain in your pics.  Additionally, there are no pictures of you in these pics but Neil has pictures of himself in his pics.

Are you Neil Peart?

I thought the same exact things as soon as I saw the bike; then the POV shot of the road. I have the same questions.   :headscratch:
"Wind hoots through the trouser
but the shoe is already wetting.
Olè, olè!" - lulu

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #1294 on: May 05, 2012, 08:43:50 PM »
Fred,

You do realize that you drive essentially the same bike that Neil Peart drives....furthermore, if you visit Neil's website and look through his gallery the pics look a lot like the terrain in your pics.  Additionally, there are no pictures of you in these pics but Neil has pictures of himself in his pics.

Are you Neil Peart?

Nope, never heard of Neil Peart.  

The ride is an endurance run called the Ultimate Coast to Coast, sanctioned by the IBA.  If you know anything about endurance riding you will know the organization.  

I don't like my honesty questioned, but I can prove I did the ride, so it depends on how much you want to question it.  I assure you it will cost you some cash, I could use a little more in my retirement years.  

Fred

I just Googled Peart.  You better look a little closer at the bikes.  The one I see is a BMW R1200GS.  The one that I had in the posted pictures is a BMW R1100GS.  Notice the low R1100RT Exhaust on mine, that is a bit unusual.

Let me know, if you want to put some cash up.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 08:48:38 PM by bmwgs »
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #1295 on: May 05, 2012, 09:42:56 PM »

The ride is an endurance run called the Ultimate Coast to Coast, sanctioned by the IBA.  If you know anything about endurance riding you will know the organization.  

I don't like my honesty questioned, but I can prove I did the ride, so it depends on how much you want to question it.  I assure you it will cost you some cash, I could use a little more in my retirement years.  

Fred

I just Googled Peart.  You better look a little closer at the bikes.  The one I see is a BMW R1200GS.  The one that I had in the posted pictures is a BMW R1100GS.  Notice the low R1100RT Exhaust on mine, that is a bit unusual.

I think someone is tugging on your leg.  ;)
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #1296 on: May 05, 2012, 09:58:53 PM »
I think someone is tugging on your leg.  ;)

You don't come on these boards essentially calling me a liar and accuse me of being dishonest.  He can put his money where his mouth is, or he can piss off.

Fred

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1297 on: May 05, 2012, 10:40:10 PM »
You don't come on these boards essentially calling me a liar and accuse me of being dishonest.  He can put his money where his mouth is, or he can piss off.

Fred

He accused you of being the greatest drummer in the history of Rock N Roll.  I would take that as a compliment.

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1298 on: May 05, 2012, 10:48:44 PM »

1sum41 and I after we went flying today
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1299 on: May 05, 2012, 10:58:11 PM »
Nice pic Tup!!  

Here's me and 'Squid' (my son) at the coin ceremony Air Force BMT (I'm on the left)

and of course I'm wearing my BFM shirt
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #1300 on: May 05, 2012, 11:15:50 PM »
You don't come on these boards essentially calling me a liar and accuse me of being dishonest.  He can put his money where his mouth is, or he can piss off.

Fred

Gosh Fred....I missed the bike model by, essentially, a muffler (notice in my original post I said ESSENTIALLY)?  There is a thread going "Famous people that fly Aces High"....I just thought maybe I'd found one.  Instead, I got Mr. Wanna Bet Me.  
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1301 on: May 05, 2012, 11:21:08 PM »

Fred
There's been more than one bs'er around here. It's not a big deal to ask.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1302 on: May 05, 2012, 11:26:32 PM »
I don't like my honesty questioned

He did nothing of the sort, you are hugely over-reacting.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #1303 on: May 05, 2012, 11:33:37 PM »
Yeah, they did....

BMW once mentioned he was cruising through CA when I was out at Irwin, would have been nice to meet Fred finally, never panned out on my end.  If some of you guys took the time to get to know a bit more of the long time players, you would never even say something like that on the BBs.  Hell, I was flying with BMWGS five years or so ago and all he could tell us about on vox was this trip or that trip.

Read my sig Fred.   :cheers:
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1304 on: May 05, 2012, 11:33:57 PM »

Fred

I just Googled Peart.  You better look a little closer at the bikes.  The one I see is a BMW R1200GS.  The one that I had in the posted pictures is a BMW R1100GS.  Notice the low R1100RT Exhaust on mine, that is a bit unusual.

Actually Peart's "Ghost Rider" was a first-person narrative of Peart on the road.  Whilst driving a BMW R1100GS motorcycle, in an effort to put his life back together as he embarked on an extensive journey across North America.  He racked up 55,000 miles on it.   He'd fill up the tank at a gas station and he would talk to anyone who happened to be in view.    After eating his meals, he would chat with some waitresses, customers, etc.   If you know ANYTHING about Peart, this was in direct opposition of the norm since his Daughter's death in 1997 and Common Law Wife's death to Cancer not even a year later in 1998.   Peart will not partiipate in the Meet & Greets before each show because of two things.   1.)  The inevitable questions pertaining to the Daughter and Ex-Wife.   2.) He doesn't understand why people "literally fawn over him" (not in a snobby way either).    He is just a humble person.

After reading your post on what bike you have and now knowing Peart in fact owned the same model.......it should put a couple of things into perspective.    The first being, you overreacted big time.

Changeup wasn't insulting you FFS.   I have never understood why some get so GD defensive in this Community.  
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 11:41:41 PM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC