Author Topic: Pictures of players  (Read 392328 times)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Re: Pictures of players
« Reply #3570 on: December 06, 2014, 02:49:28 PM »
I believe ya cuz but you look like you've been riding around with Cheech & Chong a couple of hours  :rock

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #3571 on: December 06, 2014, 02:51:16 PM »
Sometimes life hates you! So I spent a good few hours making beautiful medieval arrows for my longbow, cutting out the fletching from goose feathers and even splicing two different types of feather together to make a cool stripe pattern. Then the first time I loose them into my target the target slips on the frost and flips over forward snapping every last one of the new arrows into pieces.  :mad:

(Image removed from quote.)

Ouch indeed! :(

So cool hobby! Hopefully sometime in this life I would have the change to get into it. I have very little interest in the archery with modern weight balanced bows but the mideval archery is very interesting in so many ways. It was the artillery of ancient times!

So sorry for your beautiful arrows! :salute
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #3572 on: December 06, 2014, 02:52:34 PM »
I believe ya cuz but you look like you've been riding around with Cheech & Chong a couple of hours  :rock

Woops  :rofl

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3573 on: December 06, 2014, 03:31:20 PM »
Sorta recent from like July.

So stoned you could use dental floss as a blindfold.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3574 on: December 06, 2014, 09:10:22 PM »
Man you will get over it
Your an awesome feltcher
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3575 on: December 07, 2014, 11:12:45 AM »
Ouch indeed! :(

So cool hobby! Hopefully sometime in this life I would have the change to get into it. I have very little interest in the archery with modern weight balanced bows but the mideval archery is very interesting in so many ways. It was the artillery of ancient times!

So sorry for your beautiful arrows! :salute

You must try my friend! It is the cheapest hobby in the world for the enjoyment of the result. All you need is some basic wood working tools, a rasp, a draw knife or big blunt normal knife, some sandpaper, a saw and of course some trees.

Here from the bottom: A tree - A rough stave being shaped - A bow 90% finished in the tillering (making the curve right and, in this case needed, heat bending) stage - on top a finished longbow.

The same rough stave a few hours later:

And since it's a players picture thread, the idiot that makes them:

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3576 on: December 07, 2014, 11:35:15 AM »

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline 800nate800

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3577 on: December 07, 2014, 12:06:03 PM »
So stoned you could use dental floss as a blindfold.
nope just kinda blinked from bright bellybutton iphone flash.
former squeaker, but you wont 1v1 about it
Most my friends are banned......
Kommando Nowotny

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3578 on: December 07, 2014, 12:20:54 PM »
Very cool bows.  I've only messed with self bows a bit.  I build glass/wood lam bows I hunt with.
[/URL]
[/URL]
AMAX  in game

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3579 on: December 07, 2014, 12:30:23 PM »
Aspen, beautiful bow. I've always wanted to try a glass/lam bow. What sort of weight is that one? I bet it is fast looking at that recurve.

S!
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3580 on: December 07, 2014, 12:54:38 PM »
That one was 50 something pounds I built for a friend.  They aren't super fast but I'm more concerned about getting them to feel smooth and dead in the hand.  It took me 4 or 5 forms before I got one I really liked.

This is a 56# I used on that elk hunt.

AMAX  in game

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3581 on: December 07, 2014, 01:13:13 PM »
I bet they are still faster than my selfbows! I can get a decent speed with thin enough nocks but the efficiency of a selfbow is nothing compared to a good recurve. My personal bow right now draws about #95-#100 at 30 and fires an arrows about 200 yards with no wind. Close in power is impressive though, under 30 yards is the kill zone for French knights :D

edit: my point being that at half the weight a god glass/lam recurve will shot the same, so energy put in is half as efficient in a heavier selfbow
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 01:34:41 PM by mechanic »

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3582 on: December 07, 2014, 05:17:44 PM »
I bet they are still faster than my selfbows! I can get a decent speed with thin enough nocks but the efficiency of a selfbow is nothing compared to a good recurve. My personal bow right now draws about #95-#100 at 30 and fires an arrows about 200 yards with no wind. Close in power is impressive though, under 30 yards is the kill zone for French knights :D

edit: my point being that at half the weight a god glass/lam recurve will shot the same, so energy put in is half as efficient in a heavier selfbow

95 lb at 30 is impressive Batty!    That chunk of wood I'm "still" working on was at 70 lbs at 22 inches and 70 lbs is all my scale will go up to....

So I decided to till it down to a reasonable weight,you know something I could maybe draw.... say about 45 to 50 at 28 inches.  My biggest worry is it breaking it's back,thats why I want to till it down.

I have a nice 7ft rock maple stave drying and if I ever get that piece of ironwood well I'll be a happy campper for the next 4 or 5 years.... LOL :O

Ya I'm that slow!

Batty,I need to send you a pic,I carved a knurled handle,about all I did this past summer,oh and it wont pull 70lbs anymore either.

Aspen,I'd like to see a pic of your form{s} that you use,I've considered doing a glass bow also,well maybe in a few years......   Nice looking bows,I like the different colored laminations,I would think you could be very creative doing that! :aok

:salute

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #3583 on: December 07, 2014, 06:53:14 PM »

You must try my friend! It is the cheapest hobby in the world for the enjoyment of the result. All you need is some basic wood working tools, a rasp, a draw knife or big blunt normal knife, some sandpaper, a saw and of course some trees.

Here from the bottom: A tree - A rough stave being shaped - A bow 90% finished in the tillering (making the curve right and, in this case needed, heat bending) stage - on top a finished longbow.

The same rough stave a few hours later:

And since it's a players picture thread, the idiot that makes them:

What ... no 2 fingers salute? :t
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3584 on: December 07, 2014, 06:59:40 PM »
What ... no 2 fingers salute? :t

:D

hang on, I'll just find a French Knight to ask if that's allowed on this forum... oh strange, can't seem to find any left alive :t

Morf, send me the pics, same email