Author Topic: Auto Killed  (Read 1182 times)

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Auto Killed
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 09:39:20 AM »
Nonsense. There is a juvenile prejudice against Spitfires but there is no actual reason to avoid them. It's an excellent choice for a new player.

Hell, I already said it my opinion. For a newbie, it is a good choice, I won't argue that. But the way I learned AH, by flying 109s till I finally got it right (or at least to the point where I can get kills), felt much more satisfying. When I decided to give a Spit a whirl, I felt like it was too easy.

Like I said, thats my opinion and how i learned AH.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 10:40:14 AM »
Hell, I already said it my opinion. For a newbie, it is a good choice, I won't argue that. But the way I learned AH, by flying 109s till I finally got it right (or at least to the point where I can get kills), felt much more satisfying. When I decided to give a Spit a whirl, I felt like it was too easy.

I was lucky to get some help early on in a Spit 9 with a Player Sysprobe. A very good player at the time and don't think he's still around. But try many different types and you will find a plane that fits your style. When you're new it's very important to not put youself in bad situations where the MA vultures will eat you up.
  Still learning from my mistakes.  :airplane:
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2012, 10:58:27 AM »

I understand your point and I welcome diverse opinions but I believe the statement I quoted is factually incorrect. It really doesn't matter what you are flying when learning ACM. What does matter is what your are flying against and how it compares to what you are flying.  Two Spitfires can have the same fight as two ME109s or two P-51s.
A newbie in a Spitfire fighting a Brewster or Zeke isn't an easy mode instant kill machine.

Offline AustinAustin

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2012, 10:55:11 AM »
Only "auto kill" I hate is the getting run over by the supply convoy trucks while taking off or just sitting on the runway waiting to take off.