Author Topic: Oi Midway  (Read 2029 times)

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
Re: Oi Midway
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2012, 07:32:32 PM »
I feel bad too I've been wanting to get on for that Sunday match but problem is time zone, 3pm is a bit iffy for most of us in the US, now 7-8pm EST is more enjoyable lol
Don't mind me, been to busy with a project for the last two weeks to even fly even 5 sorties

:aok :salute for a man of action.

Co's need to get together and get it sorted so bood can be properly shed.

What dissapoints me about this community is a lack of fighting spirit.

Ink has gone a long way to getting people to duke it out in the DFC where there is a good atmosphere and very sensible rules that work. I know how much fun squad v squad is I wish more squads would get organsied and grow a pare.
I am a man up for the fight myself. I lost 13 duels in a row in my squad and got laughed at but kept coming back for more in a fighting game. Its not everyones cup of tea I realise but a bit of victory and being bludgeoned into submission now and again is good for the soul and keeps the ego alive but in check.  
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2012, 07:39:16 PM »
What dissapoints me about this community is a lack of fighting spirit. 

Kind of goes back to this question: Do you play to win, or not to lose?

What surprises me is just how many use a shade to "experiment" with new rides or tactics, instead of just doing it in their own name and taking their lumps.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2012, 09:55:03 PM »
Kind of goes back to this question: Do you play to win, or not to lose?

What surprises me is just how many use a shade to "experiment" with new rides or tactics, instead of just doing it in their own name and taking their lumps.
Or they fly a different plane under a shade so it doesn't give away their true name.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2012, 10:02:41 PM »
Of course we go inactive and they want a fight.  :rolleyes:

EDIT: If you really wish for a fight let me know a time in the DA Yarbles.  ;)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 10:05:07 PM by DrBone1 »
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2012, 10:06:02 PM »
Midway won't go to the DA anyway...  I think he said it would make him sterile.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2012, 10:12:04 PM »
I hear your a big shot now and can take down anyone in "The Few" other than our Tournement of Champions Bruv and Perv. I want you to know that I am more than willing to let you have a go at me DFC rules best of 5 if you think your up to it  :old:.

I was busy getting ready for our big Grudge match with Top Gun but its proving difficult to get a date out of them  :D  

(Disclaimer
In deference to High Tech's post this is all in the spirit of having a good fun in a war game and not to be taken personally  :banana: anyone getting hot under the collar may be taking this game and themseves a bit too seriously  ;), all rights reserved no purchase necessary, the views of yarbles do not necessarily represent of the The Few their families and associates or waive your statutory rights which continue to apply.)

Rules?  Rules?  DA?  DFC?  How much fun is that?   :rolleyes:

When you see me in MA, tell me where to up and I will....  :aok    Then when I shoot you down,  :ahand  I will gladly let you reup as often as you want or until I run out of fuel or ammo.   Be sure to let the rest of the squad fight elsewhere while we visit. :)

See you real soon.   :D

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2012, 10:22:21 PM »
Rules?  Rules?  DA?  DFC?  How much fun is that?   :rolleyes:

When you see me in MA, tell me where to up and I will....  :aok    Then when I shoot you down,  :ahand  I will gladly let you reup as often as you want or until I run out of fuel or ammo.   Be sure to let the rest of the squad fight elsewhere while we visit. :)

See you real soon.   :D

^See...  He's afraid of sterility I think.   :D

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2012, 11:07:44 PM »
Midway, I can beat you... most of The Few, and my squad for that matter will tear you a new spitfire  :D
Just saying

:bolt:
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2012, 11:08:38 PM »
Midway, I can beat you... most of The Few, and my squad for that matter will tear you a new spitfire  :D
Just saying
 (not meant to be a personal attack, if it's perceived as one!!!  :uhoh )
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2012, 11:09:30 PM »
Midway, I can beat you... most of The Few, and my squad for that matter will tear you a new spitfire  :D
Just saying

:uhoh  :pray    :headscratch:    :pray  :uhoh

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2012, 11:10:25 PM »
Midway won't go to the DA anyway...  I think he said it would make him sterile.

Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2012, 02:41:51 AM »
Of course we go inactive and they want a fight.  :rolleyes:

Rules?  Rules?  DA?  DFC?  How much fun is that?   :rolleyes:

When you see me in MA, tell me where to up and I will....  :aok    Then when I shoot you down,  :ahand  I will gladly let you reup as often as you want or until I run out of fuel or ammo.   Be sure to let the rest of the squad fight elsewhere while we visit. :)

No Guts no glory  :lol
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 02:43:30 AM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2012, 02:52:58 AM »
 What we need is a "squad challenge cup"  :old: (A brilliant idea of the mighty Sir Nuke)

Something we can keep in the mess silver cabinet and toast.

Any other squad can deprive us of it if they are willing to beat us in a squad duel  :banana:
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 03:06:25 AM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2012, 03:09:30 AM »
EDIT: If you really wish for a fight let me know a time in the DA Yarbles.  ;)

While I am not quite up to the task of destroying you yet  :D you are my no1 target on the DFC ladder when its announced. If we are too far appart we will have to have an unofficial bout. If you win the films will be taken to mine and Shida's secret laboratory for study and the development of counter measures  :old:
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2012, 05:30:44 AM »
clerick > all y'all  :ahand