Author Topic: Collisions  (Read 10686 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Collisions
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2012, 11:28:34 AM »
If he pulls the trigger on you, when he does have a gun solution according to his front end, then on your front end, regardless of where he is pointing, the rounds are going to come from his plane and hit yours.

It is the same issue with collisions.  You first have to wrap your brain around the fact that EVERY computer playing the game, at any given time, has a slightly different representation of where everyone is in the game.  Until you can get that, nothing anyone can say will make any sense.

The only contridiction exists for those who refuse to understand every computer has every person in a slightly different location in the Aces High world.

I think the worst representation of this, I have seen, was a film that showed a plane firing backwards from its location hitting the person rolling the film.  There were some rants in that one.  The person firing also sent his film in due to so many accusations of being a hacker/cheater.  Turns out he was on a satellite connection where 2 to 3 seconds of latency are normal.

I totally understand it skuzzy.  not trying to start a war.  I understand why it's coded that way also, it has been explained to death.  but it is one of those things even though i understand why it happens, how it happens, when it happens.  I still dont have to like it.

and it's because of the times i have gotten into a really good battle and actually had gotten behind the guy's plane and when i am about to shoot, boom, i am in the tower.  in looking at the film I see nobody else around and the guy is in front of me or in a place where he cant shoot me down.  I understand how I died, I totally do in his end he had me in his sights.  but on my end I didnt and that's why even though i understand it, I dont have to like it.  and since I cant think of a better solution that what we have then  that's life.  :salute

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2012, 12:18:17 PM »
I totally understand it skuzzy.  not trying to start a war.  I understand why it's coded that way also, it has been explained to death.  but it is one of those things even though i understand why it happens, how it happens, when it happens.  I still dont have to like it.

and it's because of the times i have gotten into a really good battle and actually had gotten behind the guy's plane and when i am about to shoot, boom, i am in the tower.  in looking at the film I see nobody else around and the guy is in front of me or in a place where he cant shoot me down.  I understand how I died, I totally do in his end he had me in his sights.  but on my end I didnt and that's why even though i understand it, I dont have to like it.  and since I cant think of a better solution that what we have then  that's life.  :salute

semp

I can count on one hand the number of times I have been on someone's tail and then he has warped behind me.  

To say you understand how it works, and that the way it is set up is the best way to do it, but then say that you "still do not like it" is silly.  That's the equivalent of saying that you do not like gravity.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2012, 01:34:02 PM »
I can count on one hand the number of times I have been on someone's tail and then he has warped behind me.  

To say you understand how it works, and that the way it is set up is the best way to do it, but then say that you "still do not like it" is silly.  That's the equivalent of saying that you do not like gravity.

not the same comparison.  i can say i dont like gravity because it makes me stay at the height of 5'7.  doesnt mean i dont understand it.  there's a big difference between like and understanding it.  I totally understand my ex-wife when she talks to me, but I just dont like her.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2012, 01:48:32 PM »
you get a text message when someone collides with you when you missed them.

as an exercise in "getting what you want" make sure to bail out every time you see this message even when you avoided them on your end.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2012, 01:52:45 PM »
not the same comparison.  i can say i dont like gravity because it makes me stay at the height of 5'7.  doesnt mean i dont understand it.  there's a big difference between like and understanding it.  I totally understand my ex-wife when she talks to me, but I just dont like her.

semp

:lol

Offline Brownien

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2012, 02:38:51 PM »
Maybe adding in stalls and spins due to collisions? it seems to often that upon a frontal ramming or even from a lesser angle, both or the one surviving plane goes on flying straight (based on the amount of damage done) where as that much force being input at an angle other than directly into the center off mass, is going to induce some kind of spin.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2012, 03:27:46 PM »
Maybe adding in stalls and spins due to collisions? it seems to often that upon a frontal ramming or even from a lesser angle, both or the one surviving plane goes on flying straight (based on the amount of damage done) where as that much force being input at an angle other than directly into the center off mass, is going to induce some kind of spin.

Did you not read the thread? If he flies away undamaged he didnt have a colision on his end!

Do you think it's fair that your plane becomes uncontrollable when you fly by another A/C at say 100 ft?
    For those who dont think it's right or fair,do as Fester suggests and bail out when you see the message.

You cant have it both ways. :rolleyes:

:salute

Offline Brownien

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2012, 08:49:39 PM »
his original post said nothing about near misses, and i was referring to when an actual collision occurs and only takes off an outboard wing or tail segment, something that is not fatal upon impact.

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2012, 09:59:48 PM »
If he pulls the trigger on you, when he does have a gun solution according to his front end, then on your front end, regardless of where he is pointing, the rounds are going to come from his plane and hit yours.

It is the same issue with collisions.  You first have to wrap your brain around the fact that EVERY computer playing the game, at any given time, has a slightly different representation of where everyone is in the game.  Until you can get that, nothing anyone can say will make any sense.

The only contridiction exists for those who refuse to understand every computer has every person in a slightly different location in the Aces High world.

I think the worst representation of this, I have seen, was a film that showed a plane firing backwards from its location hitting the person rolling the film.  There were some rants in that one.  The person firing also sent his film in due to so many accusations of being a hacker/cheater.  Turns out he was on a satellite connection where 2 to 3 seconds of latency are normal.
the how dose battle field 3 do it?
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2012, 08:54:12 AM »
Always fun when a guy comes form behind my 3/9 line and tears my plane to shreds from the collision I had no chance to avoid. Yet his plane flies away showing no collision. Any way to code a 1 second delay to confirm both FE see the collision? Most frustrating thing in game for me is having a midair with a plane I didn't actually hit. Maybe it's my connection but 80% of the time, when there is a "collision", I'll suffer damage where the other guy didn't see anything.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2012, 09:55:37 AM »
Thought this topic has already been beaten to death over and over again. Wish I had that smiley face that had a bat beating a horse.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2012, 10:50:01 AM »

I have no idea what this is in reference to.  Is that another flight sim?

The problem with trying to compare games starts with this question:  Client based, or Server based?

Of course, the obvious one is you cannot compare a first person shooter to a flight simulator.  Vastly different in all aspects.  That is like asking why a skateboard cannot perform like a Ferrari.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 10:53:33 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2012, 11:48:23 AM »
.  That is like asking why a skateboard cannot perform like a Ferrari.

Skuzzy you should know if you throw enough money at it there's no reason why a skateboard cant preform like a ferrari! :rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2012, 11:51:31 AM »
10mph vs 600mph.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2012, 11:53:29 AM »

Skuzzy you should know if you throw enough money at it there's no reason why a skateboard cant preform like a ferrari! :rofl :rofl :rofl

Sorry, mate. I'm into the current pricing for AHII.