Author Topic: Collisions  (Read 10794 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Collisions
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2012, 06:09:28 PM »
can you ban those guys ?   

ummmmm NO :aok

that's the only way I can play.....I generally have a ping in the 80's and very rarely do I see others warping.....when I do see others warping.... everyone is, which means I AM....

Offline Torquila

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2012, 06:16:26 PM »
Torquila I believe that's the first anthropomorphic misunderstanding of the collision model that I've seen.

I never claimed to understand the AH model, so i'd say the collision here is on your front end...

:D

:airplane:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 06:18:48 PM by Torquila »

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2012, 07:42:00 PM »
If somebody is doing something so stupid as to try to ram your aircraft with the ghost of their aircraft, shoot them down, they are handing you the victory.
That sounds nice doesn't it ... but it's not likely ... in fact your attempt to bring your guns to bear is anticipated and can be used to manipulate you into position for the collision.

It is vastly easier to just shoot you down than it is to play footsy with their ghost, hoping they don't hand you a perfect gunnery solution while doing so.
No, it's not ... A shoot down likely involves a HO situation, and bringing your guns on target means he's capable of doing the same ... depending on the aircraft you fly, you can place yourself at a distinct disadvantage. But it's easy to avoid his shot with a few subtle bobs and weaves that CAN be structured to lead your opponent into the position and attitude you want him in. My observation would be that intentional rammers are either habitual BAD SHOTS, BORED with the typical HO tactics of less talented or experienced pilots, or just generally HOSTILE to -ANYONE- attempting a HO attack. Then you have the sociopathic types who are intent on "Beating" the GAME itself anyway they can. Those guys even have their own squad.
:eek:
I am my Ideal ! - You may now return to your petty bickering.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2012, 08:32:40 PM »
I never claimed to understand the AH model, so i'd say the collision here is on your front end...

:D

:airplane:

I'm not claiming you understand it either. I just commented on your comment.  :D

I can't say AH works the same way, but im sure its a basic extension of the idea that *Only what you see is real* and your FE is always a subjective machine that negotiates with the collective of subjective machines around you to come up with the *truth* of the situation, very much like human beings do.

This is not correct. It's been explained a few times in this thread already. You either have a collision on your PC or you don't. It's that simple. There's no negotiation of a consensus.

You imagine a collision that didn't happen.   :D

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2012, 12:32:50 AM »
That sounds nice doesn't it ... but it's not likely ... in fact your attempt to bring your guns to bear is anticipated and can be used to manipulate you into position for the collision.
  No, it's not ... A shoot down likely involves a HO situation, and bringing your guns on target means he's capable of doing the same ... depending on the aircraft you fly, you can place yourself at a distinct disadvantage. But it's easy to avoid his shot with a few subtle bobs and weaves that CAN be structured to lead your opponent into the position and attitude you want him in. My observation would be that intentional rammers are either habitual BAD SHOTS, BORED with the typical HO tactics of less talented or experienced pilots, or just generally HOSTILE to -ANYONE- attempting a HO attack. Then you have the sociopathic types who are intent on "Beating" the GAME itself anyway they can. Those guys even have their own squad.
:eek:
Funny how nobody has ever produced a film of this.  Maybe you ought to as you claim it is so easy and in itself mandates a need to change the way collisions are handled.

I won't hold my breath.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2012, 06:22:02 AM »
So I understand it. You are suggesting your plane takes damage when someone else does not take time to avoid the collision, but you did. Is that right?

No

Then what are you suggesting?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2012, 07:31:24 AM »
I think we need a video tutorial on collisions for this and future threads.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2012, 07:38:54 AM »
A shoot down likely involves a HO situation

Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2012, 08:12:15 AM »
Then what are you suggesting?

He is suggesting that both planes suffer damage and plummet to the Earth, even IF there was separation of 50 ft' on the FE of one of the individuals involved.

You would need to to open a completely separate forum for the whines about that situation...
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2012, 08:31:11 AM »
He is suggesting that both planes suffer damage and plummet to the Earth, even IF there was separation of 50 ft' on the FE of one of the individuals involved.

You would need to to open a completely separate forum for the whines about that situation...

I know that is what he is suggesting, but when I posed it back to him as follows:

So I understand it. You are suggesting your plane takes damage when someone else does not take time to avoid the collision, but you did. Is that right?

He said, "No".

Hence my question to get him to clarify his suggestion.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2012, 11:05:43 AM »
He really has two choices for what he is suggesting, unless he is asking for some extremely complex and situational piece of code.  He either wants both to suffer damage in a collision, which he said no to, or wants the collision to only apply damage if both FEs detected a collision.

The problem with the second method is that it leads to planes with non-explosive rounds flying through their target aircraft, guns blazing.  It is very easy to hit from 10ft.  Bombers in particular would suffer for it.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2012, 11:47:13 AM »
Hence my question to get him to clarify his suggestion.
My preference is very clear ... If there -IS- a Collision ... Both Planes Go down ... It has nothing to do with who tried to do what or who "didn't take the time" etc ... You accept the risk when you get close enough for a collision to happen ... don't like the risk ? break off ...
:cool:

I am my Ideal ! - You may now return to your petty bickering.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2012, 11:56:14 AM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 12:38:01 PM by hitech »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2012, 12:03:00 PM »
My preference is very clear ... If there -IS- a Collision ... Both Planes Go down ... It has nothing to do with who tried to do what or who "didn't take the time" etc ... You accept the risk when you get close enough for a collision to happen ... don't like the risk ? break off ...
:cool:

A collision was detected in the following instance.

You are suggesting your plane takes damage when someone else does not take time to avoid the collision, but you did. Is that right?

You said no to that question.

So please elaborate.

By the way, there is no such thing as a "ghost" plane.  The plane you see on your computer is the plane you have to deal with.  There is no other plane for any given player.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 12:07:54 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2012, 12:04:40 PM »
Deleted for quote of a rule #4 violation
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 12:39:07 PM by hitech »