Author Topic: film viewer  (Read 661 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: film viewer
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2012, 01:50:58 PM »
Hi all!

Same problems with film viewer here.

A few patches ago, film viewer started crashing.

Not all films, though. Some can be viewed to the end.

Will be sending a problem film to HTC for analysis.

Take care and have a Happy Easter!!!  :cheers:

yep. i sent mine in last night. simply waiting for them to have time to look it over. i figure they're probably off spending time with family this weekend, so i don't expect to hear anything till next week though.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2012, 03:59:56 PM »
I had the time counter not moving thing too but while that was going on I didn't have the crashing issue. Films played fine but I didn't know where I was in the film as the counter was broken. That's fixed since the last patch on the 2nd but now I've got the crashing  issue. I don't remember looking at any films since maybe last Sunday and they were from the scenario practice frame. They worked fine. I was picking out some screen shots. So for me at least the problem popped up with this last patch. I could try a game re-install but haven't yet.

Cap the little update you got logging into FSO might have been a terrain file. There's a ton of special events terrains that get used and I'm guessing you just didn't have the particular one used for this setup.
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2012, 04:34:12 PM »
I had the time counter not moving thing too but while that was going on I didn't have the crashing issue. Films played fine but I didn't know where I was in the film as the counter was broken. That's fixed since the last patch on the 2nd but now I've got the crashing  issue. I don't remember looking at any films since maybe last Sunday and they were from the scenario practice frame. They worked fine. I was picking out some screen shots. So for me at least the problem popped up with this last patch. I could try a game re-install but haven't yet.

Cap the little update you got logging into FSO might have been a terrain file. There's a ton of special events terrains that get used and I'm guessing you just didn't have the particular one used for this setup.

nah.....i saw/watched the terrain bar as it downloaded. this was an actual little update. i got the "your current version is out of date and you must update" or something like that message before i even got to the point of trying to log in.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2012, 05:52:36 PM »
ok, just tried watching my film from last night. got the normal blank horizon, then it quit when i clicked play.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2012, 11:07:52 AM »
Tried the viewer again just now. Started with a random film I made a few weeks ago about 3 minutes long. That film ran fine through to the finish. Then I tried one I made in FSO the other night. It made it about a minute and a half in before crashing. Better than yesterday's attempt.

Here's the difference: I never changed any settings. When the film finished loading the time counter still flickered but it stopped once the film started running. Usually I'll check the box for use recorded view (or whatever it's called) and maybe external view, but this time I just let it sit in the internal straight ahead cockpit view.
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2012, 11:51:34 AM »
Tried the viewer again just now. Started with a random film I made a few weeks ago about 3 minutes long. That film ran fine through to the finish. Then I tried one I made in FSO the other night. It made it about a minute and a half in before crashing. Better than yesterday's attempt.

Here's the difference: I never changed any settings. When the film finished loading the time counter still flickered but it stopped once the film started running. Usually I'll check the box for use recorded view (or whatever it's called) and maybe external view, but this time I just let it sit in the internal straight ahead cockpit view.

i hadn't thought of trying that. i found a film from last year. the film showed perfectly start to finish....and it was 23 minutes long. went and found one from jan. 20 2012 in midwar. it was only just over 8 minutes long...and worked perfectly. the time slider worked perfectly too. no stuttering as i mentioned in the other films.

tried to open my film from the first frame of out of the sun.....didn't even get the blank horizon thing......white film box, then the stopped working message.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"